What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs are rubbish!

sharko

Juniors
I watched the Bulldogs this evening against the Raiders and was really unimpressed.
There half and 5/8 are probably the two most boring and predictable players in the comp in passing amd kicking.
Andrew Ryan should retire now, old and slow and will only get worse.
Jamal Idris seemed to be sulking most of the match so the Blues electors got it right in leaving him out, a real lazy liability.
The Bulldogs seem to have nothing to offer, and that reflects on their coach who is devoid of talent and imagination himself.
Another poor year for the Dogs with little to show for next season!

boxhead

First Grade
They were horrible tonight, what the hell was up with Keating? One of the worst performances I've seen all year from an individual player.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Halves lacked a bit of imagination. I think they play a vastly different game to Josh Reynolds, both are more suited to Ennis' at hooker. We showed our potential late on, but its becoming the same story. We need a win next Friday.

boxhead

First Grade
There's no question Ennis helps them out a lot in terms of directing the team, tonight they looked completely disfunctional and had little structure or organisation. Watching the game I kept commenting on how, for 50 minutes or so, everything looked flat and the players were all bunched up.
You guys fired when Halatau came on, I think.

j0nesy

Bench
Ennis is the key to th Dogs. theyll go top 8 easily. Shit Im glad NSW didnt choose Idris.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Idris barely featured in attack because of the disorganised playmakers. He wouldn't be as quiet with Soward or Pearce.

raider_mike

Juniors
doesn't help that they were comprehensively out played in all aspects of the game...

this thread has a touch of gould to it..

"the raiders were lucky the bulldogs played so bad etc etc etc"

DecoyRunner

Juniors
I though Hodkinson was impressive at the start of the season. I couldn't believe how much Canterbury paid for him, but I saw a bit of something against Wests and then Souths, but whatever it was, it's gone now. He played a lot like he did for Manly last year. Not any Moore.

Barba next to leave. PREDICTION.

Spot On

Coach
At this point in time Manly are laughing with the half they have. Bulldogs may need to buy a few players next year becaus so far with wins over the bottom three on the ladder and Souths, they are apparently massive under achievers. Any excuses for Kev if they miss the finals this year?

typicalfan

Coach
The Bulldogs are the equivalent of Manly last year really. Manly were strongish but the halves weren't that great, forwards strong. This year Foran has gone to another level really except Foran will always be miles better than Keating.

thommo4pm

Coach
At this point in time Manly are laughing with the half they have. Bulldogs may need to buy a few players next year becaus so far with wins over the bottom three on the ladder and Souths, they are apparently massive under achievers. Any excuses for Kev if they miss the finals this year?

How many more players do they want to buy?

The Dogs threw everything at us last week, and then couldn't back it up against Canberra.
Canberra with a full strength side would have hammered them last night.

I said last week the Dogs will make the bottom end of the 8, but they will be nowhere near the top 4 or 5 teams.

Canberra are starting to get their act together also. Give them some credit.

Spot On

Coach
How many more players do they want to buy?

The Dogs threw everything at us last week, and then couldn't back it up against Canberra.
Canberra with a full strength side would have hammered them last night.

I said last week the Dogs will make the bottom end of the 8, but they will be nowhere near the top 4 or 5 teams.

Canberra are starting to get their act together also. Give them some credit.

Don't know. But I'm sure Toddy the master CEO will be looking for more if it looks as though they will miss the eight. This could be a bad look for those who are in charge of recruitment out there, or for Kevvy. Big dollars spent ona rookie half remember. Lots of "gun' forwards were bought for this season. We shall see in a few months time.

gUt

Coach
A couple of observations. The Dogs went pretty well at getting up the right end of the paddock but could not crack them when it counted. I think Hodgkinson is a good young player who had an off night. Canberra were up for this game and were bristling after a stunning win last week.

One more thing - it's now f**king c-c-cold in Canberra. Time to start tipping them at home methinks.