What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

perverse

Referee
Their miss ratio is nearly identical. The article is misleading.
ssssshhh. stop talking sense.

it wouldn't matter if they weren't. Buderus is a far superior defender. if the missed tackle column shows him having a few more, they will be due to him being involved in tackles in which he had no right to be in the first place, in most instances. league fans seem to come unstuck so often by relying too heavily on stats in their judgement of players (guilty myself at times). a 0.5 difference in missed tackle ratio and suddenly someone is a horrible player. i'm not even sure a sample size of 7 odd games is enough to have any solid indicators either way. perhaps it's getting there.

add to this that the Knights have played pretty much nothing but the top 4 teams thus far this year. it's also a factor. let's see what happens to all the stats that everyone loves so dearly after the Knights have a few easy ones, and the Tigers a few more tough ones. not that the Tigers have had any easy ones this year - they make everything look difficult at the moment... with Robbie being a substantial contributor. i seriously don't get it - before CvC we had heaps of Tigers fans in here saying themselves that Farah shouldn't be picked based on the past 18 months of form, let alone just this year. now, they get a little sniff - 1 good game from him in god knows how long, and suddenly it's an abhorrent thought for him not to be picked. hopeless. dead set hopeless. there was very, very little controversy or debate about who the form NSW hooker was a week and a half ago.

It's probably more churn from NSW Department of Mind Games, playing 'cat and mouse' about the make-up of the prospective NSW origin team.

Please recall that NSW kept their 17 a secret until just before Game 3 last year. That sort of sh*t doesn't originate from the mind of a Rugby League reporter. Keeping your 17 secret until the last moment comes right from the top.

Stuart. :crazy:

He fancies himself as The Master Strategist. What is a master strategist without strategies? He has to play these silly little games because he really doesn't know what to do. He knows that he has no answers. Hence, silly little games. Does he think that by keeping QLD guessing that he is throwing the QLDers preparation into disruption? That's what he thought he was doing last year by not naming the team. That's what he is doing again.

It was really successful last year. Gosh QLD were in disarray for Game 3. :lol:

The true evidence that Stuart is a twit, is that he persists with his failed methods (Hayne at 5/8 etc) despite the fact that they are pathetic, and were never at any stage, anything but pathetic.

You guys are stuck with him.

gronkathon

First Grade
Pick them both. It is very simple.

Buderus has alot to offer the team, camp and to Farah as a developing Origin player.

Farah has alot to offer the team, camp and Buderus in that he has that creative flair that Bedsy doesn't and by injecting it with fresh legs it takes some of the pressure off Buderus in exactly the way Wing did.

For this year and with an eye to the future it just makes sense to pick them both

perverse

Referee
Pick them both. It is very simple.

Buderus has alot to offer the team, camp and to Farah as a developing Origin player.

Farah has alot to offer the team, camp and Buderus in that he has that creative flair that Bedsy doesn't and by injecting it with fresh legs it takes some of the pressure off Buderus in exactly the way Wing did.

For this year and with an eye to the future it just makes sense to pick them both
to be honest, i can find no reason to disagree with this. it really should have happened before Buderus even left. i think you've pointed that out before, but that is the real failure.

gronkathon

First Grade
It was a big failing.

Just makes it more important to get the transitions right this time around so we dont end up wit hthe revolving door which saw 3 really good prospects in Wallace, Campese and Farah shafted in the same series

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Picking Farah and Buderus means there is no place for the love child Gidley, so it won't happen. The fact Stuart considers Gidley an automatic selection is just f**king ridiculous.

But yes, Farah should have been blooded as early as 2007 as an interchange hooker. Two years with Buderus and then promoted to start in 09 which would have shown foresight, common sense and a sound selection strategy. More failure on the part of selectors and coaches.

Tiger-Sean

Juniors
I love the idea of buderus and robbie together. would truly be a great combination. Buderus like others said will do a job and he won't lose NSW the game and he probably won't win it but he brings invaluable experience. Robbie's attack definitely suffers a bit at the tigers because he has a very high defensive load (he makes 40+ tackles a game). If he came on with fresh legs and was given a bit of free reign to work his magic with pearce and carney NSW would actually have some points in them for once.

But unfortunately Gidley will stop this from happening and we will most likely lose another series. I am guessing Carney/Pearce/Whoever plays fullback will be made the scapegoat and our spine will change yet again whilst our super sub/utility will keep his job.

Stuart has Man Love for Gidley and Gallen. They'll both be there.

Mini? :sarcasm:

Buderus might be the starting Hooker. Stuart was stupid enough to choose Ennis last year (amongst many,many stupid Stuart selections). Could he be stupid enough again?

Anything is possible with Stuart on board. Except Series victory. :D

Big Pete

Referee
But technically it's possible for Stuart to win a series because he already has.

Articulate yourself better.

But hey I've been sniping a bit lately. I'll take this chance to throw my 2 cents in

Buderus is the best option NSW has & that in of itself is a big problem. In a disjointed Knights side, Buderus has been solid out of dummy half with his defensive ability proving to be a highlight. However, I cannot say that the form he's been exhibiting in 2012 is any better than what I saw of him in 07-08 where he was on borrowed time for the Blues. The fact Farah or Ennis haven't kicked on inbetween Bedsy's NRL stints is the huge problem. They're the players who should be reaching their prime as players and have the skills to actually challenge Queensland. Yet, neither has matured and their performance out of dummy-half is just too loose to warrant selection.

Buderus should be enjoying one or two final seasons at Newcastle to say allow the next breed of Knights players to develop at their own pace and give them a world class player to help them become the best players they can be. He shouldn't be lining up for a Blues side lacking points and creativity.

Last edited:

Tweed Titan

Bench
ssssshhh. stop talking sense.

it wouldn't matter if they weren't. Buderus is a far superior defender. if the missed tackle column shows him having a few more, they will be due to him being involved in tackles in which he had no right to be in the first place, in most instances. league fans seem to come unstuck so often by relying too heavily on stats in their judgement of players (guilty myself at times). a 0.5 difference in missed tackle ratio and suddenly someone is a horrible player. i'm not even sure a sample size of 7 odd games is enough to have any solid indicators either way. perhaps it's getting there.

add to this that the Knights have played pretty much nothing but the top 4 teams thus far this year. it's also a factor. let's see what happens to all the stats that everyone loves so dearly after the Knights have a few easy ones, and the Tigers a few more tough ones. not that the Tigers have had any easy ones this year - they make everything look difficult at the moment... with Robbie being a substantial contributor. i seriously don't get it - before CvC we had heaps of Tigers fans in here saying themselves that Farah shouldn't be picked based on the past 18 months of form, let alone just this year. now, they get a little sniff - 1 good game from him in god knows how long, and suddenly it's an abhorrent thought for him not to be picked. hopeless. dead set hopeless. there was very, very little controversy or debate about who the form NSW hooker was a week and a half ago.

Uh, no one?

Latest posts