What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs Fans: When Braith signs with the Rorters...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hayabusa said:
I believe the play Skeepe is referring to is the obstruction of Jason Smith. In the first half after Campbell cut back in behind his own player stood still while Smith had to try and move in through the number 17 then ran back out and around making a break the near length of the field.

Heaven forbid a crowd boo the oppposition at a sporting event. As far as Wesser goes it was part of the game itself he had a number of indiscretions with Raiders players, made a few crucial mistakes and then in an amusing incident once actually played the ball then lept at the marker who was moving in to try and tackle the dummy half. You can't tell me that other crowds don't give it to the opposition or certain players, players are professionals as long as the crowd don't overstep the mark then they should be free to dish out all the booing they like, its part of being a live spectator and the enjoyment of the game in booing the opposition and cheering on your team.

Do you also think its unfair that the Sydney crowd boo Carl Webb or that the QLD crowd boo the guys like Johns during origin?

I'm not saying that at all but out of the 80 minutes of football at least 70 minutes were filled with Canberra fans booing for one reason or another, it actually had an impact on the game.

In reference to disgraceful instance of crowd overstepping the mark, I'd like to point out the Willie Mason incident in 03 or 02 I believe. NSW fans were booing their own player. I find that disgusting, especially at Origin level.

Dogs Of War

Coach
benmeyer said:
That was uncalled for mate. What reason was there to take a stab at us?

The hatred I see steming from Canberra fans on these very forums towards ex-canberra players is unbelievable.

I don't see any other clubs supporters that even get close to your lot for this type of behaviour. You guys might say you are only targeting Finch and Monahagan, but really who cares. Its 2 more players than most other clubs supporters target.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
The hatred I see steming from Canberra fans on these very forums towards ex-canberra players is unbelievable.

I don't see any other clubs supporters that even get close to your lot for this type of behaviour. You guys might say you are only targeting Finch and Monahagan, but really who cares. Its 2 more players than most other clubs supporters target.

Agree 100% it's like a broken fricken record!!!!

Pantherjim.

Referee
Dogs Of War said:

I beg to differ...

Other clubs supporters are no different, including ours... I remember in Round 2 this year when we played the Roosters at Penrith Stadium; Every time Amos Roberts touched the ball there was a resounding "Boooo!" from the crowd. Then I caught the odd chant here and there; "Amos is a C***, Amos is a Motherf*cker"

I'm not condoning it, but it's not hard to understand how people feel when star players jump ship.... especially for a club such as the Sydney Roosters.

Pantherjim.

ausraider

Juniors
Pantherjim. said:
I beg to differ...

Other clubs supporters are no different, including ours... I remember in Round 2 this year when we played the Roosters at Penrith Stadium; Every time Amos Roberts touched the ball there was a resounding "Boooo!" from the crowd. Then I caught the odd chant here and there; "Amos is a C***, Amos is a Motherf*cker"

I'm not condoning it, but it's not hard to understand how people feel when star players jump ship.... especially for a club such as the Sydney Roosters.

Pantherjim.

Well said Pantherjim.Though Finch and Monaghan deserve all they can get.

bartman

Immortal
I hope he goes to Souths. May not happen, but I reckon it would be good if it did.

Bulldog Power

Juniors
If braith goes to souths I wont boo him

but if he goes to the roosters, starting next year I doubt there wont be many Profanities that I wont have called him

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Pantherjim. said:

Pantherjim.

Especially when they are local products who had worked their way through the Panther's junior ranks into First Grade like Amos Roberts :rolleyes:

Iafeta

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:
Especially when they are local products who had worked their way through the Panther's junior ranks into First Grade like Amos Roberts :rolleyes:

Ain't that true.

I'm still surprised how anal some fans are about the Roosters; as far as I'm concerned, given their some geographical zone, it matters not how/where they get their players from, if they recruit smarter in lower divisions and first grade than any other club in Sydney, all the more power to them.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:

Get F*cked you sarcastic turd! Show me where in my original post I suggested that Amos Roberts was a Penrith Junior! :rolleyes:

Meanwhile you can also show me where I condoned the behaviour of supporters who did boo players?

I said that I understood why fans felt the way they did about players who transferred to other clubs especially when the club in question is the Sydney Roosters. Simply because, well... you guys just seem to want to buy Premierships now... don't you?:-k

Pantherjim.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Iafeta said:
Ain't that true.

I'm still surprised how anal some fans are about the Roosters; as far as I'm concerned, given their some geographical zone, it matters not how/where they get their players from, if they recruit smarter in lower divisions and first grade than any other club in Sydney, all the more power to them.

Of course it matters!

I'd rather win a premiership knowing that my club accomplished it through junior development rather than buy a premiership as the Roosters seem to do.

At least that way you have a team who sticks and plays together for pride and passion rather than their bank balance.

Pantherjim.

Dog-E

Juniors
Iafeta said:
if they recruit smarter in lower divisions and first grade than any other club in Sydney, all the more power to them.

Eh?!...who's saying this??

And more importantly - can they hook me up with some of whatever they're on? :lol:

Latest posts