What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building the next NZ team

Canard

Immortal
I’ve practically never considered the stadium when choosing whether to watch a game on TV. Maybe for novelty factor when it’s a new venue but that lasts a couple of games tops.
It might influence players a little but team culture, training facilities and general quality of life considerations are the main drivers.
I mean are people going to suddenly start watching AFL because of the roofed stadium in Tasmania?

f**k no

Perth Red

Post Whore
The stadium commercially will help a Christchurch team. Better facilities for fans and better corporate sales opportunities. Thats about it. The idea fans will flock to it juts because of the stadium is fanciful.

Matiunz

Juniors
I do and attracting players etc will be way easier too.
Have the Eels attracted players due to them playing out of Commbank? I doubt it. If having a flash new stadium is the decider then Perth would have gotten a team with Optus opening.
At the end of the day which ever location gets the license has a usable stadium.

flippikat

Bench
The stadium commercially will help a Christchurch team. Better facilities for fans and better corporate sales opportunities. Thats about it. The idea fans will flock to it juts because of the stadium is fanciful.
I think the stadium may be a draw for players too - the promise of perfect conditions for running footy at every home game (something unique in the NRL) surely has to be a big attraction.

Matua

Bench
The Ram is a proponent for anyone or anything who invests or creates new stadia, if you are not doing it, your an enemy of his state... get em ram, get em!
Maybe we should direct him to the NZ2 thread where that style of posting is the norm?

TheRam

Coach
Have the Eels attracted players due to them playing out of Commbank? I doubt it. If having a flash new stadium is the decider then Perth would have gotten a team with Optus opening.
At the end of the day which ever location gets the license has a usable stadium.

Totally different market dude. Also the stadium obviously isn't the main driver for players, but having a facility like that is a contributing lure for sure if most other things are equal as would be playing for a one team city.

Canard

Immortal
Totally different market dude. Also the stadium obviously isn't the main driver for players, but having a facility like that is a contributing lure for sure if most other things are equal as would be playing for a one team city.
So do we expect Tasmania to be able to attract the best Aussie Rules players with there new dome?

TheRam

Coach
So do we expect Tasmania to be able to attract the best Aussie Rules players with there new dome?

No because in the AFL they all play out of quality oval stadiums. That code has got its sh*t together.

We still have around half our teams playing out of ovals and or park like grounds not stadiums at all.

What I term as sh*t holes masquerading as stadiums.

Colk

First Grade
No because in the AFL they all play out of quality oval stadiums. That code has got its sh*t together.

We still have around half our teams playing out of ovals and or park like grounds not stadiums at all.

cough cough Leichhardt Oval, Shark Park, GIO Stadium, Brookvale Oval (although that has improved), Kayo Stadium (lol) Campbelltown Stadium (add Perth and NSO if they get used in the future)

Canard

Immortal

My bad, I didn't realise you were trolling.

Well played.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Interview with Tony Kidd yesterday.
Key take aways:
Believe they are strongest bid at moment
In discussions with an international 'seed' investor. Announcement before Las Vegas
Looking for local investors
Lot of support in Christchurch for bid
Talks with new C'Church SMC underway
Talking with clubs in Australia and UK (wouldnt say what about)
Haven't spoken with Warriors
In discussions with a Hollywood celebrity to be face of bid

Latest posts