What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog Army??? WTF!!

_snafu_

Immortal
your opinion is irrelevant.

You've admitted to deleting the post I had quoted which left mypost out of context.

Your reply, with or without the context of the original post, is clearly racist.

As for taking your word on what I had quoted, no thanks. I don't reember what I was quoting but the fact that I had quoted it means that it was a huge part of what I had to say. Having administered forums before I know admin can edit posts without leaving much of a trace and I would not put that past you.

You would know, having administered forums, that you can retrieve deleted posts.

Now you're accusing an Administrator of being disingenuous in respect of editing your posts.

I am digging no holes. You and your buddies were hell bent on showing me up and did so by editing and mis representing my opinions.

Misrepresenting your opinions? Showing you up?

I think you've done a good job of that yourself.

I think I have pretty much cleared everything now though

I don't think so.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Your reply, with or without the context of the original post, is clearly racist.
Out of context. YaY, this is fun.

You lot are a very special bunch

You would know, having administered forums, that you can retrieve deleted posts.
Yes, I do know that but edited by an admin is a different story

Now you're accusing an Administrator of being disingenuous in respect of editing your posts.

Yeah...and???

Misrepresenting your opinions? Showing you up?
Yeah, half my post was deleted. DUH

I think you've done a good job of that yourself.
errr...no

I don't think so.
I do

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
And by popular demand from TheMightyRedV, and dedicated to Xplosive....

A history of canine pursuits

The unspoken beginnings
The Canterbury-Bankstown Rugby League Club joined the NSWRL first grade in 1935. The ‘Country Bumpkins’, as they were dubbed, must have been a miserable side to follow. To say they had a shocker first season is an understatement.

In an era of lower score lines, Canterbury copped numerous hidings. Wests mauled them by 65-11; Easts slaughtered them by 87-7 and again by 65-10. But the worst loss came when St George obliterated Canterbury by 91-6, a first grade premiership record which still stands to this day. If we had four point tries in 1935, the score line would have 110-6.

After 16 games, the Canterbury rabble managed just two wins over the luckless Sydney University. Incredibly, Canterbury conceded 660 points and leaked no less than 140 tries. In modern day scoring, this equates to a shocking defensive record of 800 points, or an average of 50 points per game!

In their history summary, the official Bulldogs website glosses over this information. They tend to head straight to 1938 and 1942; the club’s first premiership wins. The site then fast forwards to 1967. What happened in between? Well nothing really… Canterbury failed to win another premiership until 1980. It was a drought of some 38 years, no doubt when Sutherland Shire local Juan Pharkall was residing in Belmore.

Re-invent… for god’s sake!
In an effort to stem the flow of failure, the Canterbury club decided to re-invent themselves. Their nickname, ‘The Berries’, was considered too soft… it took them 50 years to work this out. The Canterbury-Bankstown name was long gone and moves were afoot to wipe away the Canterbury name forever. They went for the mongrel and became ‘The Bulldogs’.

Things started to look up in the 1980s as the club put together a sprinkling of premierships. They also had some sporadic success in 1995 and again in 2004, perhaps the most boring grand final in history. To some degree, they managed to interrupt the decades of failure.

Super Duper League
With the coming of Super League, and Canterbury’s subsequent fall from grace, we enter a bleak period of rugby league history which many Bulldogs supporters are not too keen to discuss.

During the prevailing winds of greed and overindulgence, the Bulldogs did their bit to split the game in two. While many clubs indulged themselves, the events of the mid-1990s would ultimately dump Canterbury into the deepest mire of all.

In 2002, the Bulldogs were caught rorting the cap. They ripped off the ‘level playing field’ by at least $1million and essentially, they were cheating. Investigations concluded that the Bulldogs were rotten to the core. The saga cost Canterbury 37 competition points, and delivered them the wooden spoon for 2002.

At the heart of this was the infamous Oasis project, a showcase development in Liverpool. It was revealed the club was using the $800million project to illegally pay players outside the NRL's $3.25million cap. At first, the Bulldogs were in denial, they hid behind a web of deceit and dug themselves in deeper. Eventually, embarrassed Bulldogs CEO Bob Hagan resigned and publicly admitted that the club had been over the cap for years.

In fessing up about the undeclared player payments, Bob said, “It's a long, long process and we've tried since Super League days to get our salary cap in order.”

Since Super League? That was in 1997. This begs the question: how much long, long, longer would this ‘process’ had gone on if they didn’t get caught?

The ‘water under the bridge’ defence
It’s a sordid history but when dealing with the truth, many Bulldogs supporters play the ‘water under the bridge’ card. This is followed by contradictions as the same fans death ride any other team which goes over the cap by miniscule amounts.

Meanwhile, the courageous bad-arsed rebels in the Bulldogs fan base do their bit to keep the police force employed. Damaging phone booths, vandalising trains and belting up on other supporters are a feature of Bulldogs post-match celebrations. Naturally, many fans say it’s just a minority and again, many of the same desperately look for similar incidents at other games when trying to justify their own rotten reputation.

Regretfully, an essay of limited words does not do justice to the subject matter. Indeed, volumes more could be written. Suffice to say, the Bulldogs have had a chequered history and at worst, they have been a pox on the greatest game of all.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...32#post2401332
Cheers Willow - much appreciated champ..:) doggies supporters, i encourage you to read this fine piece of work..and when you read it, read it again, and when you're done, read it one more time. :lol:

_snafu_

Immortal
Out of context. YaY, this is fun.

You lot are a very special bunch

I've asked this question before - What was the context then?

Please take the opportunity to exonerate yourself - oh that's right, you can't remember - how convenient.

Willow posted the bit that was deleted and in my opinion it doesn't change the fact that your grubby post implies that muslims living in Arncliffe are criminals. There is nothing that you can do or say which changes that implication.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I've asked this question before - What was the context then?

Please take the opportunity to exonerate yourself - oh that's right, you can't remember - how convenient.

Willow posted the bit that was deleted and in my opinion it doesn't change the fact that your grubby post implies that muslims living in Arncliffe are criminals. There is nothing that you can do or say which changes that implication.

It was over a year ago dude. How the f**k would I remember that?

Yeah, of course. Let's take Willows word. He hasn't been accused of editing and deleting to aid his argument either :sarcasm:

Only thing that is grubby is the way admin had deleted half my post to put my post out of context.

Anyway, I'll bow out and allow you guys to continue with your grubbiness.

Knock yoursleves out.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
your opinion is irrelevant.
lol. Goodo, I'm glad we got that sorted then.

You're just one of these kiddies that starts with a little fib, but can't stop at one. You keep telling lies, over and over again. Eventually, you become a compulsive liar, and forget which story to tell, or which version to repeat. Then you tell more lies to try and cover up your contradictions.

When all avenues are exhausted, and the dishonesty has run its course, you resort to disregarding the facts and all opposing views.

Perhaps you should seek help.
Dogaholic said:
I don't remember what I was quoting
Well well, you're hardly a credible witness then. But we already knew that.

The prosecution rests.

Nitro

Juniors
Holy f&*k, just thought I would come back and see how this thread was going... and jeeeeezus...

http://bulldogsarmy.weebly.com/st-george-chants.html

I see you tards finally got some chants together, great work!

Remember, if the noob from the Bulldogs Army decides to video tape on Friday night, make sure the camera is up the right way ok?

I don't want to turn my monitor around to see your pathetic excuse for an army chant half-hearted!

See you Friday night :)

ouwet

Bench
Holy f&*k, just thought I would come back and see how this thread was going... and jeeeeezus...

http://bulldogsarmy.weebly.com/st-george-chants.html

I see you tards finally got some chants together, great work!

Remember, if the noob from the Bulldogs Army decides to video tape on Friday night, make sure the camera is up the right way ok?

I don't want to turn my monitor around to see your pathetic excuse for an army chant half-hearted!

See you Friday night :)

:lol: My two favourites... GOLD!!! Up The Doggies, bring on friday you chokers!

(Flinstones tune)

St George Illawarra
They're the local footy franchise team
From the, town of dapto
They sold away their history
Records, are a thing of the past
Trophies, just sit gathering dust
St George, Illawarra
you sold away your history

Oh when the saints go merging in
oh when the saints go merging in
they have haven’t won since 79
they haven’t won in my life time

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
St George Illawarra
They're the local footy franchise team
From the, town of dapto
They sold away their history
Records, are a thing of the past
Trophies, just sit gathering dust
St George, Illawarra
you sold away your history

cute song but you forgot kogarah.
and for recors how does 91 to 6 sound, its from the past but still standing?

jpaciocco91

Juniors
I do not get this. Somebody please provide me with an answer.
I am hearing that "we have not won since 1979" by some dogs.
Others have stated that we are a 10 year old entity that has never won a final.This is making the "won f**k all since 79" claims invalid.
A bit of a contradiction here, were we around in 1979 or did we not come until 1999?
That is the question.
could start some conflicts between dogs fans, seeing that they love us so much, they are always here (eg ouwet, nitro, byrd, dogaholic) they should resolve it soon.

I think we should solve this all. Let us abandon the RedV, Kogarah Oval, ban all former St George players from attending games seeing that we are a different team now, get rid of the St George crest, etc. We shall move to Scum Park Wooloware and Scum Park Belmore (no-one else is there, sharkies are going soon), play 6 at belmore, 3 at wooloware and 3 at wollongong, seeing that the steelers live on. Saints don't however. We will wear colours similar to Stade Francais. We shall be known as The Belmore-Sutherland Shire Illawarra Country Bumpkins. (who were known as the country bumpkins when they first entered the comp?)

Seeing that we are "no longer St George" why don't we do this? Why have no Bulldogs fans suggested this?

Last edited:

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Ouwet, that is a cool song. Got a great tune to it. Sing it on Friday. You will become a pioneer of rock 'n' roll even though rock 'n' roll was invented in 1952. Make a time machine.
Only problem is, it does not make sense. We sold our history when we merged in '99, yet the premiership in '79 still stands. You must really want to remember it, seeing that your team featured.

sting

Bench
very lame ouwet... very lame.

regardless, you won't be singing them on friday, as if all you dogz fans could remember the words

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Ouwet is Elvis Presley. ready to reinvent rock 'n' roll. he'll be singing hound dog to all the players at the end "you aint nothin but a hound dog, cryin all the time" they will be crying!

I am serious, this Ouwet is more than a great ambassador for the game of rugby league and a rock n roll icon. He is a god. This guy loves us. This week he has been on saints forum more than all of us combined. We have to send our returns, I shall establish the first Holy Church Of Ouwet, God Of Rugby League and Rock N Roll. There is no salvation outside this church! I am its first Pope!

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
Ouwet is Elvis Presley. ready to reinvent rock 'n' roll. he'll be singing hound dog to all the players at the end "you aint nothin but a hound dog, cryin all the time" they will be crying!

I am serious, this Ouwet is more than a great ambassador for the game of rugby league and a rock n roll icon. He is a god. This guy loves us. This week he has been on saints forum more than all of us combined. We have to send our returns, I shall establish the first Holy Church Of Ouwet, God Of Rugby League and Rock N Roll. There is no salvation outside this church! I am its first Pope!

im really sorry but the only way for salvation is through orthodoxy(thats my opinion, im not saying anythin about other religions) so i wont be following the church of ouwet although it was a little tempting

Latest posts