What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of Duty 4 - thoughts?

Dragon

Coach
All i can say is this game is stunning. Theres some parts in the campaign that had me shaking my head smiling thinking 'holy f**king dogturds batman'

If you havnt picked it up do yourself a favour and go get it!!!!! Awesome single player campaign (albeit too short) and multiplayer that is head and shoulders above and other shooter.....ever.

Would love to talk more about the story but dont want to ruin anything, just wondering if anyone has got it and what do you think. GOTY? Definately a top 3 contender. :crazy:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Before I say this, I'll say I love the game and it's probably the best game this year IMO.

But the online REALLY needs some work on connections. I spent over 2 hours tonight just looking for a game with a decent connection and came up empty, I kept getting put in with bloody yanks and just got smashed because there was a 1 second delay on my shots. I was in the beta and it was the same there, you'd think they would have fixed it by now. But yeah, amazing game. It's how a FPS should be, not this Halo 3 bullsh*t.

Do you happen to know if the gun you start with in the single player level called "The Bog" (the nightvision level) is available in multiplayer? It was great.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay I can't agree more. Songle player the game is fantastic and even multiplayer looks good online BUT it takes ages to get a game. It is a silly silly system. They should have just cpoied Resistence's system. I've played 3 games...2 on my account and one on a mates (which I friggin won) and I lost both because it was me level 1 vs a level 23 , level 17 etc. You really get thrown to the deep end. And I died about 7 or 8 times to a helicopter or some sh*t..WTF is that??

And as forthat gun....yeah I love the two guns you start with in that level...the sniper and the other one. Parradude what's your ID so I can add you and if we're online then we can play together may make it easier.if you just create your own game and not have to wait. Mine is RoyAsotasi if you want to addme.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
i've had alot of success online finding games and etc.

PS - Best game of the year...friggin stuck in the solo camp though, doing it on that hardened difficulty.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Awesome game if you've ever played COD2 it takes all the intensity that makes that great and picks it up another notch. Although I have to say in some parts I have gotten a little frustrated. Online is awesome is well.

Can't say I have had any problems with the amount of time it's taken to find games with good connections though. I'm playing the 360 version though sounds like some of you are playing the PS3 version.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Nah I'm on the 360 too mate, dodgy connections left right and centre. Mind you I haven't had a go tonight, should be plenty of Aussies on about now or a little bit later.

Dragon

Coach
I reckon the lag issues are a mile ahead of the beta. Only time i lag is when i got one red bar, otherwise its pretty good even on yellow. Im dissapointed they didnt include a "prefererred region" filter like in halo 3.

strewth_mate

Bench
Ah good, was hoping the single player would be up to scratch - and since that sounds like an understatement this makes me even happier.

Azkatro

First Grade
Is it on the PC? I just upgraded to an E6750 but for now I only grabbed a cheap and nasty 7300gs, so I'm not sure I could run it.

bulldog

Bench
Yeah it's on PC, not sure how the 7300gs would run it but you can grab the demo and try. Agree with the comments here too, haven't picked up the full game yet, but it's a must have for sure.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Haven't played a COD since the original, my system up untill last week didn't allow me to and I'm not a fan of FPS on console.

Will either buy it once im done with World In Conflict (by the end of the weekend) off either ebay or a shop. How much did you guys pay?

The Devil

Bench
I think most of us have it on console, so PC prices should be a bit cheaper..
Got it on for the 360 for $85

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
strewth_mate said:
Ah good, was hoping the single player would be up to scratch - and since that sounds like an understatement this makes me even happier.

It's very short, but you could play through it a few times and on different difficulties and still enjoy it. But while it lasts, it's probably the best FPS single player I've played. So much going on and so much to do. The final level is bloody brilliant, won't spoil it for anyone but the whole level is so well done it's worth a mention.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Just finished World In Conflict.

COD4 time tomorrow!Saw it in JB for $70-80 today, looks the goods.

I love having 3 weeks off.

ParraDude_Jay said:
It's very short, but you could play through it a few times and on different difficulties and still enjoy it. But while it lasts, it's probably the best FPS single player I've played. So much going on and so much to do. The final level is bloody brilliant, won't spoil it for anyone but the whole level is so well done it's worth a mention.

couldn't of said it better tbh. game of the year imo

CC_Eagle

First Grade
F*cking hell.

**STORYLINE SPOILERS**

Just finished the nuclear blast mission and need a break, this sh*t is intense.

Game of the year, nay, best game ever. The AC-130 TV/Infa-red mission was a laugh, taking groups of dudes out from afar is awesome.

Dragon

Coach
lol tell me about it, that "death from above" mission is one gaming experience i will never forget. I was grinnning like........... something that grins alot......

Latest posts