What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus may be gone

Bicey_18

Bench
Rexxy said:
Danny bleeds blue and red, Smithy is a hired hand who has been there for 2 minutes.

To think you guys are turning on Danny makes me want to puke.

Get some spine and stand behind your captian you simple minded mush heads.

Go and puke somewhere else....

Misanthrope

Staff member
At least he didn't say 'barf' :crazy:

I've always been a huge fan of Danny and what he's done for the club, NSW, and Australia. I don't doubt that this year's been particularly trying for him. But if he's such a phenomenal club man, he wouldn't have gone crying to the media over Smith's methods. It's only damaged the club and the club's credibility. He should have known that would be the case.

Now we're in a situation where the man the board hired to do a job is under fire from all corners of the media, the players, and the fans - and might be thrown upon the pyre as a way to placate the players' egos. If that occurs, we'll get another bonehead like Hagan at the helm, and the club will continue to falter under the weight of players who think that it's their God given right to pull on the red and blue.

It used to be enough that our players were passionate about the club and their team-mates, but the days when that won premierships died with the introduction of the salary cap, third party player payments, and the rise of the English Super League. Loyalty in rugby league is all but dead when it comes to players sticking with their clubs - yet when a club shows a bit of mercenary attitude with regards to retention and recruitment - the players are up in arms as if somebody defecated on the pope's doorstep.

Players like Danny Buderus and Clint Newton may have bled for the club when it was mates first and results second - but now that people are being called to answer for their performances, they show they were loyal to an atmosphere and not a club.

Frankly, this year has seen my interest in all facets of rugby league dwindle considerably. It's no fun supporting the only club in the competition that still clings to the pre professional days as if they are somehow worthy of idolisation. Just because Newcastle's attitude to football is 'different' doesn't make it better.

Ted Bundy was different too.

roopy

Referee
Bedsy is a wonderful club man who could lead us to a title next season - but he is also an old and injury prone guy taking up 400k of our salary cap.
If he wants to put in for next season it would be brilliant - but if he can't see himself as part of the team - the money can buy us three decent players or two young stars.

aqua_duck

Coach
If buderus wants to leave and take reyno with him I wouldn't be 2 upset, that'll free up 700k, for that we could sign 2 rep standard players

darkness

Juniors
macavity said:
and what do you think of the guys we have signed this year

McDoogs, Vuna, Taia....?

A little bit better then next year. The thing is , the Knights dont have anywhere near the resources most other clubs have. And this is the first year that they have had better facilities then previous years with balance gym providing most of it. I don't deny the St George players talent but I bet St George admin feel like knights done them a favour by taking most of them off there hands after there efforts this year without Gasnier. Any signing from the Storm will only be worthy if we can maintain the standard they are used to otherwise they will end up like Reynoldson and doing extra training in his own time and possibly having a form slide. Who knows.... next does.

lockyrulz

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
If buderus wants to leave and take reyno with him I wouldn't be 2 upset, that'll free up 700k, for that we could sign 2 rep standard players

Exactly. With a super coach like Smith you will attact any player you want.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Frankly, this year has seen my interest in all facets of rugby league dwindle considerably. It's no fun supporting the only club in the competition that still clings to the pre professional days as if they are somehow worthy of idolisation. Just because Newcastle's attitude to football is 'different' doesn't make it better.
I agree 100% with what you have just said Bushy. I'm not too sure why it is, but I just can't get myself pumped up for many matches involving the Knights this year. In previous years (2005 included), I wouldn't have needed to try to get myself "pumped up" for a match the Knights were playing in, it was just second nature. This year, that attitude, for me at least, has dissipated.

Hopefully next year that will all change.

~knights~

Juniors
aqua_duck said:

I'd be upset :(

he's one of my favourite players

Rusty

Juniors
aqua_duck said:

Short memory aye?

Bedsy, you should leave because with fans like this, why would you want to stay?

Pull your head in buddy! You wont ever find a player like Danny who's loyal and puts in 110% every game he plays.

Latest posts