What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabra 2008 JBC

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
<H2>ROUND 11 TEAM ANNOUNCED

Coach Len Stacker has named a strong line up for Sunday's clash with the Sydney Bulls from 3pm at New Era Stadium.
1. Sammy Agia
2. Fareni Moefaauo
3. James Trotter
4. Alan Burns
5. Francis Vaiotu
6. Aaron Fluke
7. Scott Jones
13. Jonathon Russell
12. Ross Brown
11. Albert Tuara
10. Casey Ellis
9. Brett Rimmer
8. Chris Yates (c)
14. Keith Heckenberg
15. Nathan Russell
16. Si'ikeaha Teaupa
17. Louis Vaiotu
18. Apelu Poto
19. Dean Lamb
24. Richie Parker

From the cabra website
</H2>
Heckenburg..on the Bench.. jono starting at Lock..is that a Tactical ploy.. or is kEITH Carrying an injury.. Because if it is a Tactical Move.. it might Come off.. & ..Work well against the Bulls.. Everytime jonothan Russo plays Cabra go well !!.... i.e. that is Not Taking anything away from Keith... Hoping the boys play with Plenty ..GUSTO & ENTHUSIASM... Come Sunday against the Bulls !!

Last edited:

LimeTime

Juniors
Heckenburg..on the Bench.. jono starting at Lock..is that a Tactical ploy.. or is kEITH Carrying an injury.. Because if it is a Tactical Move.. it might Come off.. & ..Work well against the Bulls.. Everytime jonothan Russo plays Cabra go well !!.... i.e. that is Not Taking anything away from Keith... Hoping the boys play with Plenty ..GUSTO & ENTHUSIASM... Come Sunday against the Bulls !!
Make sure you bring as many 2 blues suporters as you can, the home games against the Bulls are usually rippers, I hope the weather clears a little as the club has a big day planned ,lots of activities for the kids ,fire works display etc

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Man !!..what a Horrible Day..The Weather Held out..But that would Be the only Luck we [ Cabra]..got Today.. The Rugby League Gods must have put a Curse on us !!.. Tag me OR Call me a ..'Soar Loser'.. which i am.. my Day started off at Cabra sports ground.. with the.. [ i'll be kind.. i won't say the F*T WORD ]..Guy with Excess Pounds.. refused to accept my [Disabity] Pension Crd.. & ..said i have to pay full Admission..NOT..[$3].. half Price.. so i paid the FULL Admission.. &.. i thought u get a mag/program... with it...NOTHING ..is what i got !!... & on top of that the.. Referee..Hammered us with an endless Barrage of.. Countless Penalties.. Nothing was going our Way !!... if i only Knew what the.. REFS.. car looked like.. i would have.. Let Out all the Air out of his.. 4Tyres..Grafitti.. a Massive..Slogan on the front & Back Window...saying .. " I am Gay & Love Bulls "... ha ha ha..lol.. Nahh just joking..&.. lettin' some steam out. Anyways We May have lost the Battle..But there still is a war out there to be won come september... HEADS UP BOYS.. &.. SOLDIER ON !!

Last edited:

LimeTime

Juniors
I don't like to criticize refs because we need em ...lol ( just like mouth guards) ...but teams need to learn ,that ALL refs are special creatures ,and if you piss em off the be it at your own peril... Today the ref was pissed off with us ..before the kick off, in saying that the doddgey decisions flowed both ways, and it was obvious that it became ,very frustrateing for both sides

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
NOTE : This POST is For CABRA Spttrs..who can't wait for the CABRA WEBSITE POST:and is only an Individual opionion Post.. for a more Detailed & Accurate Info:.. log on to the Cabra Website... AT WINDSOR SPORT COMPLEX :..We got chew'd up by the wolves..& got spat out.. in the last 10minutes of the match.. our second lost by 8points in a week.. wolves: 36 - cabra: 28.. AARRHH.. Frustrating !!.. Trotter out with Broken Ribs.. [ Does the news get any worse ].. in the Forwards strong game by,.. Casey Ellis who led from the front.. & Ross Brown.. plus.. Si'ikeaha who continues to impress.. &.. In The Backs James Trotter Ran in a.. Hat Trick.. Try Display.. & was Told That The players ..[cabra].. Voted.. Francis Vaiotu as their Players player ...CABRA Tries.. James Trotter 3, Louis Vaiotu, Keith Heckenburg... Aaron Fluke 4/5 Goals .... Sad News for us Cabra spttrs.. But I'm 99% Sure we will win.. The Home Game come saturday week.!.

Last edited:
Maybe the refs need to be treated to some Cabra hospitality and then maybe you might get a fair go.
How are Cabra going in A Grade?
What is the comp like?
I have heard that Mounties A Grade will be playing in the Wests or Penrith comp next year because the competition is not well run!!!!

mono_mal

Juniors
Doubt Mounties will be moving districts unless there is a complete overhaul of the Sydney A-Grade structure as Mounties lies within the Parramatta Junior League district.
This comp is also noticeably stronger than the Wests A-Grade comp which operates with only 1 division and is primarily amateur.
Whilst the Penrith A-Grade comp may be slightly stronger than the Parra comp Parramatta would have to give Mounties a clearance to play in the Penrith comp. Cannot see this happening as it would be to the detriment of their own competition and would signifigantly effect their A1 and 12 competitions.

Interesting, from what I hear Mounties will base their senior league out of their Manly club and therefore will not have to obtain permission from Parra to play in any comp and have already done a deal with Manly for this to happen.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Interesting, from what I hear Mounties will base their senior league out of their Manly club and therefore will not have to obtain permission from Parra to play in any comp and have already done a deal with Manly for this to happen.
...:shock: Hmm.. Interesting News :shock:...

100yearsRL

Juniors
The mounties Jim Beam represents the mounties group not just mt pritchard and therefore there may be some credance to the rumour of playing a-grade somwhere else. At the moment the juniors look after a reserve with senior league being A-Grade and Jim Beam

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Guess it could be true then.
Might try and get to Cabra on the weekend to watch the Blues and Reds. it should be a nice tight game.
.. :crazy:Should be a ''Cracker'':crazy: of a Game.. Congratulations To Josh Mcllvenny.. a Cabra Junior.. who got the call up to The "JBC Squad from " .. A Grade.. it would have put a smile on the parents face :D.. I'm sure the Kid will Do Well.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Cabramatta two blues ..Beat.. Perth Reds cabra: 30 - reds : 22 Both Teams Taking Turns in Taking THe Lead Through Crucial Errors.. But Cabra prevailed in the End.. it was an untidy & scrappy win.. but.. PHEW !!.. it was 2pts we needed Badly.. & Was'nt it.. Great to See quite A Few.. REDS Supptrs.. make the TREK Down.. frm Perth.. All i got to say is "Take a Bow ".. for the Loyal Support they gave to their REDS TEAM !!... & .. Congratulation to the Rookie.. josh mcllvenny who scored a Double on Debut for the two blues.. The only Complaint i want to Take up with the ..CABRA.. Management & Ground officials.. Is Where were the.. CHEERLEADERS..I Paid $6.00 BUCKS to get in..No Halftime.. Razza ma Tazz.. You Simply can't Enjoy a Dayout at the New Era Stadium without the " CHEERGIRLS "... it's Like ordering a pizza with ...Extra Mozzarello Cheese.. & .. getting it delivered with ..cheap.. chedder cheese on the Pizza.. Just Not On Guys.. Somebody get their Act Together !!.. for more Details LOG ON TO THE CABRA LEAGUES WEBSITE............

Last edited:
Great win by Cabra and much needed with the Rhino's also winning and Shellharbour getting beaten it moves them closer to the top four.
Good to see the kid score on debut, not once but twice, what a memory that will be.
Where were the Cheerleaders?
Surely Cabra didn't forget to tell them or maybe they didn't pay them enough?????????
Oh well, I bet the Mounties cheerleaders will not let us down tomorrow.

LimeTime

Juniors
Maybe the refs need to be treated to some Cabra hospitality and then maybe you might get a fair go.
How are Cabra going in A Grade?
What is the comp like?
I have heard that Mounties A Grade will be playing in the Wests or Penrith comp next year because the competition is not well run!!!!
nothing wrong with the cabra hospitality Tezza, just ask the Reds ,and Guildford today ,lotsa smiley happy people .
JB CUP WA Reds 22- CABRA 30

What a great game ...enjoyed every minute of it ,the Reds are a credit to the JB Cup ...& rugby league in general, and geeeze didnt they put the wind up me .... A huge wrap must go to local boy Josh Mcllvenny , who scored 2 trys on his JB cup debut .... he's been a cabra boy since the under 7's
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Last edited:

LimeTime

Juniors
TWO-BLUES OVER POWER REDS

The Cabramatta Two-Blues returned to the winners list and remain in the top 5 after edging out the Western Reds 30-22 in Round 13 of the Jim Beam Cup. In a hard fought match that featured former Roosters NRL Star Luke Phillips in his first game as a Jim Beam Cup Referee, the Two-Blues came from a 16-22 halftime deficet to seal victory with a dominant second half display. The Blues had led 16-6 early in the match but clocked off 12 minutes before halftime, allowing the reds to pile on three tries and lead at the break. With Coach Len Stacker unavailable for health reasons, Assistant Coach Corey Ruttle stepped into the caretaker role and found the right words to motivate his side to victory in his halftime address.
The Two Blues had a number of star players on the day, none better than Man of the Match Brett Rimmer who scored a try and layed on another in undoubtedly his best game of the season. Debutant Josh McIlvenny was named Players Player after scoring two tries and saving another in his first ever Jim Beam Cup match, while Casey Ellis, Keith Heckenberg and Ritchie Parker all had big games for the home side in attack and defence.
The Two Blues are again at home (New Era Stadium) this Sunday June 29th at 3pm against the third placed Shellharbour Marlins in what is shaping as another cracker of a match.
Tries - Josh McIlvenny (2), Louis Vaiotu (2), Scott Jones, Brett Rimmer Goals - Aaron Fluke 3 from 6

source: Cabra website

LimeTime

Juniors
The only Complaint i want to Take up with the ..CABRA.. Management & Ground officials.. Is Where were the.. CHEERLEADERS..I Paid $6.00 BUCKS to get in..No Halftime.. Razza ma Tazz.. You Simply can't Enjoy a Dayout at the New Era Stadium without the " CHEERGIRLS "... it's Like ordering a pizza with ...Extra Mozzarello Cheese.. & .. getting it delivered with ..cheap.. chedder cheese on the Pizza.. Just Not On Guys.. Somebody get their Act Together !!.. for more Details LOG ON TO THE CABRA LEAGUES WEBSITE............
The Cheer leaders ,unfortunately were double booked ,but rest assured mate they will be back this week :D

Latest posts