What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2008 JBC

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
coachz said:
i think players are still going to leave because they have signed elsewhere already because of the turmoil. picking a new coach from left field was a strange choice from the board. i wonder how that will sit with the players. i think most were rooting for eddie flahey
I heard Eddie was not going to be around next year allso ? and was told that only 2 of the players that wern't happy had signed else where , have more definatley gone to other clubs besides Scott Jones & Chris Yates ?

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
coachz said:
2008 coach is len stacker. an old parramatta player im told. strange decision made from the board, not sure about this blokes experience or what he will bring to cabramatta
gee len stacker is pretty old, from memory i think he played back in the 60's. he would have to be in his late 60's himself. I think he coached penrith first grade over 20 years ago??? Not sure what he has been up to lately.

Nfed

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
gee len stacker is pretty old, from memory i think he played back in the 60's. he would have to be in his late 60's himself. I think he coached penrith first grade over 20 years ago??? Not sure what he has been up to lately.

Len Stacker played 1st grade for Parra in 1966 and 1967 and later played in the Brisbane Comp. He was coach of Parra's reserve grade premiership winners in 1977, caoched at Penrith 79-81, went to Wests in 1983 and returned to the lower grades at Penrith in 1989. i am pretty sure he had one year with St Marys Metro in the 1990's.

Nfed

Juniors
one_eyed_demon said:
last i heard freeman was involved again with Hills District in the parra comp.

/quote]

Freeman coached Hills in 2004 and the following year he coached Norths Premier League and he took 7 players from the Parra A Grade comp to Norths:

Billy Ngawini, Brendan Solomon, Richard Retimana and Scott Webb (Asquith), Steve Hales and Chris Weaver (Cabra) and Rhian Gerard (Hills). Another player from that Asquith side, Tony Parmatangi, played for Easts, Parra and Canberra in Premier League over the next 3 seasons.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Len Stacker has strong ties with the Emu Plains club in Penrith district.
Helped coach a good side whos ages would be 20 now.
Most of the better ones with U/20 NRL teams now though.
Chevy Penehoe , Jamie Theohaurus are 2 that come to mine.
Maybe he will drag a few Emu boys with him.

one_eyed_demon

Juniors
Nfed said:
one_eyed_demon said:
last i heard freeman was involved again with Hills District in the parra comp.

/quote]

Freeman coached Hills in 2004 and the following year he coached Norths Premier League and he took 7 players from the Parra A Grade comp to Norths:

Billy Ngawini, Brendan Solomon, Richard Retimana and Scott Webb (Asquith), Steve Hales and Chris Weaver (Cabra) and Rhian Gerard (Hills). Another player from that Asquith side played for Easts, Parra and Canberra in Premier League over the next 3 seasons.
yeah i remember him at hills, apparently he is back there again next year, not sure to what capacity though

Nfed

Juniors
Joel latham, a young Cabra player who was named on a large JBC bench (I dont think he played) a few times in 2007, has been named in the Parra u/20 squad for 2008.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
from memory i think he ran on for a few mins in a couple of games he also played for the NSWCHS Open side in 07

Nfed

Juniors
The Wrong Eye said:
Len Stacker has strong ties with the Emu Plains club in Penrith district.
Helped coach a good side whos ages would be 20 now.
Most of the better ones with U/20 NRL teams now though.
Chevy Penehoe , Jamie Theohaurus are 2 that come to mine.
Maybe he will drag a few Emu boys with him.

He will know centre Dave Moore then. He is a Emu junior isnt he but went and played for Norths, then Erina before going to Cabra this year.

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
Met len tonight , there is a meeting on thursday ,should be more info by then ,it looks like i wont have to change my avatar ...yatesie is staying ,or so I'm told

coachz

Juniors
bowie has taken a position as assistant coach at syd bulls aswell as bringing back tippet and tatchki to the bulls.
shows something to me about the loyalty he had with the club and the support for his bulls players

Cabra2Blues

Juniors
Willie Brown has retired ,He says he is starting to feel the effects of many years of football and he wants enjoy being a father a bit more than he's been able to.
I'm glad to see the mass walk out was nipped in the bud & we have retained the Bulk of the side .

100yearsRL

Juniors
Corey Ruttle has been appointed assistant coach of cabra. He has a tremendous track record with his previous junior teams and is well respected by the players.

Nfed

Juniors
So Cabra have now lost Tippett, Takchi, Thompson, Willie Brown and Aiga (Branighan played 2 games only).

I suspect that Casey Ellis will be coming back now that St George have dropped out of P/L but has anyone heard of any new signings.

LimeTime

Juniors
100yearsRL said:
Corey Ruttle has been appointed assistant coach of cabra. He has a tremendous track record with his previous junior teams and is well respected by the players.
Congratulations to Corey ,He's a fantastic coach And I'm sure will do well in 08.

LimeTime

Juniors
From the cabra website:

2008 SIGNINGS

In great news for the football club, Football President Paul Metcalfe, Jim Beam Cup Coach Len Stacker and Assistant Coach Corey Ruttle appear to have almost finalised their squad for the 2008 season.

Of the signings for the upcoming season, the two-blues have retained captain Chris Yates, star forwards Keith Heckenberg, Scott Jones & Brett Rimmer, as well as talented backs Samual Aiga, Michael Burns and several high profile new signings such as Luke Carr and Casey Ellis.

Pre season training has commenced and the Club looks to be in a healthy predicament.

LimeTime

Juniors
this isn't JBC related ,but its a fantastic rap for the Club and for Glenn Hammilton.
THE Parramatta Eels are renowned for producing some of rugby league's most exceptional talent, none more so than former Cabramatta duo Jarryd Hayne and Krisnan Inu.
Hayne, 19, burst on to the NRL scene midway through the 2006 season, scoring 17 tries from 16 matches.
Despite his rapid rise to fame, Hayne said he owes much to his junior club.
"When you go there they welcome you with open arms," Hayne said.
"It's one of the reasons why a lot of kids go there, and a lot of kids don't leave because they love the environment."
The support Hayne received during his time at Cabramatta wasn't limited to on-field advice. He developing a family bond with players and staff.
"The likes of Glenn Hamilton have helped me a lot through my junior career," he said.
"If there was anything wrong at home, or having trouble financially, he would always talk to me, and he would always be there if I ever wanted to talk about something."
Last season, Hayne witnessed the incredible debut season of Krisnan Inu, earning selection in the New Zealand test team after one NRL match.
The cheeky 20-year-old said his first season in the NRL was the only year he had never played in a grand final.
"I have a lot of good memories playing in grand finals," Inu said.
"We didn't win as many [with Cabramatta] as we should've, but it's always good to play in one."
From the Fairfield Advance

2BLUES

Juniors
LimeTime said:
From the cabra website:

2008 SIGNINGS

In great news for the football club, Football President Paul Metcalfe, Jim Beam Cup Coach Len Stacker and Assistant Coach Corey Ruttle appear to have almost finalised their squad for the 2008 season.

Of the signings for the upcoming season, the two-blues have retained captain Chris Yates, star forwards Keith Heckenberg, Scott Jones & Brett Rimmer, as well as talented backs Samual Aiga, Michael Burns and several high profile new signings such as Luke Carr and Casey Ellis.

Pre season training has commenced and the Club looks to be in a healthy predicament.

I havent heard of Francis Betham noted for 2008. A big contributor to Cabramatta metrocup and JB since 2001 and rated one of the best centres in the competitition.
Has he retired or still injured from last year.

2BLUES

Juniors
Francis Betham never returned to Cabra 2008 and has hung his boots.

Francis now 31yrs will be missed in the centres esp Cabra. Francis has decided to concentrate on his boys footy who play for Minchinbury Jets.

Good Luck & hope to see him around the JB games in future.