1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

INCLUDES team lists, match previews, match reports, key stats and news from around the National Rugby League - 36 pages and packed full.

EDITION 2 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Bye Bye Latrell

Discussion in 'NRL' started by The_Shield, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Travitoh

Travitoh Bench

Kallum Watkins>Latrell Mitchell

2. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

I can't say that I've seen it
    But the grading was different, so if it was the same all I can do is point at the inconsistency of the review process.

Unfortunately, we live in an imperfect World. Video evidence of something going wrong is sketchy at best. Look at all those tackles from 3 or 4 years ago where the video ref was talking to the on field ref and teams were gaining penalties for any contact with the face at all, no matter how slight. As long as the player stayed down a penalty after contact was made with the head, a penalty was awarded.

Arms brush faces in umpteen tackles. They are not worthy of a penalty as they're not foul play. We got ourselves to the point where it was farcical because we were trying to judge the level of impact from a tv screen. Thankfully people cracked the shits so much we moved away from it.

I am not going to say Dugan faked an injury, but he was fine seconds later and the on-field referee didn't see enough to put Mitchell on report at the time. A penalty was awarded on the day, that should have been the end of it in my opinion.

But others have a different opinion. I get that and I am prepared to live with the decision we have.
    There's no point worrying about what has happened. Play on son, the game is there to be won.

3. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

I get it - I don't think he was hurt. You do.
    Difference of opinion.

I will live with the outcome. Fingers crossed Latrell doesn't do anything daft the next time he plays, such as jumping up to get downward pressure on the player he was tackling. That was really his crime and you're spot on about the unneccessary risk

There were two other players there. Dugan was wrapped up. There was no need for Latrell to do that.

I guess that's why I am disappointed in the outcome and not outraged. Deep down, I know it was stupid.

4. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

Nah I dunno how hurt he was, he said it frightened him a bit being in that situation, but my point was any injury he did or didn't get doesn't come into it.

I want the best players playing the best games mate so I'm not really cheering his suspension, does f**kall for my team now too.

5. Albert Rosenfeld

Albert Rosenfeld Bench

Hopefully the Roosters will beat Souths even without having Latrell playing, and then it will be "Hello Latrell" for the Grand Final, when once again Latrell owns the bitch Chambers.

6. Spot On

Spot On Coach

Alby getting all meow with bitchy Chambers.

Lol.

7. Lambretta

Lambretta First Grade

Why are you automatically assuming we will play Souths?
    Don't get me wrong, I would love for Latrell to feature in a Grand Final, but don't write Saints off

8. Albert Rosenfeld

Albert Rosenfeld Bench

Saints cannot win without their star British five eighth, Gareth Widdop. The lad from Halifax, England, who came through the Melbourne Storm juniors system, is too important for the St. George-Illawarra team to be without him. They will be rudderless. Souths will beat Saints comfortably. It will then be a grinding battle of the forwards between the Roosters and the Rabbitohs.

9. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

Catch ya, Will

Tommy Smith, jargan83 and Fire like this.
  10. t-ba

t-ba Immortal

[​IMG]

Mitchell: Will, introduce yourself

Bronco18, Tommy Smith and jargan83 like this.
  11. jargan83

jargan83 Coach

Will Chambers will be having nightmares about Latrell Mitchell throughout the off season.

Tommy Smith, Life's Good and Lyoto like this.
  12. Spot On

Spot On Coach

Chambers is absolute puss. Has had a shocking year.

13. Last Week

Last Week Bench

14. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Referee

15. roostersrule2

roostersrule2 Bench

Godtrell has ruined chamberpot.

Now whenever chamberpot is remembered it will literally be for his continuous shit house performances against the great Godtrell.

Haffa, jargan83 and Tommy Smith like this.
  16. The_Shield

The_Shield Juniors

People overrating Latrells perform, what a surprise. He did two things the whole game, 1- he stepped Chambers to score an easy try & 2- he took Chambers into touch after Chambers received a shit pass from Croft that turned him around and left him with no chance. Other then those two moments Latrell did absolutely nothing. Now granted Chambers didn’t play well but people are way overrating the game Latrell had, I mean come on, did he even touch the ball other then when he scored the try?

17. Valheru

Valheru First Grade

Lol latrelly smashed him... again

18. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 First Grade

Chambers was beaten before he walked on the field. Clearly intimidated by Mitchell and it showed.

Package it how you want Shield but the truth hurts....

jargan83 likes this.
  19. Bowzy

Bowzy Juniors

Chambers is a true beta, you can just tell by the look on his face that he is dead scared of alpha Latrell.

20. The_Shield

The_Shield Juniors

Mitchell - 59 metres - 10 post contact metres - 4 tackle breaks - 1 offload - 11 tackles

Chambers - 105 metres - 29 post contact metres - 3 tackle breaks - 1 offload - 16 tackles

Yeah Will must be terrified. Now I know that Chambers ain’t gunna get any respect from anyone here but you people gotta stop kissing Latrells arse like he’s the second coming of Jesus or something.