What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can RL take over from RU in NZ?

Te Kaha

First Grade
lol at the union trolls.

whilst one form of rugby is dieing off in our area, another just keeps growing.

and with the Anzac test on tonight the international game goes from srength to stength.

There are only two trolls in this thread... one is PW the other is you... everybody else is adding to a debate... you are just being your usual muppet self...

And i would hold off on the "with the Anzac test on tonight the international game goes from srength to stength" bit if i was you... a small crowd and a thrashing wont help the "growth".. oh and it stopped being the ANZAC test a couple of years ago.... you know if you really want to be a troll you should really understand what you are talking about...

Brycey

Juniors
Exactly TK.

Most people are hoping for this game tonight to be a resounding success, but the odds are against it so its not smart for one to be boasting yet when the score isnt even on the board.

There are only two trolls in this thread... one is PW the other is you... everybody else is adding to a debate... you are just being your usual muppet self...

And i would hold off on the "with the Anzac test on tonight the international game goes from srength to stength" bit if i was you... a small crowd and a thrashing wont help the "growth".. oh and it stopped being the ANZAC test a couple of years ago.... you know if you really want to be a troll you should really understand what you are talking about...

i started the thread egg head.

you then took a very negative approach to it.

a fairly good crowd will be in tonight and that kiwi side has some very talented players in it

Exactly TK.

Most people are hoping for this game tonight to be a resounding success, but the odds are against it so its not smart for one to be boasting yet when the score isnt even on the board.

seriously, in your case less is more.

england made the GF of the WC yet got flogged in one of their pool games.

is RU a joke internationally.

why should a big scoreline tonight mean that in RL.

youve got little faith in the sport you apparently claim to be a fan of

Brycey

Juniors
Hmm who said anything about RL being a joke internationally, and then you claim that I have little faith in a sport for saying this game does not already have guaranteed success.

You're either seeing something I am not or imagining things, I never questioned rugby leagues international status DM. You're paranoid and your anti-any other sport attitude makes you very predictable, closed minded and rather paranoid.

Maybe you took my post too literally (re: the point on the board remark). This game is not a success yet, no-one knows how many people will turn up, how many will watch it or the quality of the game.

And I don't care what happens in the Union WC, it has no effect on League whatsoever. But this is an important game, it may be a difference between whether people decide to get to/watch a WC game later on in the year.

I'll wait with anticipation, you're biting off more than you can chew and if this game flops you will look like an idiot.

Te Kaha

First Grade
i started the thread egg head.
you then took a very negative approach to it.
a fairly good crowd will be in tonight and that kiwi side has some very talented players in it

No i didnt... you are the one who started throwing around the abuse... and are still at it... you were and still are making baseless statements as arguments, avoiding evidence where your argument has been found to have holes in it, and are always making things up and presenting them as facts .. typical troll behaviour... its no wonder PW showed up...

Ticket sales figures are reported to be anywhere from 7K to 20K that is pathetic for an international in a city the size of sydney where League is the no 1 followed sport so the crowd could be a bad one or a terrible one... unless it goes close to sell out then its not a going to be a good one....

The Kiwi team has some amazing talent in it no doubt.. however the half pairing is mediocre at best and the backline is barely out of nappies... unless there is a torrential downpour during the game or the Kiwis can hold onto the ball for 80 mins the Aussie backline will tear us to shreds.... a massacre it may not be but at 1.55 for Aus 13+ its a great way to make money....

neither of these is a good sign that International League is in great shape.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Hmm who said anything about RL being a joke internationally, and then you claim that I have little faith in a sport for saying this game does not already have guaranteed success.
Get used to it.. Dally makes things up... its hard to keep his lies straight.

You're either seeing something I am not or imagining things, I never questioned rugby leagues international status DM. You're paranoid and your anti-any other sport attitude makes you very predictable, closed minded and rather paranoid.
This paragraph will no doubt make him acuse you of not Loving League as its impossible for someone to love any other sport.

Maybe you took my post too literally (re: the point on the board remark). This game is not a success yet, no-one knows how many people will turn up, how many will watch it or the quality of the game.
Which was what my point was as well... I hope he gets it now

And I don't care what happens in the Union WC, it has no effect on League whatsoever. But this is an important game, it may be a difference between whether people decide to get to/watch a WC game later on in the year.

I wish more on this board had that view, league people need to stop looking at other sports and concentrate on making the game the best it can be.

I'll wait with anticipation, you're biting off more than you can chew and if this game flops you will look like an idiot.
Whether its a success or not... he will still look like an idiot... my guess is he is just a teenager with very little life experence and tries to bignote himself on message boards to make himself feel better.

Brycey

Juniors
Te Kaha I have faith in the NZ backline. Those boys will rattle the bones of the Australian backline, Sa was up against Folau in Rd3 and held him out. The NZ backline are up to the job, its their halves that will meet their end imo

Cheezel

Juniors

I agree Brycey if the Kiwis can put in a good performance and even cause an upset, things will be looking so much better. The public and media will only remember the last game played. So if the Kiwis turn up it will take some heat off the ARL going into the World Cup. It will also hopefully put an end to all this credability crap going around at the moment.

Okay Kiwis......over to you :cool:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Te Kaha I have faith in the NZ backline. Those boys will rattle the bones of the Australian backline, Sa was up against Folau in Rd3 and held him out. The NZ backline are up to the job, its their halves that will meet their end imo
Holding them out is not going to win the game... the forwards can hold their own... but with Cronk playing, and i think he will, the cross field kickss to Folou and Inglis are going to do us easily... and while I am not to worried about gasnier, hodges always seems to have the edge of any NZ team he has played against, be it Kiwis or Warriors...

Te Kaha

First Grade
I agree Brycey if the Kiwis can put in a good performance and even cause an upset, things will be looking so much better. The public and media will only remember the last game played. So if the Kiwis turn up it will take some heat off the ARL going into the World Cup. It will also hopefully put an end to all this credability crap going around at the moment.

Okay Kiwis......over to you :cool:

The Fact that Aussies are barracking for the Kiwis, for the sake of the international game, says more about its health than anything else ever will... perception can be a horrible thing... especially when the media runs with it.

Brycey

Juniors
Yes I am barracking for the Kiwis for the sake of the international game. Also I think its another reason why myself and a lot of other Aussies will barrack the kiwis - the tall poppy syndrome. Especially with Ricky Stuart at the helm of Aussies, a lot of people would love to see them fall flat on their face. Its the Australian way to cut people down if they get too big for their shoes!

Te Kaha

First Grade
Yes I am barracking for the Kiwis for the sake of the international game. Also I think its another reason why myself and a lot of other Aussies will barrack the kiwis - the tall poppy syndrome. Especially with Ricky Stuart at the helm of Aussies, a lot of people would love to see them fall flat on their face. Its the Australian way to cut people down if they get too big for their shoes!

Not just the Aussies... but with Stuart i can understand it... i loved him during the Raiders days.. now he just comes across as a twat.

Cheezel

Juniors
The Fact that Aussies are barracking for the Kiwis, for the sake of the international game, says more about its health than anything else ever will... perception can be a horrible thing... especially when the media runs with it.

That also applies in cricket! I for one was happy to see the Aussies not win something for once. It got me interested in Cricket Again. The Aussies dominating for so long did not mean the death of the international game for cricket.

As I mentioned the media will only dwell on the last game. NZ won the Tri-nations in 2005. Great Britain beat Australia in Sydney in 2006. So their is always the potential for the Kiwis or England to get the Aussies if they play well. It just takes one game for the Aussies to trip over during the WC and we could be watching England V NZ in the World Cup final.

It's just like the All Blacks were short priced favourites to win the RWC and go bundled out early on. Anything is possible:D

Brycey

Juniors
Unfortunately the way it is set up it would have to take 2 slip ups from the Aussies not to make the final. But could you imagine a NZ/GB v France final. Now that would be something!

Te Kaha

First Grade
That also applies in cricket! I for one was happy to see the Aussies not win something for once. It got me interested in Cricket Again. The Aussies dominating for so long did not mean the death of the international game for cricket.

As I mentioned the media will only dwell on the last game. NZ won the Tri-nations in 2005. Great Britain beat Australia in Sydney in 2006. So their is always the potential for the Kiwis or England to get the Aussies if they play well. It just takes one game for the Aussies to trip over during the WC and we could be watching England V NZ in the World Cup final.

It's just like the All Blacks were short priced favourites to win the RWC and go bundled out early on. Anything is possible:D

You reakon someone has paid the ref off again tonight too???:sarcasm:

I don't think the Kiwi's will win tonight but it would be a close game with Darren Lockyer out . The Australian forward was selected purely on who can fight and hold its own against any aggression from the Kiwi's . It could backfire on Ricky Stuart tonight .

No i didnt... you are the one who started throwing around the abuse... and are still at it... you were and still are making baseless statements as arguments, avoiding evidence where your argument has been found to have holes in it, and are always making things up and presenting them as facts .. typical troll behaviour... its no wonder PW showed up...

Ticket sales figures are reported to be anywhere from 7K to 20K that is pathetic for an international in a city the size of sydney where League is the no 1 followed sport so the crowd could be a bad one or a terrible one... unless it goes close to sell out then its not a going to be a good one....

The Kiwi team has some amazing talent in it no doubt.. however the half pairing is mediocre at best and the backline is barely out of nappies... unless there is a torrential downpour during the game or the Kiwis can hold onto the ball for 80 mins the Aussie backline will tear us to shreds.... a massacre it may not be but at 1.55 for Aus 13+ its a great way to make money....

neither of these is a good sign that International League is in great shape.

nope i pointed out my arguments, and you got upset.

yes ticket sales were reported as 7000 a week ago, why are you ignoring the updated ones.

and good to see some positive talk about the Kiwi RL team, about that i cant complain

if they get belted, it will be no different to SA belting england in the WC prior to the final

Latest posts