What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Melbourne Seriously Be Stopped in 2012?

Snappy

Coach
Storm play Warriors in Round 8.

Whilst they are a bogie side, I really cant see Warriors winning cause they playing far too shithouse to turn that form around in two weeks.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Origin might be the best hope of a team knocking them off

they usually get 2 byes during the origin period but the other game might be a goeer

Apey

Staff member
they will put in an ordinary performance sooner or later

normally i'd say Warriors but they are beyond terrible atm.

user_nat

Coach
Origin 1:
Before - bye
After - Broncos (home)

Origin 2:
Before - Tigers (home)
After - Manly (away)

Origin 3:
Before - bye
After - Raiders (home)

Pretty good Origin draw. Manly would be the biggest chance, being the only one not in Melbourne.

Not sure why they get byes before 2 origins, should be one before and one after.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Broncos after isnt a bad bet, they are a quality side.

But given their form, its hard to see any team beating them. They are just that much better than the rest right now

--Storm--

Juniors
SPORTSTAB offered 9-1 @ the start of the season; awsome odd's, I'd put my house on them (If my Mr's would let me) haha ;)

Noa

First Grade
We havent really played anyone who's put a good 60-70 minutes against us yet. Canberra and Souths put in the best performances and we're both good chances of winning.

Or we are atm is the team that has played the most games together, espcailly in the important positions.

Snappy

Coach
Origin 1:
Before - bye
After - Broncos (home)

Origin 2:
Before - Tigers (home)
After - Manly (away)

Origin 3:
Before - bye
After - Raiders (home)

Pretty good Origin draw. Manly would be the biggest chance, being the only one not in Melbourne.

Not sure why they get byes before 2 origins, should be one before and one after.

So looking at that, Origin will only affect Storm for one game against the Tigers. (barring Origin caused injury)

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We havent really played anyone who's put a good 60-70 minutes against us yet. Canberra and Souths put in the best performances and we're both good chances of winning.

Or we are atm is the team that has played the most games together, espcailly in the important positions.

As pointed out in the Cowboys game thread we got you guys in the most optimal conditions for us to beat you. Maybe we can hope for another flood and a bit of luck go the Raiders way next time we play :p

blacklock

Juniors
melbourne are a machine. tonight they only let in a few tries on the back of unforced errors. but in the face of that they still motored on. its a tough team to face that can have made 3 mistakes and be punished for each of them...then have them put 42 pts on you. amazing performance. (this coming from a dragons fan who still have nightmares of 1999 hehe)

beads6

First Grade
I am Pretty sure this same thread is made every year. The Storm play at their best for 95% of the season. The other teams who are likely to be competitive against them aren't as consistent. I think Manly, Warriors, Cowboys, Bulldogs and Broncos at their best can go with the Storm.

blacklock

Juniors
if the storm get an injury to one or two of the big 3 then see how they go
definitely would be interesting to see how they would adapt. i think their game plan is fairly simple so it wouldnt be as complex to cover....in contrast i think if a team like the tigers lost benji, then it would be devastating.

not to forget...they had anthony quinn out on suspension this game.

user_nat

Coach
Won't be much of a test given it is 2 days after Origin and Players are likely to be rested from the match. More poor scheduling form the NRL. :crazy:

Every. single. year.

Really annoys me that Brisbane and Melbourne have to play after rep games every year. Isn't many (if any) teams that are more heavily effect by rep games.

if the storm get an injury to one or two of the big 3 then see how they go

They should be fairly competitive without any one of the 3. Widdop can cover fullback, Hinchcliffe can cover hooker and Smith can pick up some of the playmaking stuff if Cronk went down.

They do have a pretty crap record without Smith though.

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors
Storm definitely looking good for the minor premiership at this point, even with a loss or two their points differential (+119 after six games!) is pretty healthy.

Looking at the next six games, should get a win from four at least:
- Bulldogs (H)
- NZ (H)
- Panthers (A)
- Sharks (A)
- Broncos (H)
- NZ (A)

Possible dangers are NZ on Anzac day (bogey side) and Sharks if they keep up their form.

As far as finals go... way, way too early to call. Injury/suspensions/brawl with Manly could turn things around.

Every. single. year.

Really annoys me that Brisbane and Melbourne have to play after rep games every year. Isn't many (if any) teams that are more heavily effect by rep games.

Perhaps the NRL is looking to save on airfares, given that between the Broncs and Storm you have most of the QLD side?

Grapple

Bench
Storm definitely looking good for the minor premiership at this point, even with a loss or two their points differential (+119 after six games!) is pretty healthy.

Looking at the next six games, should get a win from four at least:
- Bulldogs (H)
- NZ (H)
- Panthers (A)
- Sharks (A)
- Broncos (H)
- NZ (A)

Possible dangers are NZ on Anzac day (bogey side) and Sharks if they keep up their form.

As far as finals go... way, way too early to call. Injury/suspensions/brawl with Manly could turn things around.

Perhaps the NRL is looking to save on airfares, given that between the Broncs and Storm you have most of the QLD side?

I was there for the last years battle (amazing game) and the atmosphere was way better than just a regular Storm home game. The Warriors will definitely lift, especially considering the support they get in Melbourne. But whether they can lift to last years level remains to be seen. Should be an awesome game though.

Latest posts