What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Mckinnon, O'Dwyer, Delaney, J Smith, Peterson, Morrison, Widders and Morris!

pk76

Juniors
Parra Guru said:
It's OK if you want to put labels on people in here, if that makes you feel better.

I don't make a habit of calling people 'little wankers' just because they make a comment about some guy I idolise. I just find it funny that you take your insecurities out on people in here and whenever someone has a dig back, they're the 'keyboard cowboy'.

Nice one.

Checkmate!

But you have to realise that it's fun.

If you've read any of my posts you'd know pretty much everything I do here is just for a bit of fun, rarely to be taken seriously (unless I'm discussing something with the likes of fishy and Suity) and I put people down with my tongue in my cheek.

Most of the time. People like jayjay deserve it. How's that sandwhich coming, jayjay?

And for the billionth time, the last thing I do is idolise them. I idolise guys like John Glenn, not a guy who plays football. I simply appreciate their efforts and stand up for them when nobodies behind keyboards take the easy way out and complain when they couldn't have done any better.

Once again, like I've already said, anyone of these jockeys who had the balls to say it to the players' faces wouldn't cop any flak from me. But guess what.........

lucablight

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:

If you've read any of my posts you'd know pretty much everything I do here is just for a bit of fun, rarely to be taken seriously (unless I'm discussing something with the likes of fishy and Suity) and I put people down with my tongue in my cheek.

Most of the time. People like jayjay deserve it. How's that sandwhich coming, jayjay?

And for the billionth time, the last thing I do is idolise them. I idolise guys like John Glenn, not a guy who plays football. I simply appreciate their efforts and stand up for them when nobodies behind keyboards take the easy way out and complain when they couldn't have done any better.

Once again, like I've already said, anyone of these jockeys who had the balls to say it to the players' faces wouldn't cop any flak from me. But guess what.........

What's the relevance of "they couldn't have done any better"? That argument is so flawed it's not funny.

Parra Guru

Coach
Yeah most of the player criticism is fairly ridiculous since the bandwagon started about 6 weeks ago... I have no problem with people saying stuff about form, as long as it's warranted. Guys like Delaney have copped UNFAIR criticism in the last few weeks from these people because they're fringe first graders and they're losing, where as I more look at guys like Moimoi who actually really dropped us in the sh*t for no reason. But people are too afraid to say anything about him because he's the flavour of the month. He's part of the reason guys like Delaney have HAD to come into first grade. They can only do their best to fill in, and I think Delaney's had a strong last 2-3 games anyway.

That's pretty much it.

Criticism is fine.

"Gee, that pass from the scrum pretty much blew a great chance from us."

as compared to

"f**k Tim Smith (later changed to Morris when it was actually pointed out who really threw it) I f**king hate the merkin he can f**k off he is a f**kwit and should be sacked!" etc etc

fish eel

Immortal
People's blood pressure and general health would be much, much better if they took this place for what it is, an internet forum full of people of different ages and maturities...and didn't take what was said to heart.

On the whole bagging of player issue, I pay good money to see them play, if I think someone's not putting in or playing poorly, I'm entitled to say so.

In saying that however, some of the stuff that gets written on here about certain players is just plain silly, and is the very reason why people shouldnt take this fourm, or what gets written on it, to heart.

Sometimes it's best just to let things go...or have a laugh about it.

strider

Post Whore
forums r just conversations on the internet - like in all conversations, some stuff might get under your skin and provoke some reaction .... footy is something ppl have a keen interest in, so inevitably sh*t will be said/written back at ppl who write rubbish :lol:

but yes I agree its best to just ignore it as much as you can

Utey

Coach
Avenger said:
Dykes had a go too, yet you bagged him to his face in front of his family after the Tigers game in 2004.

I maintain that you are a wanker with double standards.

Woah what happened there?

Thanks to all the guys that put on their jerseys and had a go! All the best fellas.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:

If you've read any of my posts you'd know pretty much everything I do here is just for a bit of fun, rarely to be taken seriously (unless I'm discussing something with the likes of fishy and Suity)

In which case, WE don't take you seriously. ;-)

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
In which case, WE don't take you seriously. ;-)

Suity

we've never taken him seriously, especially when you read his stance on Politics and social issues..:lol:

And that's the way it should be.

This forum should be fun more than anything else, and that's the way I always take it. I love being a wanker on here and love having digs at hippies like eela, fishy and Suity. It's classic!

fish eel said:
On the whole bagging of player issue, I pay good money to see them play, if I think someone's not putting in or playing poorly, I'm entitled to say so.

In saying that however, some of the stuff that gets written on here about certain players is just plain silly, and is the very reason why people shouldnt take this fourm, or what gets written on it, to heart.

That pretty much sums it up right there.

fish eel

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:

This forum should be fun more than anything else, and that's the way I always take it. I love being a wanker on here and love having digs at hippies like eela, fishy and Suity. It's classic!

You're the only one around here with hippy like hair!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:

one of these days..you too can look like Keith Richard, than you won't be bagging hippies :D

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
one of these days..you too can look like Keith Richard, than you won't be bagging hippies :D

Hold on.

He is also the one who wears a dress to the football.

Long hair...wears a dress...and calls us hippies!!!!

From the Official Forums:

thankyou3.jpg

fish eel said:
You're the only one around here with hippy like hair!!!

1) What does hair have to do with being a hippy? Then again, having read the stuff on this forum it's not surprising people are making calls based purely on looks.....

2) You forgot the hyphen between hippy and like. It's hippy-like hair not hippy like hair.

Some people....

fish eel

Immortal
I haven't seen to many hippies with a short, back and sides haircut.

If it looks like a hippy...dresses like a hippy....;-)