What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

BLM01

First Grade
You wimp TY? i did 1:44
You should of stayed till about 2.30, Mary defending himself classic
"First time in my coaching career that I have been out of contention for the finals at this time"
It was Round 20, 2019 and we were 1000's to 1 a few rounds before that.
Yep we remember .... always finals contenders :rolleyes:

BLM01

First Grade
You guys may have to get used to "being comfortable whilst being uncomfortable"
The problem is I saw another coach use that line last year and I think it was O'Brien after a loss
The modern coach of today!, Mary rubs off on us all.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
You should of stayed till about 2.30, Mary defending himself classic
"First time in my coaching career that I have been out of contention for the finals at this time"
It was Round 20, 2019 and we were 1000's to 1 a few rounds before that.
Yep we remember .... always finals contenders :rolleyes:
I’ll see if i can finish it tomorrow afternoon BLM01. I’ve got therapy in the morning ...might be ok to face it after that .....

Last edited:

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
The club was bleeding supporters while McGregor remained at the helm. The only mistake with the timing of his departure was in it being too late. We were never going to make the finals,regardless of who was the coach. The few games with Young showed pretty clearly that he wasn’t ready to be an NRL coach and might of saved us from another few years of suffering with a different incompetent coach in charge.

McInness decided to leave before he had very much to do with any new coach. One meeting with the Sharks at the end of the year before he had even joined the squad for training was all he needed to decide to move. You don’t fight to keep a player who wants to leave like this. I’m thankful for his efforts these last few years but happy to let him move on. Brandon Smith would be a great replacement, or Hunt moves to hooker and one of our young guys steps up into the halves.

I for one do not believe the next two years to be our darkest. We are still in the tunnel but The more we let go and get rid of any connection to the McGregor reign the brighter it will be.
Well said mate

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
Further reflections on this whole situation...

The summary that Mary put out via the SMH on Cam was on the money. He's a guy that certainly gives his all both on the training paddock and on the field, which will be a big distraction initially and ultimately a big loss for us as a club.

However, as much as Cam may have been lighting up the stats sheets throughout these last two years, as a leader & captain of the club unfortunately he also needs to shoulder some of the blame for the poor overall performances of the team. He's showing a bit too much love for the old regime in my view - and this is not what we need to move forward as a club. Consequently, whether it was by his choice (due to his loyalty to Mary & the old regime), the club forcing his hand, or a combination of factors - he is now on his way out the door and good luck to him !

Those who have come out on social platforms in the last 24 hours criticizing the club for the timing of McGregor being moved on and the subsequent hiring of Hook need to give themselves a massive uppercut !!

The club, or more specifically the football team and the top to bottom operations around it, need MASSIVE change and Hook is the perfect guy to drive that change. No doubt the guy is going to ruffle a few feathers (particularly some of the players who have needed to face some harsh realities for a long time coming). Some of the decisions that will be made are going to come from left field, they probably won't make sense, and they are probably not going to be popular (as we've now seen). In the short-term, some of these decisions are going to cause massive noise and unrest among the club and its supporters. But ultimately we will be much better off in the longer term as a result.

My best advice to most fans is to stop having loyalty towards any individual player and focus on the bigger picture of how the team performs overall as Cams performances, as good as they have been, certainly haven't been good enough to improve the overall performance of the team in the last two years. I stopped having loyalty towards individual players after Gasnier more or less screwed us over by leaving his contract early, not once but twice !!
On point mate. Well said.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Just for "old time's" sake.

OT, Mary was asked how he was coping with the ongoing losses. He stated he must remain composed for the team. But it must have been so much harder for the journalists and the fans to stay composed listening to his pathetic drivel every week. Just such a pity that journos refused to ask him the tough questions. More honesty from them may have seen the Board act sooner.

A very good reminder for those on here already doubting Griffin that we are way better off than at any time during Mary's torturous reign as Head Coach. So many references already from the players about Griffin's straight talk. It must be so refreshing after years listening to an idiot trying to hide his idiocy with his own version of footyspeak.

Old Timer

Coach
Please don’t spoil our day by being self indulgent.

Watch your videos in private.
muzby you can come on over anytime & we can sit together, eat some popcorn, talk about how we should get along a whole lot better and of course reminisce about what we are missing out on and of course bury the hatchet.
So much fun to be had with good quality re runs.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
muzby you can come on over anytime & we can sit together, eat some popcorn, talk about how we should get along a whole lot better and of course reminisce about what we are missing out on and of course bury the hatchet.
So much fun to be had with good quality re runs.
No thanks.

Last time we tried that you shat in my rose garden.

Latest posts