What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Melbourne Seriously Be Stopped in 2012?

KiamaSaint

Coach
Storm do remind me of the Dragons last year. Unbeatable at the start but then Origin led to their demise. What people forget is that the Dragons were a field goal away from getting their campaign for back to back titles back on track. The storm are a great side, well coached, still plenty of time for them to right their ship.

wibble

Bench
Firstly, there's already a shoulder charge thread, let's leave it in there.
Secondly, 'Of all time' is overkill, no one can say that conclusively. 'In the game at present', 'In living memory', 'In my time watching the game', these are all valid claims, subjective, but valid. 'Of all time' is just silly.
Thirdly, the thread was started by a premature ejaculator, consistently bumped by said PE, and is now being subjected to the same syndrome in forecasting Melbourne's demise. Too early yet, but not looking good for them.

This is why we are all in this silly thread again. It makes as much sense to write off the Storm, with some of the best players in the game at the moment, finals experience, talented halves, and brutal defense, as it did to say they were unstoppable earlier in the year, when plenty of other teams boast similar talent and experience, and finals always through in a few surprises.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Someone please tell Billy Slater that he isn't Jarryd Hayne,stick to running the ball Billy and stop trying to throw beautiful passes to set up tries,you will never have the passing skills of Jarryd Hayne

beefstew

Juniors
This is why we are all in this silly thread again. It makes as much sense to write off the Storm, with some of the best players in the game at the moment, finals experience, talented halves, and brutal defense, as it did to say they were unstoppable earlier in the year, when plenty of other teams boast similar talent and experience, and finals always through in a few surprises.

it's just funny to see the bubble burst when Slater wasn't in the team, or anywhere close to full fitness like last night, some of us said that's exactly
what would happen (page 11). They may go on to win the comp when Billy gets back to full fitness...but it's hilarious to see how crap they are
without him. The dogs would be close to the same with no Barba.

Feej

First Grade
They'll be fine. They play the Sharks in a few weeks, and we love playing teams back into form.

Galeforce

Bench
YES they can be beat come finals time.
YES Storm are now playing great football. They have all their star players on the field and playing accordingly. I think they cannot improve from here so other teams will either step up by finals time or Storm could come back to the field due to injury.

You know i am a one eyed Souths fan , however given Souths were close to beating the Storm in their last game and did not have Merritt on the field , i believe come finals time the following. If Souths have their best team on the field and make the finals and with the added game experience of the rookie Reynolds by that time , Souths WILL beat the Storm if they meet in the finals this year.
Sure plenty of Ifs, however fact , the team that wins a premiership nowadays , gets to the finals with all their best players available.

haw haw haw
to the dopes who responded to this post (april 2012) with ridicule. Page 10 of this thread , haw haw haw.

Galeforce

Bench
I suppose close to winning a game is as good as it gets for a Wabbitohs fan........ Personally I think LoL@Souffs peaked with their win against a woeful tigers outfit and it's all downhill from there :roll:

I think there is plenty of improvement from the Storm still to come. Guys like Will Chambers is still finding form and Widdop is gaining confidence and influence with every game. A comment like yours about there being no room for improvement in the Storm is about the dumbest thing I have heard on this thread....... They can improve by getting rid of Quinn or by tightening up their late game defence or by staying focused for the full 80 minutes...... Seriously Wabbitoh fans are about as idiotic as they come like comparing inglis after two games as Fullback to Slater is Idiotic.

Oh and by the way your savior Reynolds got run down by not one but two fowards and he had a head start Congrats on having that Nuffle on your team.

haw haw haw

Frailty

First Grade
Jesus people are quick to start bagging Billy Slater...

Apparently when you come back from Injury you are expected to be in top form...

beefstew

Juniors
Jesus people are quick to start bagging Billy Slater...

Apparently when you come back from Injury you are expected to be in top form...

Saying his team cant win without him is hardly bagging the guy, pretty much the opposite really.

Glen

Bench
To be fair we bagged the cheat before he got injured as well e.g. when he couldn't catch a bomb in Origin 1. He's obviously an excellent player but is overrated

This Year?

Immortal
2md53qh.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bottle

Coach
Where were you when they were on their losing streak? Hiding in Stormland?

Typical good times bandwagonner.