What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

Gettin real sick of this assholes bullshit mind games....f**k me dead, just tell us your plans already! What has he got to gain by dragging this on like he is??? Says alot about his character.... all ego, has to be all about him.... a despicable human being.
Its time we stopped idolising this false prophet and recognise him for what he really is, a prolific cheater and an overall scumbag. How many necks has he broken over his playing time... how many times has he got results by "refereeing" ... all that i could forgive , HOWEVER, i will NOT forgive the fact that when the storm were rigging the salary cap, he was in on it.. he knew perfectly well what was going on the whole time...
Seriously cannot wait for this prick to leave the game for good. OK end rant.. you guys can attack me now.

Smith accused the ref of trying to influence the result of last night's game. It happened when Hughes was put in the bin. Smith should have been sent off.

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
Gettin real sick of this assholes bullshit mind games....f**k me dead, just tell us your plans already! What has he got to gain by dragging this on like he is??? Says alot about his character.... all ego, has to be all about him.... a despicable human being.
Its time we stopped idolising this false prophet and recognise him for what he really is, a prolific cheater and an overall scumbag. How many necks has he broken over his playing time... how many times has he got results by "refereeing" ... all that i could forgive , HOWEVER, i will NOT forgive the fact that when the storm were rigging the salary cap, he was in on it.. he knew perfectly well what was going on the whole time...
Seriously cannot wait for this prick to leave the game for good. OK end rant.. you guys can attack me now.

Seriously, what’s it matter if says he’s retiring or not. It’s only a story because dick heads make it a story. Round 1 next year he’s either playing or he’s not.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Seriously, what’s it matter if says he’s retiring or not. It’s only a story because dick heads make it a story. Round 1 next year he’s either playing or he’s not.
He's only affecting his own team and the bookies. If he retires, 4 other teams' premiership odds go higher.

Smith accused the ref of trying to influence the result of last night's game. It happened when Hughes was put in the bin. Smith should have been sent off.

What was he quoted saying? I’ve heard various stuff on this but nothing verified.

I thought the refereeing in the first half was fine, only blemish was the missed knock down by storm from the Kikau pass, but they could have challenged.

The first riff try and the sin bin of Hughes were the two big blights of the whole match. I don’t get why stopping and maintaining your ground constitutes a professional foul.

Changing your line, yes. Stopping dead, no.

The rules may read different, I don’t know. But for the life of me that was blatantly wrong.

The first try got Penrith a hope. The sin bin gave them a genuine chance.

Last edited:

reanimate

Bench
I dont think we will get an announcement until pre-season next year

off the back of a GF win and a rare try for him he may be thinking atm he can go around again - and im confident he could, but let the pre-season of whats been a fairly different year set in and he'll likely give it more thought

sucks for BSmith and Grant, and the club as if he does wait til last minute as they will have a huge part of the cap left to spend with not much time, but it is what it is
He may have thoughts of going around until he turns 40 and breaking more records along the way. The first to 450 games, the first player to be playing regular first grade NRL at 40 etc.

He could easily do it, plenty of players have kept playing on in far worse form than him.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He was the best hooker this year by a country mile. If he wants to play on again who are we mere mortals to suggest he shouldNt?

greenBV4

Bench
I dont get why people find it so hard to believe that he probably genuinely hasn't made his mind up? Why does it matter to opposition fans anyway?

It's the media that drags this on not him, im sure he would rather not have to answer the question every time theres a microphone, same as all the teammates - as if they are gonna spill that news even if they did know anyway so why ask them?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I dont get why people find it so hard to believe that he probably genuinely hasn't made his mind up? Why does it matter to opposition fans anyway?

It's the media that drags this on not him, im sure he would rather not have to answer the question every time theres a microphone, same as all the teammates - as if they are gonna spill that news even if they did know anyway so why ask them?

It is astounding how woke some people get over something that has nothing to do with them and in no way effects their life!!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I dislike Cam Smith as a person, know he was in on the cheating, yet I think he is the greatest of all time if we're purely looking at on-field ability to get the job done.

And he has no obligation to tell anyone of his plans apart from the Storm. The only issue would be if he held up their salary cap plans and made them worse off by not being able to sign anyone else if he left, but I doubt that's the case.

Is he an egotist? Probably. But he doesn't owe shit to the media.

What was he quoted saying? I’ve heard various stuff on this but nothing verified.

I thought the refereeing in the first half was fine, only blemish was the missed knock down by storm from the Kikau pass, but they could have challenged.

The first riff try and the sin bin of Hughes were the two big blights of the whole match. I don’t get why stopping and maintaining your ground constitutes a professional foul.

Changing your line, yes. Stopping dead, no.

The rules may read different, I don’t know. But for the life of me that was blatantly wrong.

The first try got Penrith a hope. The sin bin gave them a genuine chance.
Hughes was looking directly at the chaser, stopped, then moved sideways to impede his path. It was definitely a professional foul.

Smith more or less accused Sutton of trying to engineer an exciting finish to the game.

"I get it, everyone wants an exciting finish. But we are just the same as them," Smith could be heard saying after the Hughes binning.

"Stop trying to pick little things out of our game to make an exciting finish."

The NRL's match review committee did assess the incident, but opted against handing down any charge.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/rugbyleague/smith-avoids-sanction-for-referee-comments/ar-BB1anvLu

Last edited:

lazza

Juniors
It is astounding how woke some people get over something that has nothing to do with them and in no way effects their life!!

Right... why do people care so much? The only clubs it really impacts and storm themselves and the tigers

lazza

Juniors
Hughes was looking directly at the chaser, stopped, then moved sideways to impede his path. It was definitely a professional foul.

Smith more or less accused Sutton of trying to engineer an exciting finish to the game.

"I get it, everyone wants an exciting finish. But we are just the same as them," Smith could be heard saying after the Hughes binning.

The NRL's match review committee did assess the incident, but opted against handing down any charge.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/rugbyleague/smith-avoids-sanction-for-referee-comments/ar-BB1anvLu
Lol Sutton took no offence to it - he’s only been managed by Smith his whole refereeing career and is used to his rabble.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nr...ontroversial-sin-binning-20201025-p568g5.html

Heres the video and the story.. in the link. Could only find it on "WA Today"...

I can hear Smith remonstrating with the ref leading up to the binning but not the "stop picking little things bit...". Maybe it happened after Hughes went to the sheds, or in between I don't know. But from what I heard it wasn't bad enough to warrant further action.

I still can't disagree more with the binning. He did see the kick, and of course would be mindful of Kikau, turned to chase then stopped dead. He's actually still moving "away" from the goal-posts throughout, until he stops. His last step props but it's not blatantly changing his line.

Even though Chiddy said he steps into the line - complete bollocks as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it deserved even a penalty but a sin bin was way to harsh. The leg-out from Kaufusi was far worse and could have been penalised. And while the commentary of the night isn't the best reference point - both Gus "Panther" Gould and Johns thought it was harsh. And the Bunker hasn't got much cred either after the Panthers first try.

Anyway that's my opinion - Storm ended up winning and deserved to win. We can agree to disagree, all valid viewpoints.

Interesting to see what (if anything) happens to Smith afterward. But if he did say it and is fined/charged, I've got no problem with whatever penalty is imposed. And wouldn't make me think any worse of Smith.

Generalzod

Immortal

Why if it was a coach that said it he would have been fined, Smith was implying that and nothing happens incredible.