What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye bye Fui.

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

Glenn

First Grade
Since when does "ferocity and strength" come into the equation, if a player is picked up and back slammed, surely that is a display of "ferocity and strength"
If Kite was standing upright I would say upper chest.
There is no question it was high, but there have been worse.

CharlieF

Juniors
Whats worse is that the 2 best performing players for each team, Kite and Fui, were out of the game because of it.

CharlieF

Juniors
Glenn said:
Since when does "ferocity and strength" come into the equation, if a player is picked up and back slammed, surely that is a display of "ferocity and strength"
If Kite was standing upright I would say upper chest.
There is no question it was high, but there have been worse.

If that swinging arm just sort of brushed across his face with minimal impact and his head didn't go back at all, I would say that it would have been unlucky if Fui even copped a penalty. Add the Ferocity and strenght into that tackle, and Bingo! you have a send off.

There are a few people here that have seen worse. Can you recall and what was their suspension?

Disco

Bench
Some people are kidding themselves

Now i'm not getting into this whole Fui name calling stuff, but if that wasn't a send-off offense, then i doubt we'll ever see a send-off again

Iafeta

Referee
Definite send off.

That said, I'm surprised Ruben Wiki didn't get marched down the road. That was a woeful head high on Joel Clinton.

Probably 2 out of the 3 names pencilled into rotate as props for the Kiwis highly unlikely to be available for half the series. Typically dumb play.

Eelectrica

Referee
Having seen the replay again on nine, Fuifui is definatley going to be give a lot of weeks off bye the judiciary to work on his tackling technique.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Jimmy said:
I think most people will agree that Wayne Pearce is fair with his comments and he considered the tackle a send off offence.

roadkill talks more sense than Pearce

Mr Saab

Referee
Jimmy said:
I think most people will agree that Wayne Pearce is fair with his comments and he considered the tackle a send off offence.

Wayne jibbers on more than Wally Lewis

RABK

Referee
Pearce is crap, if anyone was more deserving of the title 'captain freaking obvious' i am yet to see them.

"It's hard to defend your line during a repeat set of six but even harder with only 12 men"

I only watched 2 minutes of last nights game and that was one that stood out to me as his usual crap. He stutters, umms and ahhhs and is always using inappropriate words in sentences that end up not making any sense. It's pathetic. He is seriously geniused.

Worst commentator ever.

RABK

Referee
And personally i don't think Foi should be facing a lengthy suspension. 4 or 5 weeks.

There was no malice, just Foi been Foi. Going for a big hit and a reckless arm, it wasn't swinging and Kite was not at full height.

It could probably warrant 6-8 weeks but a send off normally see's the suspension shortened.

CrazyEel

Bench
Jimmy said:
OMG, if there's a worse commentator than Pearce then I haven't heard him. How he keeps his job is beyond me but he should just stick to stating the bleeding obvious because any conclusion he comes to is immeadiately proven wrong, absolute nuffy.

booeycollector

Juniors
Jimmy said:

He is the worst caller in the world. Nice bloke but can't call for sh%t.

booeycollector

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
And personally i don't think Foi should be facing a lengthy suspension. 4 or 5 weeks.

There was no malice, just Foi been Foi. Going for a big hit and a reckless arm, it wasn't swinging and Kite was not at full height.

It could probably warrant 6-8 weeks but a send off normally see's the suspension shortened.

Correct. Good, fair post Red. Whats with the presonal abuse Fui is getting. Not on. The bloke has a go and plays the game giving 100%. An error in judgement that will cost him a few weeks. Hopefully we will have him back if we make the semi's because he is playing out of his skin. All those tools abusing the bloke would love to have him at their club.

its seems the general concensus is that he'll ge getting anywhere from 4-8 weeks. dont forget, last year he got 9 weeks, for a much more benign tackle. i wouldnt be surprised if he receives 12+, which will only go to show how much of a joke morley's suspoension is.

LESStar58

Referee
From what I saw I think Moi Moi got a tad unlucky.... it looked like he hit Kite around the chest and his arms slid up... obviously it looked much worse than what I saw...

scottyeel

Bench
LESStar58 said:
From what I saw I think Moi Moi got a tad unlucky.... it looked like he hit Kite around the chest and his arms slid up... obviously it looked much worse than what I saw...
One angle does look that way, unfortunately another angle looks like he hits him flush on the chin. I'd really like to see a front on angle.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think he was hard done by getting sent off. He definately will get a suspension, but I think that too will be excessive.