What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Melbourne Seriously Be Stopped in 2012?

Snappy

Coach
You know i am a one eyed Souths fan , however given Souths were close to beating the Storm in their last game and did not have Merritt on the field , i believe come finals time the following. If Souths have their best team on the field and make the finals and with the added game experience of the rookie Reynolds by that time , Souths WILL beat the Storm if they meet in the finals this year.
Sure plenty of Ifs, however fact , the team that wins a premiership nowadays , gets to the finals with all their best players available.

Wont happen because Souffs players will be in Bali in September.

Loudstrat

Coach
TBF in 09 we swept Manly & Brisbane aside in the QF & SF by 40 points, and then toppled the hottest team at the time in Parramatta (Yes i know were cheats blah blah blah) so it's obvious we can lift come finals time, i think alot of people are underselling the quality of the 2011 SF and indeed the Warriors, Melbourne played well, but the Warrriors put together the best 80 minutes i've seen and thoroughly deserved the win and in all hoesty would have beaten any team that night. It'll be interesting to see if we can go 1 better this year.
Manly and Brisbane were massively injury hit, and both games were at home. That aint stepping up. That's a gift

Wtf has that got to do with quality. Because you lust over someone doesn't make them worthy
4 blokes with a combined test count of 115 - if that aint a sign of quality what is you demented f*ckwit?????????

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Storm that took the field on GF day 2009 were the better side but the Eels team that was well under the salary cap were very close behind. The Eels almost pulled that game out and if they had scored when Lowrie kicked or gotten the right call when Slater lost the ball in the tackle they may have been premiers.

HowHigh

Coach
YES they can be beat come finals time.
YES Storm are now playing great football. They have all their star players on the field and playing accordingly. I think they cannot improve from here so other teams will either step up by finals time or Storm could come back to the field due to injury.

You know i am a one eyed Souths fan , however given Souths were close to beating the Storm in their last game and did not have Merritt on the field , i believe come finals time the following. If Souths have their best team on the field and make the finals and with the added game experience of Reynolds by that time , Souths WILL beat the Storm if they meet in the finals this year.
Sure plenty of Ifs, however fact , the team that wins a premiership nowadays , gets to the finals with all their best players available.
He'll be a 10+ year veteran by the time Souths make the finals

POPEYE

Coach
Fmd, how are we ever going to judge the worth of all other teams if the Storm fold . . . all the ewes will be wandering around aimlessly looking for someone with balls

Parra Pride

Referee
The Storm that took the field on GF day 2009 were the better side but the Eels team that was well under the salary cap were very close behind. The Eels almost pulled that game out and if they had scored when Lowrie kicked or gotten the right call when Slater lost the ball in the tackle they may have been premiers.

Don't even get my started on Tony Archer and that f**king dud call.

#ArchersAWanker

Galeforce

Bench
Will someone put this batshit insane geriatric down?

What nonsensical dribble :lol:

The only dribble are your comments which only use schoolboy bully dribble attack on a person without any logical argument on the subject. change your nappy

DMS

Juniors
The Storm have the Cowboys on Sunday Night......and if you rewind to a year ago the Cowboys rolled the storm by a heap on a Monday night......can history repeat its self?

Glen

Bench
YES Storm are now playing great football. They have all their star players on the field and playing accordingly. I think they cannot improve from here so other teams will either step up by finals time or Storm could come back to the field due to injury.

You know i am a one eyed Souths fan , however given Souths were close to beating the Storm in their last game and did not have Merritt on the field , i believe come finals time the following. If Souths have their best team on the field and make the finals and with the added game experience of the rookie Reynolds by that time , Souths WILL beat the Storm if they meet in the finals this year.
Classic!

Can one of the moderators please just merge this thread into the LOL@50uff$ thread?

beefstew

Juniors

Some good points, Storm are at their best right now, I cant see them playing much better with the average squad they have,
even the big 3 will struggle to stay at the top of their games all season long.

I think Souths and the Bronc's have the strongest squads in the comp, but have unproven or average halves, that said,
any team with a good roster, with all or very close to all players available, will be a force in the finals.

beefstew

Juniors
Will someone put this batshit insane geriatric down?

What nonsensical dribble :lol:

Fair enough if you have a childish dislike for Souths, but calling a sensible well thought out and factual post
like his nonsensical dribble, shows you should probably stick to the lol@souffsrolfcopter threads...they're
probably more your level.

Apey

Staff member
The only dribble are your comments which only use schoolboy bully dribble attack on a person without any logical argument on the subject. change your nappy

Don't you just love grammar? Due to your inability to use it, you've just told me that it is you that is without logical argument on the subject.

I agree :lol:

Fair enough if you have a childish dislike for Souths, but calling a sensible well thought out and factual post
like his nonsensical dribble, shows you should probably stick to the lol@souffsrolfcopter threads...they're
probably more your level.

If you think Galeforce's toothless meth-induced ramblings are best described as a "well thought out and factual post" then I really don't know what to say :lol:

StormHi

Juniors
Some good points, Storm are at their best right now, I cant see them playing much better with the average squad they have,
even the big 3 will struggle to stay at the top of their games all season long.

I think Souths and the Bronc's have the strongest squads in the comp, but have unproven or average halves, that said,
any team with a good roster, with all or very close to all players available, will be a force in the finals.

You are as dumb as gayforce if you agree with that post..... I know it frightens you but the Storm have a ton of improvement in them..... You aren't a very astute fan if you were you would have a clue that the best from all teams in the comp is yet to come.

:p

LESStar58

Referee

So kingston making a deliberate bee line for Slater and knocking his arm with his knee had nothing to do with Archer awarding that penalty.

Its all academic now because the premiership doesn't count but watch the slow motion replay and tell me that Kingston's knee does not come in touch with Slater's arm as he gets up to play the ball. To be fair though, if it had been deemed a knock on Storm fans could probably complain they got a bad call as well.

beefstew

Juniors
You are as dumb as gayforce if you agree with that post..... I know it frightens you but the Storm have a ton of improvement in them..... You aren't a very astute fan if you were you would have a clue that the best from all teams in the comp is yet to come.

:p

The Storm are Billy Slater, take him out of the team and they are nothing.

Slaters start to the season is as good as any I've seen, good luck keeping him, and therefore your team, at
that level for the rest of the season.

I'll wait for the usual blah blah Smith, blah blah best in the world, he's a hooker, which means he's only
as good as the players around him, and he just happens to have had one of the best players in the games
history, in his back pocket his whole career.

Your team is already at their peak, get over it.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
As much as I hate the storm and love any post deathriding the cheating merkins, that is an extremely dumb post beefstew..