What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

sydraider

First Grade
This crappy game doesnt have them.....

Then what are you paying for with xbox live?

I thought the whole purpose of you paying for it was to get a dedicated microsoft server, for all games? Arent they based at ryde or something?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Then what are you paying for with xbox live?

I thought the whole purpose of you paying for it was to get a dedicated microsoft server, for all games? Arent they based at ryde or something?

Unsure but they dont use dedicated servers for that game..

They prob charge you to use the xbox live service..

Y2Eel

First Grade
Could someone fill me in on what dedicated servers are?

"A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone. This is more flexible than shared hosting, as organizations have full control over the server(s), including choice of operating system, hardware, etc. Server administration can usually be provided by the hosting company as an add-on service. In some cases a dedicated server can offer less overhead and a larger return on investment. Dedicated servers are most often housed in data centers, similar to colocation facilities, providing redundant power sources and HVAC systems. In contrast to colocation, the server hardware is owned by the provider and in some cases they will provide support for your operating system or applications."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedicated_hosting_service

Gotta love wikipedia...

The way mw2 runs is of a hosts pc/xbox/ps3

Carnifex

Juniors
After the first week this game(BC2) got really bad. the lag is sooo bad 95% of the time.

Yesterday i laid c4 down on a road...as two quad's came down with 2 players on each of them i set them off killing the guys and destroying the quad's the points counted on the bottom of the screen (double kill etc etc) got something like 500 points for it...check the score board and says i have 0 points next to my name!!! wtf

Big Tim

First Grade
Neg, Console players dont count...

Because Sony makes all their money in the PC market.

Seriuosly, how can you expect to have a reasonable BC2 discussion in this thread.

All the BC2 fanboys wont come in here because it is the terrible MW2 thread.

The Gambler

Juniors
The matchmaking system was imrpoved over the weekend. It takes a little longer to find a game, but 90% of the time you end up with very good connection.

Thomas

First Grade
I didn't rate the gameplay in BC2. I found the controls really clunky and would find myself trying to climb up a small rock but bouncing around.

It got really frustrating really quickly.

Stonecutter

First Grade
hahah fore sure...i'm finally starting to get a bit bored with it though. I couldn't believe how long that took. Best game in history!!!

The Gambler

Juniors
I have been letting my brother play on my profile lately - he has stripped about .1 from my k/d ratio...oh well.

Latest posts