What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can RL take over from RU in NZ?

Cheezel

Juniors
Quote:
"The loser in the rescheduling is union, which is rapidly becoming No.4 in the football hierarchy in Australia. Super 14 games will be shifted from Fox Sports 2 to Fox Sports 3."
Don't worry Warrior you still have the World Cup!

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/aboutface-gives-bush-fans-their-game-back/2008/03/12/1205126011763.html
Not all bad news lets talk to John.
http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/news/plan-to-expand-super-season/2008/03/12/1205126011528.html
"We are very serious about Japan," he said last night. "We want to really accelerate Japan's move into the proper professional era. There is the possibility of a Bledisloe Cup being played in Tokyo, a Pacific Rim tournament, and a team based in Japan playing in Super rugby."

Looks like the ARU are trying to get more money into the game before it goes under. The ARU already has an issue with depth yet they want to expand the super 14 to a super 15 or maybe 16 and put Aussies in a Tokyo based side. If I was John I would be more worried about the issues Rugby has in its own backyard then trying to expand into other countries that really in Rugby terms have no chance. Rugby in Australia is already a distant 4th in the sporting codes and will continue to spiral down unless thay start investing money back into their own backyard. AFL & SOCCER are moving in with the NRL putting up a fight and the ARU putting up a white flag.

Cheezel

Juniors
Irish Warrior the moment you have been waiting for the Truth about NZRL Participation number :D

Who will have thought that there will be no national rugby league comp in NZ and their paticipation numbers drop from 40,000 to 15,000 .

http://www.sparc.org.nz/research-po...rticipation-nz-adults/participation-nz-adults

Current
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league_in_New_Zealand

Registered players22,000 (total)

Irish Warrior I caught you out :lol: How does it feel. You are now offically mine:lol:

Cheezel

Juniors
Irish Warrior the moment you have been waiting for the Truth about NZRL Participation number :D

Who will have thought that there will be no national rugby league comp in NZ and their paticipation numbers drop from 40,000 to 15,000 .

http://www.sparc.org.nz/research-po...rticipation-nz-adults/participation-nz-adults

Current

Registered players 22,000 (total)

Irish Warrior I caught you out :lol: How does it feel. You are now offically mine:lol:

Not less teams... less fully professional teams... There will still be 20 odd provincial amature and semi pro teams that cover the length of the country... something League doesnt have... these will feed in to the 8-10 FULLY pro teams

It doesnt need to re-kindle interest... the main problem is the comp structure... that is being addressed.

and there are 10 times - 20 times the number of juniors coming through in Rugby... so thats hardly helping League... and the big difference is that the School comps are mainly Rugby... League is concentraed on a few areas... this will ensure a much biggier supply of juniors to rugby than League

Pure specuation... you are assuming that the "bigger deal" will be big enough to firsty entice All Blacks to give up both being an All Black AND the much bigger offers generated in Europe... of course you are wrong there.... and no it wont become a second rate comp... there have been players leaving the country for years... they are always being replaced... wont stop now.

NZ simply hasnt got the population to sustain an elite rugby competition that can compete with the NRL. with NH RU clubs also taking their pickings, it wont leave much left.
hope this helps.
Rubbish... the NRL wont ever be able to compete with the deals offered from Europe... remember 1.7mill a year for one player!!!... No NRL team will be in a position to compete...

They have to... currently they dont have one at all... they should never have canned the bartercard cup[/QUOTE]

the point which youve missed from the start was that i never said when RL would over take union, just could it.

the implication being that league was closing the gap and could do more so in the future.

from that post youve said nothing that contradicts that.

less professional RU teams makes it easier for RL to grow in NZ.

a 2nd NRL side will also make it easier to grow as well.

and with the development of the game in nz, the number of juniors will close as well.

the NRL is a fantastic game and the more people that experience it, the more will get converted.

great posts.

ive never believed a word hes said, you can tell he just makes stuff up.

Irish Warrior the moment you have been waiting for the Truth about NZRL Participation number

Current

Registered players22,000 (total)

Irish Warrior I caught you out How does it feel. You are now offically mine.
Two things Cheesy and Turdymessenger .

2001 and Wikipedia :lol:

Sport Story
RSS
League: NZRL clashes threaten league reforms
Email this storyPrint this story 5:00AM Sunday February 25, 2007
By David Fisher

The body count is already high. As problems continue with the administration of the game, player numbers have fallen.

The most recent figures from the Sport and Recreation Council show that numbers of people playing league slipped from 30,249 in 2000 to 15,136 three years later. Similarly, at secondary schools, the number of young people playing has fallen from 2376 in 1999 to 1393 in 2005.

League doesn't even feature in Sparc's latest list of the 15 most popular sports in the country.

Im going to save you guys the Embarrassment
and not post the whole artical from the NZ herald last year but I thought I'll just post what you needed to see . Fill free to look up this artical you will find it on this forum . SO YEAH . IM ALL BS .:lol::lol: I hate saying this but, what the hell . I told you so .:D

Irish Warrior I caught you out . How does it feel. You are now offically mine
I guess that makes you mine .:crazy:

2001 and Wikipedia

and not post the whole artical from the NZ herald last year but I thought I'll just post what you needed to see . Fill free to look up this artical you will find it on this forum . SO YEAH . IM ALL BS .:lol::lol: I hate saying this but, what the hell . I told you so .:D

I guess that makes you mine .

lol at turdy.

wow thats a long post, he must be upset.

even his fellow union fans ignore him on planet rugby
:lol:

lol at turdy.

wow thats a long post, he must be upset.

even his fellow union fans ignore him on planet rugby
I know . You must be hurting now after I post that artical (NZ rugby league players paticipation numbers) . I would be avoiding the subject too if I got caught . :lol::lol:

and not post the whole artical from the NZ herald last year but I thought I'll just post what you needed to see . Fill free to look up this artical you will find it on this forum . SO YEAH . IM ALL BS . I hate saying this but, what the hell . I told you so .:D

Sport Story
RSS
League: NZRL clashes threaten league reforms
Email this storyPrint this story 5:00AM Sunday February 25, 2007
By David Fisher

The body count is already high. As problems continue with the administration of the game, player numbers have fallen.

The most recent figures from the Sport and Recreation Council show that numbers of people playing league slipped from 30,249 in 2000 to 15,136 three years later. Similarly, at secondary schools, the number of young people playing has fallen from 2376 in 1999 to 1393 in 2005.

League doesn't even feature in Sparc's latest list of the 15 most popular sports in the country.

Can RL take over from RU in NZ? .....NO NO NO:lol::lol:

This thread should have been sent to TFC ages ago. This forum should be a troll-free zone and this sh*t just encourages them.

Te Kaha

First Grade
This thread should have been sent to TFC ages ago. This forum should be a troll-free zone and this sh*t just encourages them.

Since the original post was started by a troll thats what you get... in saying that it really only went down hill when PW joined in.

Te Kaha

First Grade
the point which youve missed from the start was that i never said when RL would over take union, just could it.

the implication being that league was closing the gap and could do more so in the future.

from that post youve said nothing that contradicts that.

less professional RU teams makes it easier for RL to grow in NZ.

a 2nd NRL side will also make it easier to grow as well.

and with the development of the game in nz, the number of juniors will close as well.

the NRL is a fantastic game and the more people that experience it, the more will get converted.

fair enough... and given the state of League in NZ... the well over a 100 years of ingrained Rugby... the starting of change in Rugby for the better... the belief that there wont be a 2nd NRL team in the near future will ensure, from a purely Rugby point of view, that it will always be the number one sport in NZ.

Oh and the NRL isnt a game.. its a comp... Rugby League is the game.

Cheezel

Juniors

2001 and Wikipedia

and not post the whole artical from the NZ herald last year but I thought I'll just post what you needed to see . Fill free to look up this artical you will find it on this forum . SO YEAH . IM ALL BS .I hate saying this but, what the hell . I told you so .

:lol: Poor old Irish Warrior I own you now and the best you can do is cut and paste a article and modify the figures :lol: where is that link?

Warrior even if they are true these are just school participation figures :lol:

The Sparc report for 2001 states around 70,000 participatent. So you figures are incorrect on that alone......poor old Irish Warrior you keep on digging that hole mate........hopefully it gets big enough that you can't come out :crazy:

Cheezel

Juniors
Super Irish Warrior.......any comments on the last 10 postings I have done? Common Warrior make a fool of yourself :crazy:. This has been most entertaining! What Forums do you hang out on Warrior can I come and join? I would like to see what other rubbish your posting on the internet. Anyway Warrior you better go to School and we will hear from you when you get back :lol:

Poor old Irish Warrior I own you now and the best you can do is cut and paste a article and modify the figures where is that link?

Warrior even if they are true these are just school participation figures

The Sparc report for 2001 states around 70,000 participatent. So you figures are incorrect on that alone......poor old Irish Warrior you keep on digging that hole mate........hopefully it gets big enough that you can't come out :crazy:

Throw the towel in mate . I think you can't dig that hole in any deeper now . Even the one eye league fan on this forum knows you have screwed up and knows NZ rugby league doesn't have 70,000 rugby league players .
First it 22,000 now its 70,000 . Read the paragraph probably it says rugby league players numbers drop from 30,000 to 15,136 and SCHOOL NUMBERS FROM 2376 in 1999 to 1393 in 2005 . And I didn't modify the figures . Like I said . You will find this artical on this forum .

Super Irish Warrior.......any comments on the last 10 postings I have done? Common Warrior make a fool of yourself . This has been most entertaining! What Forums do you hang out on Warrior can I come and join? I would like to see what other rubbish your posting on the internet. Anyway Warrior you better go to School and we will hear from you when you get
I'll save you the embbarassment and not post the link but I might post the whole artical if you still not convince . So have a good day at school . When you might find another paticipation numbers of NZ rugby league players . If you had listern to me in the first place you could have save yourself some ambbarassment . I told you there were only a couple of schools in Auckland playing the game . 15,000 school kids play rugby league in NZ ?:crazy::crazy::lol:

Throw the towel in mate . I think you can't dig that hole in any deeper now . Even the one eye league fan on this forum knows you have screwed up and knows NZ rugby league doesn't have 70,000 rugby league players .
First it 22,000 now its 70,000 . Read the paragraph probably it says rugby league players numbers drop from 30,000 to 15,136 and SCHOOL NUMBERS FROM 2376 in 1999 to 1393 in 2005 . And I didn't modify the figures . Like I said . You will find this artical on this forum .

I'll save you the embbarassment and not post the link but I might post the whole artical if you still not convince . So have a good day at school . When you might find another paticipation numbers of NZ rugby league players . If you had listern to me in the first place you could have save yourself some ambbarassment . I told you there were only a couple of schools in Auckland playing the game . 15,000 school kids play rugby league in NZ ?:crazy::crazy::lol:

lol at turdy.

hes shown he is a liar and he still keeps posting sh*t.

no wonder he gets ignored every where he goes.

lol at turdy.

hes shown he is a liar and he still keeps posting sh*t.

no wonder he gets ignored every where he goes.

Im going to say this for the 10th time . Prove me wrong turdy . Is it that hard ? So i'll be expecting you to prove to me what nz rugby league playing numbers are . Hopefully I'll get an answer from you as well by the end of the day .
:D Can you do that ?

Cheezel

Juniors

I'll save you the embbarassment and not post the link but I might post the whole artical if you still not convince . So have a good day at school . When you might find another paticipation numbers of NZ rugby league players . If you had listern to me in the first place you could have save yourself some ambbarassment . I told you there were only a couple of schools in Auckland playing the game . 15,000 school kids play rugby league in NZ ?

Super Porkie telling Irish Warrior common I know you can do it.....post me the link!

And i think you need to read my previous comments again :lol: I would think the Sparc report is correct for 2001. See you can't even read the sparc report :lol: How about your invisable article?

Warrior what are you going to tell us next? :lol:

Poor old porkie telling Irish Warrior you are the laughing stock of the forums!!!:lol:

Start giving facts....I back up all my arguments with article and reports. You back up yours with.........NOTHING!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing :lol:

Cheezel

Juniors
Im going to say this for the 10th time . Prove me wrong turdy . Is it that hard ? So i'll be expecting you to prove to me what nz rugby league playing numbers are . Hopefully I'll get an answer from you as well by the end of the day .
Can you do that ?

We already Have SUper Irish Warrior :lol::lol::lol:

Show us the link!!!!!! Or you got something to hide? The article must also be giving Union a ribbing in NZ :lol:

:D Can you do that ?

turdy your lies were exposed by someone else.

FMD, even union fans ignore you, whats that say