What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog Army??? WTF!!

Xplosive

Juniors
97' Super League
02' Cap
02' 34 points
02' Cheats
08' Spoon
09' 2 points stripped
09' Too fkin cocky before R10 has even kicked off!!

LOL

5 GF losses in a row
1979-2009 - Over confindence resulting in heartache for Dragons fans who many have yet to see their side win a thing.
1999 -Anthony Mundine LOL
Broncos chant- Dragons cant play
06 - Lose again in semi after beating the broncos and being hot favourites to take out the title with a star studded salary cap breaking squad that never got investigated

Last edited:

Moe

Juniors
97' Super League
02' Cap
02' 34 points
02' Cheats
08' Spoon
09' 2 points stripped
09' Too fkin cocky before R10 has even kicked off!!

LOL how original.

You took the content from Willows post and the layout from my post, and MERGED them into one post.

Good work.

Moe

Juniors
What was the year where Gaz got kicked from SOO for sexual harrassment via SMS?

LOL you guys get upset so easily, lucky for you your team isn't as soft

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Chaser_guy_060715.jpg

Xplosive

Juniors

LOL Willow back again with his classic repeats that went passed their use by date 2 years ago.
LOL Willow, I vote you the dumbest member on this forum just behind Ribs.
How did you manage to become and administrator?

Jasdragon

Juniors
And by popular demand from TheMightyRedV, and dedicated to Xplosive....

A history of canine pursuits

The unspoken beginnings
The Canterbury-Bankstown Rugby League Club joined the NSWRL first grade in 1935. The ‘Country Bumpkins’, as they were dubbed, must have been a miserable side to follow. To say they had a shocker first season is an understatement.

In an era of lower score lines, Canterbury copped numerous hidings. Wests mauled them by 65-11; Easts slaughtered them by 87-7 and again by 65-10. But the worst loss came when St George obliterated Canterbury by 91-6, a first grade premiership record which still stands to this day. If we had four point tries in 1935, the score line would have 110-6.

After 16 games, the Canterbury rabble managed just two wins over the luckless Sydney University. Incredibly, Canterbury conceded 660 points and leaked no less than 140 tries. In modern day scoring, this equates to a shocking defensive record of 800 points, or an average of 50 points per game!

In their history summary, the official Bulldogs website glosses over this information. They tend to head straight to 1938 and 1942; the club’s first premiership wins. The site then fast forwards to 1967. What happened in between? Well nothing really… Canterbury failed to win another premiership until 1980. It was a drought of some 38 years, no doubt when Sutherland Shire local Juan Pharkall was residing in Belmore.

Re-invent… for god’s sake!
In an effort to stem the flow of failure, the Canterbury club decided to re-invent themselves. Their nickname, ‘The Berries’, was considered too soft… it took them 50 years to work this out. The Canterbury-Bankstown name was long gone and moves were afoot to wipe away the Canterbury name forever. They went for the mongrel and became ‘The Bulldogs’.

Things started to look up in the 1980s as the club put together a sprinkling of premierships. They also had some sporadic success in 1995 and again in 2004, perhaps the most boring grand final in history. To some degree, they managed to interrupt the decades of failure.

Super Duper League
With the coming of Super League, and Canterbury’s subsequent fall from grace, we enter a bleak period of rugby league history which many Bulldogs supporters are not too keen to discuss.

During the prevailing winds of greed and overindulgence, the Bulldogs did their bit to split the game in two. While many clubs indulged themselves, the events of the mid-1990s would ultimately dump Canterbury into the deepest mire of all.

In 2002, the Bulldogs were caught rorting the cap. They ripped off the ‘level playing field’ by at least $1million and essentially, they were cheating. Investigations concluded that the Bulldogs were rotten to the core. The saga cost Canterbury 37 competition points, and delivered them the wooden spoon for 2002.

At the heart of this was the infamous Oasis project, a showcase development in Liverpool. It was revealed the club was using the $800million project to illegally pay players outside the NRL's $3.25million cap. At first, the Bulldogs were in denial, they hid behind a web of deceit and dug themselves in deeper. Eventually, embarrassed Bulldogs CEO Bob Hagan resigned and publicly admitted that the club had been over the cap for years.

In fessing up about the undeclared player payments, Bob said, “It's a long, long process and we've tried since Super League days to get our salary cap in order.”

Since Super League? That was in 1997. This begs the question: how much long, long, longer would this ‘process’ had gone on if they didn’t get caught?

The ‘water under the bridge’ defence
It’s a sordid history but when dealing with the truth, many Bulldogs supporters play the ‘water under the bridge’ card. This is followed by contradictions as the same fans death ride any other team which goes over the cap by miniscule amounts.

Meanwhile, the courageous bad-arsed rebels in the Bulldogs fan base do their bit to keep the police force employed. Damaging phone booths, vandalising trains and belting up on other supporters are a feature of Bulldogs post-match celebrations. Naturally, many fans say it’s just a minority and again, many of the same desperately look for similar incidents at other games when trying to justify their own rotten reputation.

Regretfully, an essay of limited words does not do justice to the subject matter. Indeed, volumes more could be written. Suffice to say, the Bulldogs have had a chequered history and at worst, they have been a pox on the greatest game of all.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...32#post2401332

:lol::lol: I love it!

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
to get back on topic, the bulldogs simply aint got nothing on our army, we dont need to prove anything cause we all no the truth. if bulldogs win then yeah i know you will our chant us at the END of the game, but thats cause you only sing when your winning. but it will be us singing no matter what untill the final whistle blows

dragondad

First Grade
I love all the talk about Bulldogs crowds last year,however wasn't there a double header which would significantly increase their crowds?They also took a game to Brisbane.

Dogaholic

First Grade
That makes no sense whatsoever. Clutching at straws?

You were directly quoting Ribs eh?

Here's what he said (with defamation removed):

To which you replied:

I can't see anything there to back up your claims.

Ribs made no mention of race, religion or culture. His post was deleted for defamation.

You obviously jumped on the words 'criminals' and made the decision, all by yourself, that this was a middle eastern trait. In effect, you made a racist comment.

It should have ended there.

But when challenged on this, you made up a story that Ribs made the racist comment first, and you were merely quoting him. This is a lie. Not only is it a lie, but it is also a disgrace to yourself that you would try to pin your own comments on a fellow league supporter.

Ribs was offended by this, but to his his credit, he never took it any further.

Again, it should have ended there.

But you, on the other hand... well you're so stupid that you regurgitate it a year later, just so you can be branded a racist all over again.

Your post was never edited by admin or mods. You changed it later to "123" to save face. Again, you were too slow to realise that other people had quoted you by then.

The evidence is all there in the thread in question.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=179278

All 10 pages of it.

My only question is why do you insist on digging this hole for yourself?

your opinion is irrelevant.

You've admitted to deleting the post I had quoted which left mypost out of context.

As for taking your word on what I had quoted, no thanks. I don't reember what I was quoting but the fact that I had quoted it means that it was a huge part of what I had to say. Having administered forums before I know admin can edit posts without leaving much of a trace and I would not put that past you.

I am digging no holes. You and your buddies were hell bent on showing me up and did so by editing and mis representing my opinions. I think I have pretty much cleared everything now though

Ribs

Bench
LOL you guys get upset so easily, lucky for you your team isn't as soft

That's rich coming from someone that dedicates both their sig and avatar to our team. Another St George stalker.....

Seems to be a few here this week.

That's rich coming from someone that dedicates both their sig and avatar to our team. Another St George stalker.....

Seems to be a few here this week.

I can't wait until this week is over. Saints will have won the game and all these dog trolls f**k off to the forum of the team they are playing next. They don't spend much time in their Doggies forum do they?

Latest posts