What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Melbourne Seriously Be Stopped in 2012?

Jason Maher

Immortal
They lost to us with their Big 3 on deck. I think that says it all. Still time for the ship to be righted though (unfortunately).

BranVan3000

Coach
Imagine if they remained anchored on 28 points and missed the eight :crazy:

Not impossible. Though heavily reliant on Penrith pulling an Eels. I can see the Storm getting more frustrated and less patient as th losses mount too. Besides Penrith they have no easy games left. Seeing them stop at 30 points would not shock me at this point

redvscotty

First Grade
Last time Melbourne sucked this badly they got busted for signing 1000 contracts each and had to give back all their new boats.

Oh wait, the players had no idea.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can't believe you guys are writing off Melbourne, give it a couple more games and when Widdop is back, Slater has had a few more runs to get his timing right, they do have a team that knows how to win. Even playing as poorly as they did last night, the Dragons needed those 2 bad passes to get the amount of points that it took to seperate the teams. I still expect the Storm to have turned the corner before the semi's have started, just hope they haven't dropped to 4th by then.

Lets revisit this thread in about 6 weeks.
Geez some people get excited easily.
By the first weekend of the finals things will have changed(form wise ,injury wise)quite a lot,for a lot of teams.

Talk about blowing your wad early.

drago brelli

Bench
Not one head high shot or shoulder charge last and the game was no less tough. Rugby league does not need the shoulder charge.

Not one head high shot or shoulder charge last and the game was no less tough. Rugby league does not need the shoulder charge.
Ask the players who ACTUALLY PLAY the game.
Not One has come out to agree with your dumb view.
Its a tough physical COLLISION sport.
Deal with it.

drago brelli

Bench
Ask the players who ACTUALLY PLAY the game.
Not One has come out to agree with your dumb view.
Its a tough physical COLLISION sport.
Deal with it.
What do you think other players in the NRL would think of a current player who came out and said that the should charge should go? My dumb view was agreed to by Greg Alexander and experts who attempt to repair the damage done by high shots.

firechild

First Grade

Looks like someone's pedalling an agenda.

1496949592_9dc327ae77.jpg

bottle

Coach
Firstly, there's already a shoulder charge thread, let's leave it in there.
Secondly, 'Of all time' is overkill, no one can say that conclusively. 'In the game at present', 'In living memory', 'In my time watching the game', these are all valid claims, subjective, but valid. 'Of all time' is just silly.
Thirdly, the thread was started by a premature ejaculator, consistently bumped by said PE, and is now being subjected to the same syndrome in forecasting Melbourne's demise. Too early yet, but not looking good for them.