What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs attack Saints over perceived "lock-out" at Kogarah

>zuzu<

Juniors
Being a Bulldogs fan, i actually disagree with Greenburg (first time too). He has had a lot of great sentiments and driven our club forward well, but the fact that it is at a suburban ground really brings on alot of drive from NRL fans to get to the game. I hate going to games where you draw 20-25+ K crowd at large stadiums and it still looks like your waiting for the tumbleweed to roll by.

Cant believe im saying this but... onya Doust

ouwet

Bench
I agree with you dragonfire. you want more home fans than away fans at the gam (ala Parra vs Bulldogs). The small grounds are apart of what make rugby League great.

That's the kind of attitude that will keep Rugby League a Suburban game!

I got my tickets for this game 4 weeks ago, but fair dinkum the NSWRL orientated way of thinking should have stopped in 1988... This is the NRL not a suburban game. A new criteria needs to set out that teams MUST have a capacity of 30,000. RL cannot continue to get crowds of 15K and be 'happy' with them! I for one applaud Greenberg, marquee games shouldn't be played in suburban grounds.

Sam I Am

Juniors
Good on St George-Illawarra!

Fantastic to have a great crowd locked in. It will be games like this, with the fantastic atmosphere a good crowd generates, that will increase crowds, ratings and goodwill (which is sorely needed today, methinks) across the board for the NRL

redvscotty

First Grade

I got my tickets for this game 4 weeks ago, but fair dinkum the NSWRL orientated way of thinking should have stopped in 1988... This is the NRL not a suburban game. A new criteria needs to set out that teams MUST have a capacity of 30,000. RL cannot continue to get crowds of 15K and be 'happy' with them! I for one applaud Greenberg, marquee games shouldn't be played in suburban grounds.

It's the heritage round. How can you get more Heritage than playing at a suburban ground packed the rafters with a packed out hill and dirty dirty hotdogs and beers. Playing a game like this with so much potential at ANZ would be a blight on the game.

f**k off you public toilet dwelling merkin.

Rexxy

Coach

Ouwet the bed? Do what you want for your home game, but we;'re hap[py not to sell our souls to big venues. And as for Froggy Greenburg, he should declare his interests in this matter.

And as for your sig, dont bring politics into league. Do you take some foreign flag to games too?

ouwet

Bench
Ouwet the bed? Do what you want for your home game, but we;'re hap[py not to sell our souls to big venues. And as for Froggy Greenburg, he should declare his interests in this matter.

And as for your sig, dont bring politics into league. Do you take some foreign flag to games too?

As i said, i got my tickets so i don't really mind but fair dinkum... To be turning people away isn't a good look especially when it's only 21000 in the stadium. LOL I don't take flags to games not even Bulldog flags... I also wouldn't be caught dead on the hill anymore... Bring on Cat 1!
On My signature, this is a forum mate, not a RL game... It's where people discuss all sorts of topics and IF you haven't realised there is a "Four Corners" thread discussing politics, so if you don't like it, tough! :)

ouwet

Bench
It's the heritage round. How can you get more Heritage than playing at a suburban ground packed the rafters with a packed out hill and dirty dirty hotdogs and beers. Playing a game like this with so much potential at ANZ would be a blight on the game.

f**k off you public toilet dwelling merkin.

That's all St George Illawarra will ever be a surburban team... Keep averaging 13-15K... Your home crowds will never rise until you move, simple! AFL took the lead and RL is still scratching themselves about crowds..

Rexxy

Coach
. It's where people discuss all sorts of topics and IF you haven't realised there is a "Four Corners" thread discussing politics, so if you don't like it, tough! :)

If thats the case ...

Last edited by a moderator:

bulldog

Bench
Dear Bulldogs,

We won't:
a) Cause a massive logistical headache moving a game at the last minute,
b) Make it much harder for our fans to get to the game,
c) Give up true home ground advantage,
d) Renege on promises made to fans and corporate partners,
e) Damage our very succesful membership program,
f) Jeopardise our case for future government grants.

to accomodate a few more fans who weren't interested in the game enough to buy tickets early.

Fair enough too, IF it were to be the case it would have had to happen before tickets went on sale, even then if I was a Saints fan I'd be pissed.

Bulldog Force

Referee
...having said that, didn't the Saints criticise the Tigers for not allowing a semi-final to be moved to accommodate more people from SFS to ANZ?
They sure did, 2005 finals series. I believe they said their fans were out numbered 3:1.

ouwet

Bench
They sure did, 2005 finals series. I believe they said their fans were out numbered 3:1.

It was the Tigers who were outnumbered 3:1 because St George knew they'd be playing there for two weeks, Tigers had to beat Brisbane.

I was at that game... The Dragons so called "Army" :lol: was so silent... The Tigers supporters easily out cheered them... that was a great night to see the Saints choke again.:lol:...

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
Pretty offensive comment.

Just laugh at it... Not worth thinking twice about, all it does show is the kind of person he/she is. He/she can have his/her opinion and put it on his/her signature without insulting people.

Um... no! Try the other way around.

Meanwhile,

Dear Bulldogs,

We won't:
a) Cause a massive logistical headache moving a game at the last minute,
b) Make it much harder for our fans to get to the game,
c) Give up true home ground advantage,
d) Renege on promises made to fans and corporate partners,
e) Damage our very succesful membership program,
f) Jeopardise our case for future government grants.

to accomodate a few more fans who weren't interested in the game enough to buy tickets early.

bullsh*t predictions like a 40,000 crowd do not help the case. No doubt the crowd would be bigger, but rubbish like that only damages the credibility of the case.

Kind regards,
Saints

Hear, hear completely agree, if the Dogs fans wanted to go so badly they should have brought tix in february.

Hell even 3000 are still available.