What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Kimmorley

Darth Bobo

What did Menzies and Simpson do that Watmough didn't?

I'd like to be able to read the next Blues team and not scratch my head at some of the choices.

Kiwi

First Grade
Ryles isn't that lucky to still be there. Who do they have to replace him? Kite is about it. Clinton and the panthers aren't exactly setting to world on fire. O'Meley is injured. Stevens has retired from rep footy. Kearns is too old. Skandalis ain't nothing special. QLD ain't gonna lend them one of their front rowers.

I think Kite had to be picked as a starter with Ryles coming off the bench. That was not the case. QLD will have a more mobile pack for game 2 and it'll still be huge.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Enjoy your 3 - 0 sweep of the series QLD'ers.Our halves combination will be non-existant.

Andrew Ryan is a f**king hack and should do the right thing and bloody step down himself. He is not even up to club standard let alone Origin.

Hindyscrack

Bench
If Watmough was to be dropped we needed another Prop not second rower.

Ryan is a joke, doesnt have enough Go

MightySharks

Bench
We know have two ball players and no ball runners.I would have Johns on the bench. I feel nothing for this game. f**k Laurie Daley and selectors and f**k Ricky Stuart

Tommy Smith

Referee
It should have been:

Minichiello
Rooney
Cooper
Gasnier
King
Barrett
Johns
Bailey
Buderus
Ryles
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Kennedy

Tupou
Kite
O'Donnell
Wing

Simpson, Ryan AND Menzies on the bench? Are they serious? If Price wasn't injured, QLD would smashed NSW up front AGAIN.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
I can't believe Watmough got dropped. He wasn't even given a chance in game 1. Seriously, they need another prop on the bench. Carrying 50,000 2nd rowers is plain stupid, especially when a number of them can play the full 80 mins

mickdo

Coach
My guess is that Watmough was dropped for off-field reasons rather than on-field ones.

aqua_duck

Coach
Anthony Tupou coming off the bench would've been awesome for NSW, would've been abit like SBW coming off the bench for the dogs last year but why they thought Ryan was a better selection is beyond me, I mean Ryan isn't much of an impact forward nand not much of a workhorse either.
Now with Anasta at 5/8th its like we have something like 7 backrowers in the squad.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What are these selectors smoking? I mean whats changing the halves gonna do.

Last time Anasta played 5/8, NSW lost
Last time, of last few times, Menzies played, NSW lost

The bench is once again, sh*thouse, Ryan has done nothing, Watmough can consider himself very unlucky. No backup props once again.

I think its ridiculous they only changed the halves, rather than the forward pack.

yappy

Bench
Prices injury is the only thing that'll save NSW. Still they should have enough up the middle to do the biz. I wonder how many Ricky is expecting all of his backrowers to chase down in the last 20 mins this time?

DEMON

Juniors
I'm actually very suprised that Eric Grothe didn't get picked,he pissed all over Luke Rooney yesterday & as a QLD supporter I'd be more fearfull of Grothe then Rooney.

Hurriflatch

Referee
The forwards are yet again too small.

If Hindy gets cited for his tackle on Wesser (there was nothing in it but you never know) NSW are gone.

Hindyscrack

Bench
MightySharks said:
We know have two ball players and no ball runners.I would have Johns on the bench. I feel nothing for this game. f**k Laurie Daley and selectors and f**k Ricky Stuart

Nice one, Baz attacks the line in a game more then Kimmorley will in his career. Two decent kicking options and outside backs who can set the world on fire on their day. Your halves arent meant to be ball runners anyway.

If you feel nothing for this game you are a fool, Origin is about your state your favourite club player. Kimmorley is a origin choker, proven.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hindmarsh will again be taken out of the game by QLD's forwards. Hindy will tackle himself to a stand still once more leaving nothing in the tank for attack.

Tommy Smith

Referee
aqua_duck said:
Anthony Tupou coming off the bench would've been awesome for NSW, would've been abit like SBW coming off the bench for the dogs last year but why they thought Ryan was a better selection is beyond me, I mean Ryan isn't much of an impact forward nand not much of a workhorse either.
Now with Anasta at 5/8th its like we have something like 7 backrowers in the squad.
That truely is a stunning selection decision. With Fitzy, Hindy, Kennedy and Menzies, what is Ryan going to add? And what WOULD Tupou add? On Friday night he changed the game with a few touches. Set up one try with an off-load, should have set up another if Roberts had passed when he put him through and should have set up another if Crocker had grounded the ball.

What are the selectors thinking...bringing in menzies for Watmough adds nothing and choosing two 5/8s in the halves is a huge mistake. Mystifying to say the least.

oldmancraigy

Coach
To be fair - Watmough did nothing in game one - he was on for 20-25 minutes and looked a little lost. But maybe that is to be expected in your first Origin game??

Ryan and Simpson did absolutely nothing either - oh sure, they both clocked up plenty of tackles, but they came on as props and hit the ball up 8 times between them. Poor. But - that is their game - neither one of them runs the ball up the middle. Nor does Menzies - so I don't see why he made the bench...

I'm puzzled and confused and have absolutely NO HOPE that we will win this game. Barrett went ok in game 1, is a proven Origin performer - but why leave him out there on his own??? You CANNOT tell me that Anasta's form this year has been anything special - of course, maybe that draw with the Rabbitohs guaranteed his selection... Anasta has played a couple of Origin games and been terrible in them - I would rather throw a half-fit Andres Johns out there - at least we know he will organise the team...

Basically we have a team of forwards who all like to play in the back row and run the ball out wide - who is playing up the guts? Just Bailey and Ryles....

The_Coach

Juniors
If that is mean't to be a joke i'm not laughing Ricky.

2 running 5/8ths as your havles combo? The backs won't even see the ball.

Ryan is a disgrace.

Should have been Kite, Tupou, and ORFORD in. Noddy, Ryan, and Watmough out.

Hindyscrack

Bench
DEMON said:
I'm actually very suprised that Eric Grothe didn't get picked,he pissed all over Luke Rooney yesterday & as a QLD supporter I'd be more fearfull of Grothe then Rooney.

Grothe played great yesterday, but Rooney hasnt done anything wrong and has been a solid performer in the rep scence for a couple years now. It would be wrong to dropped him.

If Hindy gets cited dump him, put him in the eels game, then return him, QLD style.

Latest posts