What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs attack Saints over perceived "lock-out" at Kogarah

Dogaholic

First Grade
Your kidding yourself if you think there will be any serious move back to the joint other than as a training facility, and thats only because Homebush is dicking us around.

Those that went to the ground between 1995-1999 know how bad that hill got in that time, so much trouble, with intimidation tactics employed against opposition supporters. It's a game, not an excuse for a fight.

RIP Belmore.

Well said

drake

First Grade
All I can say is: Tough sh*t.

The '20000' people are probably better standing outside Kogarah Oval, the mighty Jubilee, than going to the soulless tomb that is ANZ, or the bloody SFS!

I mean seriously, does "home game" mean anything anymore?

Mr Greenburger, why the hell should we care about opposition fans? Cry more ya f**ken sook.

Call Peggy Waldron for advice on sueing for whinge sake.

I suppose when you abandon a traditional ground for a corporate monstosity, you'd expect everyone else to do the same. Typical Super League sellout scum.

Buy your tickets now, or buy your tissues tomorrow.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm happy with the tickets. I'll leave the tissues for you to buy on Saturday morning.

Sam I Am

Juniors
I suppose when you abandon a traditional ground for a corporate monstosity, you'd expect everyone else to do the same. Typical Super League sellout scum.

Traditional? St George-Illawarra. 1999-2009. Say no more.

Shorty

Staff member
40 k where did they get that prediction from?
So apparently heritage and Kogarah should be ignored for the game to be taken to SFS or ANZ and get like 25 k..........

Leave it at Kogarah, and so what if the stadium holds 21, it's tradition and even though the bigger stadiums can fit more - They're rarely put to the test.
A full stadium looks better than an empty one.

tiger_nick

Bench
gotta agree with dousty on this one. its the dragons home game, they shouldnt have to move it to get more doggies fans in and also lose the advantage of playing at kogarah.

ByRd

First Grade
Greenburg i dont agree with you on this one, the reason people are looking forward to this match so much is cause its at Kogarah and trust me there will be plenty of blue n white supporters there, we knew it would sell out and bought our tickets weeks ago, this is a good thing though, not to many trouble makers will turn up as they buy on game day, its gonna be a massive night and i cant wait.

He said "traditional ground", you dildo.

"Located on the Princes Highway in the Sydney suburb of Kogarah, it originally hosted its first game of rugby league sometime in 1936 when the Dragons defeated the Newtown Jets in an exhibition match"

Are you saing it isn't a traditional ground?

Maybe you should "say no more", or change your name "cok u are".

Sleep

Juniors
40,000? :lol:

Put down the pipe Todd. The Dragons aren't going to give up on of the few home games they get at their true home ground. Which will sellout with well more than half being their own fans. Baseless.

drake

First Grade
Well if the NRL is going to try and cash in on our Heritage Jersey, established in 1921, then they can't argue that bullsh*t.

1921. I couldn't care less what some News Ltd stooge says; history can be rewritten by the victor, but it doesn't change the truth.

Anyway, didn't you guys disappear from Rugby League for a while to play some other variant?

Didn't you drop all ties to the Canterbury Bankstown area to The Bulldogs?

Didn't you swap your club emblem for a silly S that made your players look like wannabe Supermen?

Please, what the f**k would the Bulldogs, nee Berries, know about Tradition?

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, re-est 1998

Bulldog Force

Referee
40,000? :lol:

Put down the pipe Todd. The Dragons aren't going to give up on of the few home games they get at their true home ground. Which will sellout with well more than half being their own fans. Baseless.
Todd is looking at this from the fans point of view. Give him a break. He may be wrong in this case, but you can't please everyone.

Well if the NRL is going to try and cash in on our Heritage Jersey, established in 1921, then they can't argue that bullsh*t.

1921. I couldn't care less what some News Ltd stooge says; history can be rewritten by the victor, but it doesn't change the truth.

Anyway, didn't you guys disappear from Rugby League for a while to play some other variant?

Didn't you swap your club emblem for a silly S that made your players look like wannabe Supermen?

:lol: Awesome serve.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

NRL cashing in on your heritage jersey? :? Clubs sell jerseys and retain most of the profit from doing so. As for your assertions about the NRL, I'm pretty sure their Heritage logos they mocked up for every team last year had "EST 1921" at the bottom of yours.

I don't see how removal from the name means we've cut all ties to the CB area, up until 2008 we trained there and our football offices were there, and the intent is to move them back within a year after Homebush Athletics Centre shafted us.

Questioning our clubs tradition is a bit rough, especially when the person who questioned yours is a raving lunatic Queenslander.

Dogaholic

First Grade

1. Sam I Am is not a Bulldogs fan - I think

2. We are and always have been 1 team

3. SL was the best thing to happen to the Bulldogs

4. St Merge \\\\:D/\\\\:D/\\\\:D/

Moe

Juniors
Can't wait for this one. Agree 100% with Dousty.

Why would you kill this blockbuster of a game by moving it to gAyNZ. I've been looking forward to this game all year, bad luck to those who miss out.

ouwet

Bench
Can't wait for this one. Agree 100% with Dousty.

Why would you kill this blockbuster of a game by moving it to gAyNZ. I've been looking forward to this game all year, bad luck to those who miss out.

There are still tickets LOL, technically no one has missed out yet... If people haven't got one yet, buy them today!!!

drake

First Grade
1. Sam I Am is not a Bulldogs fan - I think
Has has a dog in his avatar and is a dickhead; fair to assume he's a Bulldogs fan.

2. We are and always have been 1 team
But you haven't always played Rugby League, you played a dodgy, corporate designed variant for a while there. You didn't have to merge, because you sold out instead.

3. SL was the best thing to happen to the Bulldogs
Yet it was the worst thing to happen to Rugby league. What does that say about what the Bulldogs mean to Rugby league?

4. St Merge \\\\:D/\\\\:D/\\\\:D/
Lamer than a 2 legged horse.
Bullcheats.
C*nterbury.
Pooldogs.
Rapists.
Born not Bought - except for all the Saints players you bought.