What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Michael Ennis.

perverse

Referee
yep. i was totally wrong about Ennis... time to give Farah another crack. hand is well and truly up. i've called this one way wrong.

i don't think Ennis cost NSW the game necessarily... Snowden and Gallen missed the tackle for the Slater try... a tackle that they both could have made. QLD were just too good, too much class. NSW do have a base to build on now, though. the selectors need to take the right things away from that match and build on the positives that were definitely out there tonight.

The problem isn't Ennis vs Farah. Both have been woeful at Origin level. Smith is a pile of sh*t too, but we just haven't had anything useful at all. Before the Tigers fans winge, I said Farah has been sh*t at Origin level. Individually he's clearly better than Ennis

adamkungl

Immortal
We really are struggling for a good 9. Farah's pretty good but as an origin player isn't fit to tie Buderus' or even Wing's bootlaces

Gidley has provided more in Origin at hooker than both Farah and Ennis. Smith is a pile of poo for Queensland, but they have Thurston, Lockyer and Slater, so they can get away with it. We lack these quality players, so we can't.

Grishnakh

Juniors
Go back to Origin 1 last year - Farah was one of our best. Then he played in Origin 2 with busted ribs (when some people were doubting his toughness, so what choice did he have?), had a bad game by his (very high) standards, but that's when the Ennis Myth suddenly went into top gear and the idiot selectors allowed themselves to get seduced by it. Even with buggered ribs Farah was second top in the tackle count - clearly not tough enough. That was the sort of gutsy performance the selectors should have rewarded with another shot when the series was already gone. Might have been a different story this year with a genuine leader playing confidently around the ruck (like he generally does for the Tigers).

Ennis did nothing in Origin 3 last year except throw the ball to Kimmorley. He's done nothing since except grubber for one point blank try and make a total cat of himself.

Johns Magic

Referee
He made Kurt Gidley look like a million dollar note.

I can't see him ever getting picked again...whether or not Farah is the answer I'm not gonna speculate, but Ennis sure as hell isn't.

Vic Mackey

Referee
'in Michael ennis nsw have a player they can build their team around for the next 10 years' - Andrew Johns

'i can see Michael Ennis being nsw's next captain' - Laurie Daley

seriously farah got roasted on here (and rightly so) for his performance in game 2 last year. Ennis's game tonight was 10 times worse. Where this 'made for origin' crap has come from I will never guess.

Gidley was actually great from hooker tonight and if he got the 9 next year I couldn't complain. This isn't a farah v ennis thread, this is a ennis is a complete genius thread.

Grishnakh and Moffo just won this thread for sheer stupidity. Neither can admit how sh*thouse their players were. Moffo... Ennis doesn't provide niggle and doesn't affect QLD with his grubby play. Snowden will support this argument.

perverse

Referee
This isn't a farah v ennis thread, this is a ennis is a complete genius thread.
yeah i think this is fair too. i generally say give Farah another crack, because who else? Gidley was undoubtedly fantastic tonight, but honestly i think off the bench is his role, even if he plays more minutes than the starting hooker. he is best against the tired blokes, but have him on for the full 80 against the fresh blokes and he just gets in the way more often than not... he tries to do too much and overplays his hand when he's a starter. fitness wise he could do a full 80 at hooker standing on his head, though.

either way, Gidley answered his critics loud and clear tonight. i feel really happy for the bloke as far as his individual game goes... but you could tell after the match it still meant stuff all to him.

Grishnakh

Juniors
I'm seriously not kidding when I say not only is Ennis well behind Farah in the NSW hooker stakes...he wouldn't even make 3 or 4! I'd definitely pick Gidley, Priddis, De Gois, Tongue, and the little bloke who plays for Rooty Hill under 7s before that cat Ennis.

either way, Gidley answered his critics loud and clear tonight. i feel really happy for the bloke as far as his individual game goes... but you could tell after the match it still meant stuff all to him.

BOOOOOOOOOORING!!!! His first good game in how many at Origin level? And wasn't even a stand-out, more like "competed" at this level. And that justifies his selection, along with him being sad because they lost? bullsh*t!

Grishnakh

Juniors
Would Priddis or Tongue have thrown cheap shots at a bloke on the ground (in front of their posts with a game to win) and then scampered away when the bloke gets to his feet?

I don't think so. For all the Bulldogs fans trying to sound impartial about Ennis, watch that again and ask yourselves: does he make you proud?

Grishnakh... please tell us what Priddis and Tongue provide at Origin level, rather than what f**k-ups they wouldn't be involved with.

Moffo,... exactly! Hence why Ennis shouldn't be involved.

perverse

Referee
BOOOOOOOOOORING!!!! His first good game in how many at Origin level? And wasn't even a stand-out, more like "competed" at this level. And that justifies his selection, along with him being sad because they lost? bullsh*t!
it would have been between him and Bird for man of the match had NSW jagged the win. no question about it at all. he didn't just compete, he was very very good tonight.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hopefully one of these days one of Eniis' teammates will turn around and belt him. Surely he must even get on their nerves.

I'd be very interested to see other people's opinions on this. Even if it's true, we'd be far better off having Mason or another forward off the bench

hybrid_tiger

Coach
you guys are jokes...origin is for tough men, not c**k lovers

Another reason why Ennis should never be picked again.

The foreheadless spastic has been an utter myth since day one, and anyone who knows anything about the game could have told you the same. Not even in the top five hookers in the comp stats wise, a cheap shot merchant who gives away penalties, hides whenever there is a fight and generally does f**k all except stand there and throw sh*t passes from dummy half, kick straight down the fullbacks throat, or over the dead ball line and miss easy tackles despite having half the work load of most hookers in the comp.

Ennis is a f**king utter fraud, the only reason he was picked in the first place is because he sucks off all the hack Telegraph journos, calls them by their first names in press conferences etc.

Latest posts