What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs fullback Ben Barba stood down indefinitely

Snappy

Coach
So he requested to be suspended :lol:

With insight like that, Bulldog Force needs his own segment on Ellen

Spot On

Coach
Shit backs and halves? I'll grant you that Keating isn't a world-beater, but Josh Reynolds was amongst the best in the game in 2013, and they're considering him for NSW.

As for our backs? Turner's played for NSW, Inu and Perrett are NZ internationals, Morris is a NSW & Australian rep, and we've got young blokes like Lafai and Low coming through who are very capable.

I seem to remember this was a shit team last year and they were minor premiers and grand finalists... so keep writing us off :thumb

Your pack played a huge role in that success. Barba of course as well. Halves are not world beaters. Let's see how Reynolds goes this season.

Didgi

FFS.. Barba out so they have to even the ledger for round 1 by picking JT?

Someone wrap him in cotton wool.

Snappy

Coach
Third time lucky and yeh he is back on. Pretty serious to be taken off the website, but then someone has over ruled and said to put him back on. More spin than an Indian cricket pitch down there at Belmore.

rnb11

Juniors
They've taken Barba out of the background on the website and seem to be in the process of changing it to Reynolds and Ennis.

aussies1st

Staff member
Wow absolute shock. Good to see the Dogs doing the right thing and Ben knowing he has done wrong and looking to get help. Also doesn't appear to be a law breaking offense so that is a plus.

dogslife

Coach
Why would they want him on their promotional material given he's just been stood down you mongoloid?

Packy

Bench
I know there's a thread but this isn't about Ben Barba being stood down, it's about what's different between Benny Barba and the other stars.

Let's look at them closely:

1. Greg Inglis stood down after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend - so GI was in the wrong regardless of what happened.
  2. Brett Stewart stood down by the NRL for allegedly assaulting the girl who lived in the same complex as he did. Yes, we know that this case was thrown out of court, and Stewart was hard done by and the NRL had no right to suspend him and did owe him an apology (in my opinion), but it was for the wrong reasons (he was drunk).
  3. Benji Marshall, while he was probably a victim, was not so smart by being out at McDonalds in the city on hi own in the early hours of the morning.
  4. And now... BEN BARBA... has REQUESTED to be stood down by the club for his own personal reasons. He did not do any wrong, and wants time to get over the break-up of his long term girlfriend, and the mother of his 2 children. Now we don't know all the details, but if I was to take a guess, I would say that his now ex-girlfriend has packed up and moved back to Queensland, meaning that Barba will not have to get used to being away from his kids, and this is heavily impacting on him. What about the All stars game, you ask? I'm guessing because he was in Queensland, he would've gotten a chance to see his kids and this would've lifted his spirits.

M8 there is no difference. And if there is? Well you and I aren't privy to that information. Let's just accept that shit has happened. Possibly bad shit and that we are going to have to deal with it.

eozsmiles

Bench
I applaud the Dogs for half coming out and saying something. They will have to get down to the nuts and bolts eventually and then the crap will hit the fan. But footy teams can't just keep calling these things hamstring injuries.

Latest posts