What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burt v Hayne - The Stats

Eelementary

Post Whore
even if burt killed hayne in stats hayne is always the bets option at number 1
the only time he touched the ball in the 2nd half he trampled ova like 5 defenders
imagine that on kick returns wen hes pumped
hes also alot happier at fullbak

If we're going to start accommodating players based on that we've already lost the battle.

TheMoneyBoxMan

Juniors
I dont think it matters where any of us think Burt or Hayne should be, it only matters where Ando thinks they should play. I know he may play better at full-back but I think Hayne has a problem with acting like a petulant child at times and I dont think Ando has that same problem with Burt.
HaHa spot on Fee! Hayne may well be the better fullback/player whatever but for the money he is being paid he sure is not giving us value for money. Then along with that are his little tantrums when he doesn't get his own way and his ridiculous dives that make me cringe. I don't give a sh*t where DA plays anybody in this team as long as we get results. If Hayne is given FB then he bloody well better step up or he can ship the f**k out too.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I'm agreeing with what most people are saying regarding the value tag placed on Hayne especially if he's on 400K+ and not playing like it. The question that needs to be asked is: How much more would Hayne provide to the team playing from fullback? If it's alot more, than DA would surely need to slot him in eventually.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Look, it's in Hayne's hands. If he really wants to play fullback, then knuckle down and learn from Burt to strengthen your own weaknesses.

Burt isn't popular, but it is true - his communication at the back is insane. He's barking orders at everyone to cover gaps and I believe it's a huge reason why our defence has been so good this year.

All Hayne has to do is sit down with Burty and have a talk about it and learn from him. Hayne has strengths and weaknesses, as does Burty. But Hayne's weaknesses at fullback are essentially what is keeping him out of the spot. If he really, really wants it, work for it.

Phillips

Referee
last yr against manly, hayne set up two tries playing fullback with great flick passes.
those 2 plays shat all over burts efforts for the whole yr.

Delboy

First Grade
ummmm, when we went on the run in late 2007, if I remember correctly Hayne was fullback and Luke was out injured. We even beat the Broncs 68-22, I think there is little doubt a good fullback is better than a good bloke.

Fortunately for some , this board does not choose the teams, but if we had another decent centre, then Hayne to fullback and goodnight.

Stagger eel

Staff member
...and just on Brett Stewart, I can't see him playing any other position to accomodate a 150K a year player.

Absolutely..but despite what some people might think Hayne is not to the level of Stewart not by a long stretch...

you might as well compare Matt Keating to Cam Smith...

btw, it was great to meet you the other night CS ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
I think Burt has actually been playing OK this year.

The thing that irks me about Hayne though, is that he IS a fullback.

It seems like each year the coach decides to play around and try him in a different position - wastes half to 3/4s of a season before moving Hayne to fullback. Just seems silly.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Absolutely..but despite what some people might think Hayne is not to the level of Stewart not by a long stretch...

you might as well compare Matt Keating to Cam Smith...

btw, it was great to meet you the other night CS ;-)

Hey stags, Good to meet you in person. If we were at the beer line I would have smashed one down with ya.
btw, I think Hayne and Stewart are more comparible in talent than Keating and Smith. Hayne would kill it playing for a team like st george or the broncs. Also, I get the impression Hayne is DA's golden child and will get his way...eventually.

caylo

Bench
Hayne is probably the closest thing to Slater or Stewart parramatta has, and he could be better than Stewart or Slater IMO with a long stint there.

Burt would be a great impact player aswell... and I think that would be best for the team with KK at 5-8 or halfback

caylo

Bench
Phillips those tries that slater and stewart score have nothing to do with top speed but acceleration, which hayne has plenty off. Hayne is much stronger player than Stewart or Slater, and is a better ball player than them. Hayne can play the Hunt like role or a support type role.
Hayne could be the NSW fullback after a few constant years there... he could win a Dally M from fullback. In the centres he does not get enough ball in open space.

lewiscook

Juniors
It's a real shame how best fullback isn't even playing there, and the likes of the evil Burt keeping god sends like Hayne at centre.

I have a terrible feeling we'll end up loosing Hayne oneday and keeping Burt

funny you say that about hayne...
souths signed wesser for two years for a reason...
really wouldnt surprise me if taylor is grooming the spot for hayne in the near future...
especially when he loses his fullback spot after playing great footy.
i hope im wrong.

caylo

Bench
I dont think Hayne will want to leave Parramatta, along with Inu and Mateo. By that time Hindy and Caylo will probably have moved on and these guys will be the leaders of our club

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think Burt has actually been playing OK this year.

The thing that irks me about Hayne though, is that he IS a fullback.

It seems like each year the coach decides to play around and try him in a different position - wastes half to 3/4s of a season before moving Hayne to fullback. Just seems silly.
Thats pretty much what i can't get over, it's like we have to find a place in the team for Burt because he is such a good bloke and great clubman. And would the side be better with Hayne back at fullback???? I think it would.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
1. do we really know if hayne is on 420k or is it just airmchair critic assumptions?
2. and if he is on this kind of ridiculous money, then surely its the idiots that offered him the deal at fault. no one will turn down a healthy contract and say ' nah, man ,,,, its too much. give me less. im not worth it"

its simple logic.

yy_cheng

Coach
Look, it's in Hayne's hands. If he really wants to play fullback, then knuckle down and learn from Burt to strengthen your own weaknesses.

Burt isn't popular, but it is true - his communication at the back is insane. He's barking orders at everyone to cover gaps and I believe it's a huge reason why our defence has been so good this year.

All Hayne has to do is sit down with Burty and have a talk about it and learn from him. Hayne has strengths and weaknesses, as does Burty. But Hayne's weaknesses at fullback are essentially what is keeping him out of the spot. If he really, really wants it, work for it.

So throughout last year, Burt was not barking his orders?