What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

Rod

Bench
Well he is not worth what he gets paid and most will admit it. However the first thing you said which started the Gidley discussion was that he was rubbish at club and origin level, you didn't mention pay. The fact is he is not rubbish at club level. Even if he got $1m a year he would not be a rubbish club player. Overpaid yes, rubbish no.

EDIT: what perverse said.

Joker's Wild

Coach
So its his price you have an issue with RABK not his footballing ability then.

Well I dont think that will be argued by any fan on these forums, including Knights fans.

Best to clarify that before firing off half cocked champ, could have saved you some time

RABK

Referee
Well his footballing ability in the halves i have a huge problem with even if he was been paid 100k to play there lol. If he was been paid 250k to be our Hooker i'd be a huge fan.

When he was off contract i had hoped Wayne might see him as overpaid and offer him a severely reduced contract or tell him to go to the ESL. But Wayne gave him a 4 year 1.8 million dollar contract to play in the halves so he obviously rates him as much as the rest of the in crowd RL world.

RABK

Referee
Buderus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gidley

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Well his footballing ability in the halves i have a huge problem with even if he was been paid 100k to play there lol. If he was been paid 250k to be our Hooker i'd be a huge fan.

When he was off contract i had hoped Wayne might see him as overpaid and offer him a severely reduced contract or tell him to go to the ESL. But Wayne gave him a 4 year 1.8 million dollar contract to play in the halves so he obviously rates him as much as the rest of the in crowd RL world.
If the Dragons can win a comp with Hornby at halfback then there's hope for the Knights with Gidley in the halves.

mozza91

Coach

And you of course know more about football than the RL world and Wayne Bennett combined.
What you are saying is ridiculous Gidley is always one of our best at club level regardless of what positon he plays (Rep level is a different story, although he's never as bad as everyone on here makes out) , he's not great in the halves but he is nowhere near as bad as what you're making out.
And as much as you say that there are Knights fans that agree with you, I doubt that there is one who would agree with what your saying. Whenever Gidley doesn't play for us we suck big time.

mozza91

Coach
Gidley always one of our best.

Stopped reading there. Pillock.
What did he root your missus or something?
Our record with him in our side is much much better than it is without him.
He's overrated at Rep Level and we're paying overs for him.
You make it out as if he's Scott Dureau bad.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Gidleys not a bad player and yes I'd have him at 1 for the tigers, however he is nowhere near as good as the media and rep selectors make out. From what I see he is one of the fittest guys in the nrl and one of the best trainers. Coaches love this type of thing but unfortunately we the fans only see the results, what happens on the field.

Basically I see him as a decent first grader who is at city/country level. To have him as one of only two origin certainties is absolutely ridiculous.

RABK

Referee
lol Standard "I dont have an arguement for you so Ill call you names" post.

Well played :roll:

Throw another handbag you skirt.

I made it obvious that i disagreed to his opinion to the extent where i didn't think it even warranted full reading or a reply as Gidley is nowhere near 'always one of our best'

I have plenty of arguments in me regarding Gidley, not sure what an arguement is though. That ain't a typo, that's just uneducated JW.

Fordy20

Juniors
Gidleys not a bad player and yes I'd have him at 1 for the tigers, however he is nowhere near as good as the media and rep selectors make out. From what I see he is one of the fittest guys in the nrl and one of the best trainers. Coaches love this type of thing but unfortunately we the fans only see the results, what happens on the field.

Basically I see him as a decent first grader who is at city/country level. To have him as one of only two origin certainties is absolutely ridiculous.

If Tedesco hadn't blown his ACL, you wouldn't be saying that. You'd only have Gidley in the #1 at the Tigers because Moltzen has been fullback for the bulk of the time since Hodgson left.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Gidley is usually one of our better players though, bar some of the games this year in the halves. Statistics show we don't go as well without him. His leadership to the side is also pretty important imo.

RABK

Referee
Knights fans of all fans should know the 'won 5 from 14 without player x' stat that the media likes to use is a very illogical and flawed stat. When they use to say we were 2 from 15 without Johns they always failed to mention we were also without Kennedy, Tahu, O'Davis, MacDougall, Parsons etc in most of those games.

Whats our record with and without Gidley? 55% - 45%? How many other injuries did we have, what were the quality of teams we played etc. Using a throwaway daily telegraph stat doesn't mean squat. Do some research of your own to construct the 'we miss Gids when he is out' argument.

I'd argue if we punted Gids tomorrow and signed a genuine half for 250k, or God forgive us a marquee 450k half, we wouldn't miss Gidley at all.

Raider_69

Post Whore
And you'd be right RABK
Giddley is putting knights fans through the same pain Tonguey did to Raiders fans last year and Hindy for Parra this year

Blokes have been club legends for too long for some fans to accept they are pretty garbage at the end (And half heartedly i was one of them with tonguey).
Fact is Giddley, nor Hindmarsh this year, and Tonguey last year, are really FG material. They tend to be more of a liability than anything else

on the hooker situation, is it just me or is Gus really heavily pushing the Pennis wagon tonight?
I dont like Bederus anymore than i did 4 years ago, but its pretty clear that despite not being really a top notch hooker anymore, he's still NSW's best.