What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buderus

Allstar Knights

Juniors
And you'd be right RABK
Giddley is putting knights fans through the same pain Tonguey did to Raiders fans last year and Hindy for Parra this year

Blokes have been club legends for too long for some fans to accept they are pretty garbage at the end (And half heartedly i was one of them with tonguey).
Fact is Giddley, nor Hindmarsh this year, and Tonguey last year, are really FG material. They tend to be more of a liability than anything else

on the hooker situation, is it just me or is Gus really heavily pushing the Pennis wagon tonight?
I dont like Bederus anymore than i did 4 years ago, but its pretty clear that despite not being really a top notch hooker anymore, he's still NSW's best.
I do sort of agree, but I wouldn't go to those extremes. He still has something to offer and he's definitely FG material. The positions he plays his best at are fullback and hooker. He's not a good half and that's where the problem lies because you can't play him at hooker at the moment with Danny Buderus there and you can't play him at fullback because of Darius Boyd. Basically he's stuck and has to play in the halves. I'm hoping he can make the transition shortly.

Seriously though, the Raiders would kill to have Gidley playing hooker for them.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Not really, he'd be my 15th choice behind pretty much every other hooker in the game bar the spastics we've had in the role in the past 2 years

he'd be a small upgrade on Buttriss-Waddell. I cant think of many hookers outside ones in raiders jerseys who giddley is better than at hooker.

im hoping that will change soon when we get to see what Matt McIlwrick has to offer, all he has to do is not f**k up too much and he's our best hooker

Joker's Wild

Coach
McCullough, Keating, Buttris and Ennis are all shitter than Gids mate.

Gids would get a start in easily half of the sides in the NRL. Saying he is not FG standard is bullshit champ, there is no way you actually believe that he is not. You're just being inflammatory

Dragon2010

First Grade
No offense to anyone. But this thread has turned from talking about Bedsy and the likes of other Hookers gaining a spot. To Gidley v Gidley. Let's brush it aside and restore a bit of sanity?

I'm interested to see how the hookers (Bedsy and Farah) fair this week and play. If Farah has a point to prove he will be on the game. Bedsy I wonder if the team can lift around him and follow his lead with his half breaks and play through. It's obvious he has the potential but I think his age has hindered his speed slightly.

dinko

Juniors
No offense to anyone. But this thread has turned from talking about Bedsy and the likes of other Hookers gaining a spot. To Gidley v Gidley. Let's brush it aside and restore a bit of sanity?

I'm interested to see how the hookers (Bedsy and Farah) fair this week and play. If Farah has a point to prove he will be on the game. Bedsy I wonder if the team can lift around him and follow his lead with his half breaks and play through. It's obvious he has the potential but I think his age has hindered his speed slightly.

slightly?:lol::lol::lol:

He can't even play 80 minutes anymore.

His selection would possibly be the biggest farce in origin history.

Raider_69

Post Whore
McCullough, Keating, Buttris and Ennis are all shitter than Gids mate.

Gids would get a start in easily half of the sides in the NRL. Saying he is not FG standard is bullshit champ, there is no way you actually believe that he is not. You're just being inflammatory

Im not being inflammatory, i just dont think the guy is very good. He tries hard but ultimately he's just not very good. The knights are a better team without him.

As per the first line. Buttriss is the only one he's better than, probably keating aswell. I alluded to buttriss earlier when i said just about every hooker who doesnt play for the raiders is a better hooker than him. Ennis and McCullough are definitely better than him.

He can probably still make an NRL living out of being a super sub, but his value is only there if you have an unfit hooker who needs 20 minutes of bench time, or if you have trouble injury scares coming in given his versatility.

T.T

Juniors
slightly?:lol::lol::lol:

He can't even play 80 minutes anymore.

His selection would possibly be the biggest farce in origin history.

a bigger farce then when gidley was captain from the bench? :D:crazy:

Rod

Bench
It's pretty hard to say who Gidley would be better than at hooker when he's played maybe 5 Origin games there off the bench and even less there at club level.

Matt23

Staff member
Ennis - No
Farah - No
Buderus - No
Gidley - f**k no.
Who does that leave?!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Could certainly do worse with DeGios off the bench.

Has form with Gall and Carney...perhaps a bolter.

Latest posts