What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Confirmed Signings & Contract News

age.s

First Grade
I'm really diappointed that we lost Pritchard. Reckon he's just about to hit his straps too. He's been much more consistent this year, hasn't had the one win a game on his own game that he can have from time to time but he hasn't gone missing anywhere near as often. Really good get for your mob imo.

Big Mick

Referee
:lol:

I love bitter Panthers fans. Fun to watch.

Not bitter at all. Frank made a decision for Frank and Frank alone. I'm disappointed, of course!. He's been a Panther for 9 years and it hurts to lose a player you've groomed for so long, but never really realised their potential at any stage on a consistent level. I'm more angry at Penrith's management for not setting an appropriate deadline to which if he decides to go, we can then go into the market to adequately replace him.

According to MG we made a very competitive offer of over $325k. That was already more than what he is worth imo for what he has shown on the field. Considering he's only had 157 first grade games out of a possible 245 in his career...demonstrates he isn't exactly fit and he goes MIA quite a bit. Maybe he fixes that...maybe he doesn't.

But pure and simple, he chased the cash and can't blame him for that. He has about 10 kids so he has to provide for them somehow.

I just love the justifications for fitting him under the cap...and then signing the likes of Millington and Penese and maybe even Eastwood as well.

If the NRL are fair dinkum, they should take a look...but knowing the NRL...they'll turn a blind eye until a reporter starts digging.

Salaries should be published for all to see, like they do in the USA in Basketball, Baseball and NFL. Thats the only way to ensure that a players salary is monitored and whether to realise if he is "living above his means" through any other channel.

Last edited:

MatthewA

Juniors
Whoever deleted my post is just pathetic.. What does the title of the thread say? Singings, re-signings, release and RUMOURS.

If you don't want anyone posting rumours or signings without a source then take that out of the title as to not mislead forumers.

Grant Millington will be a Bulldog next year.

SOURCE: Channel 10 news last night

MatthewA

Juniors
Don't put rumours in a thread title you knob. It doesn't take a genius to realise that when you post a thread urging people to post rumoured signings that it's going to happen. Then you turn around and punish them for it.

If I say that a certain player has signed without posting a source then it's clearly a RUMOUR. Which is what the thread encourages you to do.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
If it's a signing provide a source. If it's a rumour, post it as a rumour. Don't post it as fact.

ie: There is a rumour that x has signed for y.
Not: We have signed x from y.

It's really not rocket science. Even a dumbsh*t like you should be able to work it out.

Consider this a warning.

MatthewA

Juniors
I'm trembling. Please don't ban me Mr Powerful one.

Once you get off your high horse you'll realise you're a giant knob. Official warnings and messages about posting rumours in a rumour thread? Please. Next there will be bannings for posting live scores in the live score thread.

TooheysNew

Coach
If I did ban you, you'd only run to the papers anyway...

As for giant, take a look in the mirror champ. That's not trembling. It's rippling. :)

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Don't put rumours in a thread title you knob. It doesn't take a genius to realise that when you post a thread urging people to post rumoured signings that it's going to happen. Then you turn around and punish them for it.

If I say that a certain player has signed without posting a source then it's clearly a RUMOUR. Which is what the thread encourages you to do.

Whoever deleted my post is just pathetic.. What does the title of the thread say? Singings, re-signings, release and RUMOURS.

If you don't want anyone posting rumours or signings without a source then take that out of the title as to not mislead forumers.

Grant Millington will be a Bulldog next year.

SOURCE: Channel 10 news last night

For the record mate, I deleted your post, not Coby.

Secondly, are you aware that complaining about moderating is also against the rules? If you have a problem with how the system works, email an administrator or contact them via PM. Open forum is not the avenue for these sorts of concerns.

The reason your post was deleted was because it was not presented as a rumour, despite what you might think.

What you wrote suggested the player had signed a contract with the club.

If you know this to be true, provide a source for it instead of trying to look like you're Mr. Fantastic NewsBreaker without revealing your sources. If you are presenting it as a rumour, use the word rumour! It's a very simple process and one that everyone here has to abide by. In the same fashion, if you see someone else doing what we're claiming you have, report them, so our attention is drawn to it.

Put simply, it is too dangerous for forums like this one to leave itself open to unsourced and unverified claims, no matter how important you think they are or aren't.

I hope that clears up a few things, and I hope in future you don't find the need to be so narky in response. We have a duty here and we're performing it, I hope you understand.

MatthewA

Juniors
For the record mate, I deleted your post, not Coby.

Secondly, are you aware that complaining about moderating is also against the rules? If you have a problem with how the system works, email an administrator or contact them via PM. Open forum is not the avenue for these sorts of concerns.

The reason your post was deleted was because it was not presented as a rumour, despite what you might think.

What you wrote suggested the player had signed a contract with the club.

If you know this to be true, provide a source for it instead of trying to look like you're Mr. Fantastic NewsBreaker without revealing your sources. If you are presenting it as a rumour, use the word rumour! It's a very simple process and one that everyone here has to abide by. In the same fashion, if you see someone else doing what we're claiming you have, report them, so our attention is drawn to it.

Put simply, it is too dangerous for forums like this one to leave itself open to unsourced and unverified claims, no matter how important you think they are or aren't.

I hope that clears up a few things, and I hope in future you don't find the need to be so narky in response. We have a duty here and we're performing it, I hope you understand.

I understand. Thanks for explaining.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Does this apply to all the other club's forums?

The actual policing of the rules I mean.
BF is correct. There is one set of forum guidelines which anyone can read at any time. It's up to the moderators of each section to properly enforce these.

MatthewA

Juniors
Looking back I understand what you mean. I'll be more careful in what I post without a link and I'll make it clear it's a rumour if that's the case.