What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye bye Fui.

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Onan your a farkwit... all this "hes a mug, a grub" BS should be reserved for those who have intent. Fui always goes high because of his tackling style... he is not notorios for bad play like others (someone drew the comparison to hoppa) eg. Dunley, Barrett, Morrison even.

Cletus

First Grade
no.2_lukeburt said:
Onan your a farkwit... all this "hes a mug, a grub" BS should be reserved for those who have intent. Fui always goes high because of his tackling style... he is not notorios for bad play like others (someone drew the comparison to hoppa) eg. Dunley, Barrett, Morrison even.

Well he needs to change his tackleing style. If players keep getting hit in the head they're going to get hurt. Burns is pretty bad for it too.

eels_fan_01

Bench
0 weeks for me. Sent off will do me, you will see tackles like that in nearly every set resulting in a simple penalty but because Kent was seriously hurt.

Bazal

Post Whore
Didn't see it was at a concert....but my mate reckons Grade 5 Careless....f**k knows what that would get him with his record, maybe 6 weeks? I'd have to see it before commenting but it doesn't sound good. Not horrible, but not good...

slippery nipeel

Juniors
"Defiantley send off material.
What i found more disgusting than the tackle was the reaction to the incident by the parramatta fans :?

Kite after laying motionless on the ground for 5 mins got booed and jeered from the field, yet 20 seconds later fui is awarded a standing ovation like he'd just returned from WW1 :roll:

Farkin most disgraceful thing i've seen at a game of football in many years.

Those 10,000 or so parra fans should hang there heads in shame #-o"

You should hang your head in shame in Tz17. It was a high shot sure, but Kite was falling into it. I have seen at least 10 worse tackles this year lucky to get on report, let alone get sent off!! Just like Morley Fuiy is targetted by refs.

As a Manly fan how does it feel to lose, really we smashed you beagles!!

Mr Saab

Referee
He has a bad record and will cop 50% loading from previous high tackles.
Could be looking at 6-8 weeks

brook

First Grade
scottyj said:
mate your an idiot - Kite was knocked out before he hit the ground - Hence hitting his head that hard and not trying to cushion the blow

I thought the same thing, the way he fell certainly made it look like he was already out cold by the time he hit the ground.

eelsta

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
The very same parra fans who cheered and applauded when Joey went down with his ACL in 04.

Yes and the very same fans that gave the same player a standing ovation when he broke the record, only to have him spit in our face:x

Glenn

First Grade
Probably 6-8 weeks for FuiFui
3-4 weeks anyone else.
Yes it was high, Kite was on the way down after being tackled around the legs by Widders when FuiFui made the tackle.

Seen alot worse placed on report only, so unlucky to be sent off IMHO

dio

Juniors
can anyone provide a link to the tackle ive only seen a replay from a bad angle (showed nothing)

CharlieF

Juniors
I don't beleive when people here say they have seen a lot worst than the Fui tackle, only placed on report. If there was another tackle like that, then any ref would have no choice but to send them off. Whilst it may have looked similar to others, the ferocity and strength of the tackle did the damage. It was a bad tackle in anyones books and for anybody to suggest that just a penalty was sufficient, you must be truly one-eyed Eels supporters.

Before the Morley suspension I would have said Fui 10 weeks plus. But I would have to say that it will be anywhere from 3-8 weeks now.

There is no way that there will be no suspension. Even if the incident was only placed on report, it would have still eventually copped the same suspension.

Jimmy

Juniors
I think most people will agree that Wayne Pearce is fair with his comments and he considered the tackle a send off offence.