What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of Duty 4 - thoughts?

salivor

First Grade
Amazing game my only issue was the single player mode wasn't long enough, I got to the credits and throught what the f**k, I thought it would just be the end of the first act.

There's some amazing levels though, I still can't get over the sniper level, I must've played it over 10 times now it's f**king brilliant.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Agreed.

But in saying that, I hope the developers made in short with an expansion pack in mind.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Some anti-terrorist missions like the one at the end of the single player would be great for downloadable content actually. That mission at the end was pretty irrelevant so it could be a hint that they might be doing something like that for DLC.

Dutchy

Immortal
Sniper mission with the Ghilley suits on High Def TV is f**king sexual

That dog that growls f**ked me over like 3 times..before i realised he wont charge me lol..watching Mcmillan run is hilarious

effnic

Bench
Great game. Finished it in one night and now about 3 quarters the way threw on veteran. I will give you guys that havnt played it one tip, when your on the sniper mission and the guy tells you not to shoot the stray dog........DONT f**kING SHOOT THE STRAY DOG.

effnic

Bench
I had to shoot it, i couldnt resist it was just sitting there waiting for a bullet. Dutchy you say 5 but i swear there were closer to 10 when i did it they were everywhere.

Munky

Coach
Brilliant game with awesome atmosphere.

It is a bit to linear which stops it from equalling the best game no one played in Operation Flashpoint.

In COD4 you see a tractor in the mission after your helicopter got shot down but couldn't do anything. In Operation Flashpoint in a similar mission I jumped in the tractor and drove to safey.

Dragooner

Bench
effnic said:
I had to shoot it, i couldnt resist it was just sitting there waiting for a bullet. Dutchy you say 5 but i swear there were closer to 10 when i did it they were everywhere.

I swear I counted like 20. I couldn't help it either. It's there and you just, you just HAVE to!

legend

Coach
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to join online games, sometimes waiting up to 45 minutes to join and even then there are server issues and I usually get disconnected.

Is there another way to join online games apart from the crappy in game lobby/browser?

Munky

Coach
XBox Live is having problems and they reckon it'll be another 48hrs until it's fixed.

Dunno if you have the PS3 version.

legend

Coach
I have the PS3 version but at the moment, trying to join a game sucks. In fact, the whole online experience with COD4 sucks arse at the moment.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Legend I have a PS3 and I don't have many probs...afternoon to night it's easy to get an aussie server. I find it easir to find games when you are in a party with a couple of people though. Ooohhh I love my claymores and martyrdoms....I HATE dying like that but I find it so funny when an enemy dies from this because you just know they are sitting there cursing at the game!!!! LOL!

Dragooner

Bench
Try join games with Aussies mate. Joining US games online sucks! Because 1. It takes forever and 2. You're a step behind everybody. So someone will shoot you and you only just noticed them.

Make sure you find some Aussies.

legend

Coach
I find that quite often. I'm shooting an opposing player but he gets the jump on me and when the replay comes up, I haven't even fired a shot.