What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Mckinnon, O'Dwyer, Delaney, J Smith, Peterson, Morrison, Widders and Morris!

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
The only 2 players i would have liked to see us hold onto are widders and odwyer. The rest had to go and imo we will be better for it in the long run.

Redback71

First Grade
i would have kept morrison, j. smith, widders and o'dwyer

and also morris but not as a 5/8th i believe he could make a great hooker

Redback71

First Grade
i have we signed anyone else apart from
finch
lowrie
hindmarsh
cause if we get injuries next year where stuffed

Parra Guru

Coach
You're all so brave putting sh*t on them now that the season's over.

Morrison will be the club's biggest loss since Ian Hindy and Bobcat left.

True EEL

Bench
jayjayselmes said:
problem is hagan forgot T Smth, Cayleess, Vella, burt ETC

gee your an idiot sometimes.....

sorry to you Jay Jay and to the Mods for this personal "attack", but to put it simply this statement assures me that you are an idiot......

yy_cheng

Coach
KEEP
====
Mckinnon - Has done alot for Parra on the field. Great Player for mine but we have enough cover for his loss.

O'Dwyer - Too much of a utility to really settle on one position. Easily covered.

J Smith - I would prefer a youngster given the opportunities than have Jeremy.

Widders - My favourite player in the last few years. (Hindy I have great respect for but I like what Widders used to be able to do.) Has included more in his arsenal under JT but I think he really needs to keep check of his weight. He bloated towards the end and it did not help him. Last year when he was in his prime, I just laughed with joy when he broke through and beat outside backs to the try line. I'm so glad he got a big pay rise at souths and hopes he cracks a rep spot for Aussie off the bench.

If Mateo steps up, we should be covered.

Delaney - Showed some signs of talent after his latest comeback. A bit more toe. However, he is not light enough on his feet (ala Tonga/TIT) and he does not know how to use his size and strength. Learn to fend boy and learn how to use your body for power ala Grothe. Not a fave of mine but good luck to you.

Petersen - Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Morrison - I never ever liked the pack of Wagon/Chad/Morro. Too similar style of players for my liking although they did great during our golden streak. Since he was on biggish money, I am ok for him to leave.

Morris - If we did not have PJ, Morris would be my hooker. There was just no more room for him. He gave heaps to Parra and was plugged in at 5/8th. I don't like him at 5/8th but don't mind him at hooker. Great defender and trier. It's just that he is not a natural 5/8th. I feel the way about him like the way I feel about Wagon. I love Wagon in the backrow but not at 5/8th. He was asked to do a job in an unknown position, and he always gave it his best.

pazzaeel

Juniors
widders has not done a thing all year. he was pathetic yesterday. bombed a try by not passing back inside to hayne. i dont think he passed all day.

have fun at souths.

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
widders has not done a thing all year. he was pathetic yesterday. bombed a try by not passing back inside to hayne. i dont think he passed all day.

have fun at souths.

he did pass, Hayne dropped it.

matteels

Juniors
widders will be the biggest loss...but from what iv heard..mateo should be able 2 take over from him nicely...thanks 4 everything guys...good bye and good luck for the future 2 all of them

All of the boys leaving busted their arses for this Club. Some of them played better than others, but they all tried hard. Not one of them deserves to be bagged by internet jockeys who would last 5 minutes at most in an NRL game.

I appreciate their efforts for the Club and wish them all the best next year.

Who would I have kept? Doesn't matter, I don't make the decisions, lol.

Avenger

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
All of the boys leaving busted their arses for this Club. Some of them played better than others, but they all tried hard. Not one of them deserves to be bagged by internet jockeys who would last 5 minutes at most in an NRL game.

I appreciate their efforts for the Club and wish them all the best next year.

Who would I have kept? Doesn't matter, I don't make the decisions, lol.

As opposed to your massive 10minutes.

You can be such a wanker at times HJ.

So much for the bird sh*t. It got you because you have a massive head. :p

No I just think it's easy to throw stones from behind a computer. I generally don't bag players out because I realise they do a hell of a lot better than I ever would. Even the worst NRL player plays better than I do, and better than anyone else on this forum ever could.

Like I said, it's easy to throw stones from the safety of your own home. How many of these people do you think would rip into Tim Smith or John Morris to their faces? Zero? They'd probably all be lining up to get their signatures and drooling over the moment.

Avenger

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
No I just think it's easy to throw stones from behind a computer. I generally don't bag players out because I realise they do a hell of a lot better than I ever would. Even the worst NRL player plays better than I do, and better than anyone else on this forum ever could.

Like I said, it's easy to throw stones from the safety of your own home. How many of these people do you think would rip into Tim Smith or John Morris to their faces? Zero? They'd probably all be lining up to get their signatures and drooling over the moment.

I only drool at women.

dazeely

First Grade
thanks for the memories and all your service to the blue and gold.

some gave more than others but all busted their balls for the cause and made themselves and me proud of the jersey.

good luck on your journeys.

PS pls don't forget that scum bag Judas and what he did to our club and therefore give him what he deserves. JUSTICE will prevail !!!!!!

eels_fan_01

Bench
The only person who i would have loved to seen them keep is Morrison, i dont think you can put him down after he did those two penalties, hes been a great player for the club and should have played origin.

I would have said Widders before this year but everyone knows what hes gonna do now, step and dummy and he has been average this year. Morris i hate you for that pass you choking f*g. Delaney average.

Latest posts