What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Mckinnon, O'Dwyer, Delaney, J Smith, Peterson, Morrison, Widders and Morris!

pk76

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
You're all so brave putting sh*t on them now that the season's over.

Morrison will be the club's biggest loss since Ian Hindy and Bobcat left.

I totally agree. I would even go further and say that Hindmarsh's performance this year was greatly aided by Morrison.

I will miss Deano.

Morris was not as bad many people are saying.

desidirata

Juniors
I was under the impression that this thread was starting to congratulate and thank our leaving players. Why turn it into another thread to bag them out? Isn't there enough already? Jeez!

lucablight

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
All of the boys leaving busted their arses for this Club. Some of them played better than others, but they all tried hard. Not one of them deserves to be bagged by internet jockeys who would last 5 minutes at most in an NRL game.

I appreciate their efforts for the Club and wish them all the best next year.

Who would I have kept? Doesn't matter, I don't make the decisions, lol.

Do you ever bag movies because you wouldn't be able to direct one as good as any other director. Do you ever bag music because you wouldn't be able to sing as well as any other sing? I'm not saying it's a good thing to bag players for no reason but to put your head in a sand when someone plays crap is another thing all together.

PIG

Juniors
I'm a better 5/8th than John Morris.

I woulda hit Tim Smith on the chest with that 10metre pass instead of ballooning one out in front of everyone. Talk about choke. No wonder Brian Smith loved him.

He makes Finch look like an immortal- and i'd be happy to tell him that to his face.

lucablight said:
Do you ever bag movies because you wouldn't be able to direct one as good as any other director. Do you ever bag music because you wouldn't be able to sing as well as any other sing? I'm not saying it's a good thing to bag players for no reason but to put your head in a sand when someone plays crap is another thing all together.

Oh I'm quite often critical, but there is a difference in being critical and the crap that has been posted on this forum over the last couple of days. Pointing out where we went wrong is fine, the absolute hackings that players have been getting are not.

People like jayjay are pathetic humans who will never contribute anything to this Club, let alone society, especially when compared to what guys like John Morris have done. Morriss busted his arse for this Club, was a part of many memorable victories and he doesn't deserve the crap he has copped since Sunday afternoon.

The fact is, a lot of people on this forum are little wankers. Petulant little children who cry when the world isn't handed to them on a silver platter.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
Oh I'm quite often critical, but there is a difference in being critical and the crap that has been posted on this forum over the last couple of days. Pointing out where we went wrong is fine, the absolute hackings that players have been getting are not.

People like jayjay are pathetic humans who will never contribute anything to this Club, let alone society, especially when compared to what guys like John Morris have done. Morriss busted his arse for this Club, was a part of many memorable victories and he doesn't deserve the crap he has copped since Sunday afternoon.

The fact is, a lot of people on this forum are little wankers. Petulant little children who cry when the world isn't handed to them on a silver platter.

:roll: :roll:
You absolutely astound me HJ, you wanker.

Morris is spelt with one s. :lol:

Suity

jayman

Juniors
i agree.. morris doesnt deserve the crap some people are leveling at him..

2005 was a great year for him.. he and tim smith were an awesome halves combination and theres a reason why wests want to play 7...

my fav morris moment was against the warriors away...left foot bananna to ben smith that was absolute magic.. and daley on fox on the wrap up was saying it was a fluke...

hes got talent.. sorry to see him go.. but hopefully finch will be even better..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Morris is crap bahahaha

* awaits Jeez and Flatch to hold me down, while HJ lays into my buffed body*

Avenger

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:

Dykes had a go too, yet you bagged him to his face in front of his family after the Tigers game in 2004.

I maintain that you are a wanker with double standards.

Avenger said:
Dykes had a go too, yet you bagged him to his face in front of his family after the Tigers game in 2004.

I maintain that you are a wanker with double standards.

If you knew anything about the situation you would know it had nothing to do with his on field stuff.

Funny thing is, I actually spoke to him about it at the Newie game and explained this, and he understood exactly where I was coming from. Didn't necessarily agree with me, but he understood why I did it.

But that's ok, I mean you only knew about it from the internet and we know how the internet is such a reliable source of information....

Parra Guru

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
If you knew anything about the situation you would know it had nothing to do with his on field stuff.

Funny thing is, I actually spoke to him about it at the Newie game and explained this, and he understood exactly where I was coming from. Didn't necessarily agree with me, but he understood why I did it.

But that's ok, I mean you only knew about it from the internet and we know how the internet is such a reliable source of information....

So people bag players out on the internet.... and you bag people out on the internet, you're just as much of a keyboard cowboy as anyone tbh.

Fathead

Bench
bartman said:
Part of the modern game is the movement of players around a system to both earn themselves better money or a better shot at game time, and for the clubs to adjust their combinations and skill sets in their playing pool, not to mention salary cap. So I take a fairly balanced view of players leaving and staying and know these decisions happen for reasons oustide our control.

Given that, I'm happy for Wade to have a go somewhere else, and for Parra to be able to try some different options there (Burt, Hayne?, Reddy?). Wade's a good player who has served the Eels well, but you can't keep every good player on your books not giving them 50-80 mins of First Grade most weeks. Widders has been tremendous in his time at Parra, but the coaching change seemed like a chance for him to look for a different challenge somewhere else, playing starting team perhaps at Souths, best of luck Deano.

Same for O'Dwyer, came into his own second half of this season, but when he signed with GC most people wouldn't have really cared. Good luck to him, he'll be a good player and has served the Eels well when called upon. Jeremy Smith will get much more opportunity at Souths, as he only got a go this year due to injury. He's proved himself and been part of the brilliant resurgence, and will be keen to develop himself further, best of luck.

Would any of them make top 18 next season? Barring injury probably only Deano, with Wade too but at the expense of another player because you can't carry outside backs on the bench too often. All handy guys to have around though, but you can't keep everyone, or deny them the chance to try for other/better things.

From the "piss off" list, again I think these guys are all handy to have about and have served us well. They wouldn't have been used in first grade had there been alternate options available, so bagging them out to me doesn't serve any purpose. If we feel we should have had better players available in their positions, to me that comes down to hoping the club develops its own or purchases depth in those positions for the future, rather than bagging the guys that are asked to step in and do their best.

Morro, a guy on the cusp of rep duty but never quite made it. Solid, and would never have been out selected of the top 13 in his entire stay. Served us well, wanted to crack rep scene by playing closer to Sydney, didn't happen, best of luck in Bradford. Delaney, again when he signed for GC people thought it wasn't great loss. He didn't "come on" or seem to developp this season, he may do so under a different set-up. Filled a spot when asked for the Eels and handy to have around given the (lack of) remaining options, and best of luck to him at GC but we can't keep everyone....

Petersen was in the handy to have category already this season, having only just managed a contract to keep him in action before transferring to GC. Were it not for Jaryd Hayne's development, and John Williams recovering from his injuries to be an option, then we might have seen a lot more of Petersen in first this season. Has served Parra well over the years, no need to keep everyone when they have greener pastures, best of luck to him.

Which brings me to the occasionally maligned John Morris, the eternal utility man. Makeshift winger at Newcastle, hooker with us, half/five-eighth when we had few other options in that role in recent seasons. Has talents, but is probably not the guy you want as your main go to man. But he had to do a job, and he did it to the best of ability - not his fault we were weak in depth in the halves. Have to remember he went well outside Witt in a late season comeback when Dykes hadn't done the job, and again in this season's resurgence outside Jeremy for lots of wins in a row. Has served the Eels well, and good luck to him in finding a set role and combination at Wests, but given the purchases and young players coming through, like with Wade I can understand the decision not to retain him.

So pretty neutral to everyone leaving or staying, but excited about how things might turn out with next season's squad, and wishing all ex-Eels best of luck and thansk for their efforts!

Good post Bartman. I enjoyed reading it.

Parra Guru said:
So people bag players out on the internet.... and you bag people out on the internet, you're just as much of a keyboard cowboy as anyone tbh.

um, read Avenger's post again........

Parra Guru

Coach
No need. It is an observation. I read a lot of your posts and a lot of it is pretty much you firing shots at other people. I'm just saying, people are always going to say stuff about footy players, it's life, but you're no better than anyone else here because you are just as bad. The difference is you obviously see the players as being superior, but you see posters in here as being equal or below you, so you choose to put sh*t on them instead. There's no difference.

Basically, I also think it's a bit stupid putting sh*t on them considering they have all played their last game for us, and can't improve from their last performance, but we are all here to put our opinions ON THE INTERNET, including you, so I think statements like this one....
are a bit hypocritical.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jesus, have you ever put sh*t on anyone?, that's including opposition players.......I believe you have, so why is that different from Parramatta players, after all, they're all Rugby league players, and sooner or later will be an opposition player.

not even close

the only time i put sh*t on people is when a) i'm mucking around and b) people deserve it for being wankers.

it's pretty simple - no one that has hacked on players on this forum would do it to their faces. criticism is fine, but some of the stuff from the last week has been ridiculous. faced with morris, burt etc people would smile, ask for an autograph and then come back here to bitch about them straight away.

the internet is tailor made for cowardly keyboard jockeys to be hard bastards and talk crap because they are in the comfort of their homes. as a post in this thread has already stated, i have no problem saying what i feel to people's faces so i definately don't fit into the same category.

sorry, PG, but if you wanna be a keyboard jockey that's fine. it just means you are a loser and you should get a life. if you want to defend internet heroes it shows how far you still have to come as a human being.

deal with it.

oh, and i don't see players as being superior. i see them as just being people. as a matter of fact there are plenty of people who deserve a lot more praise than they do - i mean they only play football after all and get paid ridiculous amounts of money for it.

but like i said, have the balls to say it to their faces instead of from behind a computer screen......i've seen plenty of mouthing here but never seen anyone have th eballs to do it to their faces. do you actually think jayjay would have the balls to repeat what he says here in front of one of the team? roflmao - not a chance in hell that will ever happen.

Parra Guru

Coach
It's OK if you want to put labels on people in here, if that makes you feel better.

I don't make a habit of calling people 'little wankers' just because they make a comment about some guy I idolise. I just find it funny that you take your insecurities out on people in here and whenever someone has a dig back, they're the 'keyboard cowboy'.

Nice one.

Latest posts