What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Souffs get any worse?

jc155776

Coach
Beaten by an appauling Titans team even with an extra man for a ten minute period.

Scored one try against 12 men the other after a shocking call on Greg Bird for holding the man down.

After 5 months of talking it up in here and bagging other teams as wooden spoon certaintys the silence is deafening.

Oh.

AND LOL @ Souffs!!!! (where has that thread dissapeared too?):lol:

gronkathon

First Grade
Sandow is one of the worst halfbacks in the comp for many years.

The only worse halves to play are his understudies at Norths in Eddie Paea and the newly re-signed Joe Williams

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Wesser was a hundred times better than last week. Sandow was still poor.

Sutton has been unsighted the entire time the games are on.

Talanoa's defence and kick defusion is woeful. He should have had that Tomane try from the grubber completely covered.

The forwards are doing a good enough job.

Merritt and Champion are playing well, especially in attack.

But really their halves are the main problem.

typicalfan

Coach
Sandow is very ordinary, his asset is supposed to be his kicking game but that really stunk last night, the forwards laid the platform only for horrible kicks to happen.

Having such an ineffective 7 stifles the backline Sutton included.

Lambretta

First Grade
Watching that game last night was like having teeth pulled at times.

The game was laborious and lacking in any feeling.

It wasnt helped that it was being played in the atmosphere-less ANZ stadium or that Souths fans decided to boo every single play the ball in the hope of getting a penalty or the fact that the referees gave penalties for non events on at least 10 occasions.

I have never seen two worse sin binnings than I witnessed last night. Friend was sent for tackling round the legs and not releasing before the man had fallen to the ground and the Souths guy was sin binned for not using a spirit level to ensure that he was absolute dead centre when the Titans player was getting to his feet. Big f**king deal. Seriously, that was not worth losing a game over.

Back to the booing fans. Hey I know you're trying to win your team a penalty guys, but what you're doing is making the refs feel the game is much dirtier than it actually is and the result is the whistle fest we got last night. Newsflash. It's just as likely to HARM your team as help them penalty counts are often levelled.

yobbo84

Coach
Please.

John Sutton and Rhys Wesser only came back from injury 1 week before the Charity Shield and missed pretty much the entire off-season.
Roy Asotasi is coming back from doing his ACL and has barely trained also.
Sam Burgess is playing his first NRL season, after moving countries at the age of 21.
Dave Taylor is starting off at a new club.
We have a new coach.
Ben Ross, Michael Crocker, Eddy Pettybourne, Colin Best are still to return.

If you want to write us off, fine, then do so. But come Rounds 6-7 when everyone bar Pettybourne is back on deck and the players have had a couple of months to work on their combinations... I expect only then to get a true indication of where we're at as a team.

gronkathon

First Grade
None of that changes how rubbish Sandow is though.

Not writing the Bunnies off but he is unadulterated garbage

gronkathon

First Grade
As an aside WTF has happened to the Titans. Last year they played expansive, entertaining football. Now they have served up unispired dross for two weeks

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
As an aside WTF has happened to the Titans. Last year they played expansive, entertaining football. Now they have served up unispired dross for two weeks
that's the big story. we've got business as usual for souths, but the titans have played the last two weeks like they played that final against parramatta.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Titans were just as bad tonight. It was draw afterall (officially they won & they got the points, but as far as I'm concerned, kicking a field goal in golden time isn't a win.)

Vic Mackey

Referee
If you want to write us off, fine, then do so. But come Rounds 6-7 when everyone bar Pettybourne is back on deck and the players have had a couple of months to work on their combinations... I expect only then to get a true indication of where we're at as a team.

its a long year, whos to say next week you wont lose asotasi, burgess and champion to injuries. id say most teams have about 4-5 weeks a season AT MOST with their full 17.

you need depth in the nrl or you wont get far

super_coach

First Grade
Last nights game was a flash back to one of those saturday arvo games the ABC use to show between the south qld crushers and penrith, just a nothing game except a close score line.

In 2010 you have to have players who can execute strong 5th tackle options and Iam afraid Souths were appalling in this area and Prince was not a lot better.

What other options do Souths have in the halves???I think Johnny Sutton is a great footballer but not a playmaker.

I look at the Dragons and see a similar roster of players as Souths, but they are like chalk and cheese. One teams every play is planned and organized the other team is a rabble. Souths need to find a old head with skill to put into the no6 and take some pressure of the no7 or maybe even try and get say Tim Smith from the QLD cup. They need to do something in a hurry because even with the best pack in the world they are going to struggle without a football brain driving them around the field.

The ref cetainly didnt do the game any favors last night,but they were woeful both ways.

Both sides will get better and the Titians must wonder how and the hell they are on 4 points after two average games.

adamkungl

Immortal
On the Titans, particularly disappointing is the form of Greg Bird.
Was looking forward to him ripping in after his time off, but he has been very, very poor like the rest of the Titans side.

Paulie Jay

Juniors

I can't speak for round 1, but last night's performance was actually a lot more expansive than the way the Titans usually play in Sydney. Trust me as a Sydney based Titans supporter, when I go to games I'm used to seeing my mob penned in their own 30 and copping a flogging on the scoreboard.

Last night - no atmosphere at all. 10,000 people in Redfern Oval, now that would have been great.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The Tits will come good. The important thing is they're two from two despite serving up complete dross. Those 4 points will be gold plated come the end of the year.