What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling all true SHARKS supporters

Macca

Coach
I love your passion Thommo!

You are going to be labelled a fluffly now though. I reckon that's better than being a "realist" (read pessimist) any day of the week.

SirShire

First Grade
A centre that could hold on to the ball and we would have walked away with two points. Nearly every other player, except Sully and Kimmorley, played well enough.

White Poiner

Coach
Boys it dosent really matter if we make the top 8, its good news that we will though. But is that enough. Our team should be challenging for the premiership, not getting beaten by a 2nds team.
We did play good in parts and just couldnt finish it off. But we should of finished it off. I wont be satisfied untill the sharks are holding up that trophy in October. But with that preformance we look like pretenders more and more.
Lets just hope we flog souths and knights in the next two weeks, and see a charge in the finals right to the big one.

The Popper

Bench
white pointer! said:
Boys it dosent really matter if we make the top 8, its good news that we will though. But is that enough. Our team should be challenging for the premiership, not getting beaten by a 2nds team.
We did play good in parts and just couldnt finish it off. But we should of finished it off. I wont be satisfied untill the sharks are holding up that trophy in October. But with that preformance we look like pretenders more and more.
Lets just hope we flog souths and knights in the next two weeks, and see a charge in the finals right to the big one.

My thoughts too, Pointer. I looked at the draw and thought: `We can win the bloody lot!'. Then reality bit against half a Broncos side. I just hope it's a hiccup (after a bye) and not how things are gonna pan out for the rest of the season. I've seen it happen too many times.
By the way, Tele predicted today we would come in 4th. We seem to have the easiest draw of the contenders, but knowing Cronulla..................................

black_dot

Juniors
Yeahm I worked out on the draw that it may end up something like this

Broncos 40

Eels 36
Cowboys 36
SHARKS 36

Storm 34
Dragons 34

Manly 32
Roosters 32

That is giving us 7 wins from the last 9 games, a big ask but 4 of those wins are counted against the knights and bunnies, no gimmes but they need to win those if they are serious. The final 3 wins I think will come from the tigers at home, storm at home, and manly at home. We also have dragons away which is winable and roosters away ditto.

This would set up a home semi V the storm, a nice prospect.

But its very tight, as you see, we drop more than 2 games, we are in trouble, we drop 3 games and we go to 7th, we drop 4 games and we miss out. its that close.

this is the breakdown :-

9 games left, we must win 7 to finish 4th.
we must win 6 to get into the top 8
we win only 5 or less and I think we miss out on the 8.

I think we either finish 4th, or out of the 8 to be honest, crazy but true.

Macca

Coach
It's almost impossible to get those predictions right Dot. There is always a surprise or two. I think you have got it pretty right though. Atleast I damn well hope you have.

black_dot

Juniors
yeah there is alot of guessing there mate, but my point is that we are going to need 7 from 9 at least mate, thats being realistic. anythings less will be a huge bottleneck, and of all the teams contending for the 8, our for and against will hurt us the most.

Macca

Coach
Well if we are going to be a premiership threat then I say we have to win all of them.

black_dot

Juniors
very very true mate, at least 8 of the 9 with one slip between them. The comp is very open, only the broncos are standing out, I'd take the 7 wins from 9 to be honest, with a loss 2 weeks or so before the finals, then get on a roll again come semi time.

White Poiner

Coach
good thing is we play the two weakest teams, so we could put up our for and against alot with big wins against the knights and souths.

Macca

Coach
When the Roosters won in 2002 they won there last 14 or so games straight didn't they?

We need to get the momentum going like that. I think we can do it.

black_dot

Juniors
Yeah mate, and I think, all things considered, things have planned out nicely to make a charge.

The Bye, a loss to the broncos away that showed plenty of potential, strong defence, but were obviously short of a run.

Two games back against the rabits then knights. I dont ecxpect us to be perfect, infact I expect to play similar as we did V the broncos and to get two scratchy , but solid wins, solid defensively. Then its crunch time, the dragins away at the sh*thole.

That game can be the catylst for a charge to the finals, a win there would really kick us along confidence wise and stamp us as contenders. , whilst a loss , for mine wouldnt be the end of the world, a loss at kogorah and a good win the following week at home V the tigers would be okay to go forward with into the finals.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
One would think that against weaker opposition over the next 2 weeks Stu would bring up a player or two from the lower grades to test the depth?
Im thinking blokes like Merrit, Scott and Ciraldo(if Kingston was'nt injured id throw him in that group) deserve a run?
I might be jumping the gun a bit but id rather see these blokes get a run NOW against teams like the bunnys and kinghts and see how they muscle up, then get a start next year with nil NRL experiance and pretty much "throwing them in the deep end".

black_dot

Juniors
fair call although I doubt the bunnies or the knights will be easy pickings, blooding the players V the knights or bunnies would be just as risky as doing it against the dogs or broncs.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Good point dot but its got to be done sooner rather then later. I suppose the knights would be quite fiery the way things have been going up there, but there are no shi*er(if thats a word) teams then those 2 i've just mentioned

PeacheyPower

Juniors
I was'nt going to waste my time going through the 95% of sh*t that's been posted in this thread,but what the f**k is gong on here? What the f**k gives you the right to say someone else isn't a true supporter?

Because some of us think the team can play better than what they did on the weekend and offer up suggestions as to what they can do better,we're not "true" supporters.

The first post says,"We've got Souths next week and we should be able to get over them". f**king oath we should be able to get over them,there should'nt be any question about it.

If we want to win the comp we have to be beating under-strength teams and that involved winning on the weekend.
We came close and put ourselves in a position to win but failed to rise to the occasion and finish the game off,where as a Broncos side minus it's key players did.

So if your quite happy not winning games and just going through the motions week to week,sweet,enjoy being a high and mighty,holier than thou,"true" supporter.
As a phoney supporter i'll be looking for a huge improvment from the Sharks this week and a return to the kind of football we were playing earlier in the season.

There were 2 crictical points that could have turned the game our way on sunday.

1. about 7 mins before half time our kick into broncos in goal Hunt picks up ball evades tacklers in goal makes field of play, (he gets tackled in goal we have another set of 6) would have been big chance going with lead at half time.

2. 2nd hlaf, the 6 to go call 10 metres out from broncs line dykes throws ball between legs we knock on score was 10-6 broncs this stage another chance to turn the game.

They were 2 most important points in the game, you still must remember the broncs even with 5 origin players out still had 6 former origin players in team, there is no other team in the league that has that much depth, dont get give up just yet, we never play good after bye.

Remember last year Dogs got caned 40-0 over Roosters and then won the comp, season aint over by a long distance.