What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

Bulldog Force

Referee
Good stuff lads, settling it like gents :thumn
:thumb
goodpost.gif

MatthewA

Juniors
Just to be clear on the Millington signing.. It's a 2 year deal apparently and has been reported as such on the news and in the Daily Telegraph today, although there's no link for the article online.

TooheysNew

Coach
Good stuff lads, settling it like gents :thumn
:thumb
goodpost.gif

Haha yeah. Not if you'd seen the pm he sent me.

Poor kid was so frustrated he was in tears. I'm never going to port either. I'm too frightened.

Teasing my 15000 posts, despite him racking up the same amount in 18 months.

Funniest thing I've ever read. :lol:

rupeni_00

Juniors
Here's my offical list of gains/losses for 2011

Gains
  • Trent Hodkinson (Manly) 2013
  • Aiden Tolman (Melbourne) 2013
  • Kris Keating (Parra) 2013
  • Frank Pritchard (Penrith) 2013
  • Grant Millington (Cronulla) 2012
Losses
  • Luke Patten
  • Ben Hannant
  • Brett Kimmorley
  • Daniel Harrison
  • Blake Green
  • Trent Cutler, Danny Williams and a handful of other fringe players

Last edited by a moderator:

MatthewA

Juniors
Jonathan Wright (Parra) and Michael Lett (Dragons) are both heavily rumoured to be signing with us.

boxhead

First Grade
I thought I might let you guys know Johnathon Wright is pretty much confirmed to be signing with the Bulldogs on a 2 year deal.

He's a good back-up player, rarely lets you down when given the chance and may one day develop into a stable first-grader.
Good luck to him and your club :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Some media outlets are confirming that Millington is in our "Gains" list (smh in particular). Looks like that one is 100% and now the reports today are the Eastwood deal is "all but done" according to Toddy.

Gains now, if you include the anticipated signings:
Aiden Tolman
Ryan Tandy (mid2010)
Kris Keating
Trent Hodkinson
Frank Pritchard
Grant Millington
Jonothan Wright
Greg Eastwood

:crazy:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Some media outlets are confirming that Millington is in our "Gains" list (smh in particular). Looks like that one is 100% and now the reports today are the Eastwood deal is "all but done" according to Toddy.

Gains now, if you include the anticipated signings:
Aiden Tolman
Ryan Tandy (mid2010)
Kris Keating
Trent Hodkinson
Frank Pritchard
Grant Millington
Jonothan Wright
Greg Eastwood

:crazy:
Greenberg my man!
bowdown.gif

MatthewA

Juniors
I spoke in depth with Hetherington and reported months ago in a magazine I'm not allowed to name that Eastwood was coming back for 3 years. Millington also confirmed himself in RLW that he had signed a 2 year deal with us.

Here is the link to the article from SMH about Eastwood:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...stwood-back-to-the-kennel-20100911-155wd.html

Needless to say I'm stoked to have Eastwood back, not to mention a top class recruitment list.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Thanks for the article Matt. Absolutely STOKED about this news. As far as I'm concerned we'll have improved (even more so) our 2011 rosters once this deal is official. Of course once that's done I'll need to amend my 2011 Squad in the relevant thread :D

MatthewA

Juniors
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20052

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have ensured depth and versatility will be a feature of their NRL squad for 2011, with Grant Millington, Michael Lett, and Jonathon Wright all agreeing to join the Club next season.
Millington, a prop or second rower, joins the Bulldogs after three seasons of NRL football with the Cronulla Sharks, where he played 23 of his 49 career NRL matches in 2010.
Lett has spent the last three seasons at St George-Illawarra after starting his career with the Sydney Roosters. Equally at home at wing, centre, or fullback, he has proven his worth when called upon, crossing for four tries in eight games for the Dragons.
Wright is a centre or winger who made his NRL debut for the Parramatta Eels midway through last season. He played five matches during 2009, including weeks one and two of the finals, and backed that up with seven appearances in 2010.
“Grant, Michael and Jonathon are all handy acquisitions due to their experience at NRL level and their ability to each cover more than one position,” Bulldogs head coach Kevin Moore said.
“All three players add plenty of quality to our squad for next season and I can see them staking their claim for selection in first grade right from the start of the year.”
Millington and Wright have each signed for 2011 & 12, while Lett’s deal is for the 2011 season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whoosh

Juniors
Any official word on who has been released for next season yet?

I know there was talk of Cutler, Williams, Gordon, Hickey and others but just looking for something official.

MatthewA

Juniors
Officially released are:

Luke Patten
Brett Kimmorley
Ben Hannant
Daniel Harrison
Jarrad Hickey
Blake Green
Tim Winitana
Yileen Gordon
Danny Williams
Shane Neumann

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Source?

No other club has signed:

Jarrad Hickey
Tim Winitana
Yileen Gordon
Danny Williams
Shane Neumann

and I don't see any release from the club.

We need this stuff sourced mate, sorry.

MatthewA

Juniors
I understand, sorry.

Well Hickey is gone. He hasn't been signed but it's been reported by Greenberg himself that he's leaving. The same goes for Gordon who was told he won't be re-signed. It was mentioned on "Sports news first" that the Sharks offered him a lower grades contract but he rejected it.

holman

Juniors
Did anybody here Bulldog Ritchie on Sports Sunday telling Peter Peters that Andrew Fifita has been linked or signed by the Bulldogs. Fifita has 1 year to go on his Contract with the Tigers but is out of favor with Sheens as witnessed with very limited time in the semis, and his brother has come to the Bulldogs already.