What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Toulouse survive?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another nail in the coffin with Leeds upset win against HKR last round. Looks like no way back for the Frenchies. Shame I was really hoping they could be as successful as the Dragons.

The_Frog

First Grade
Another nail in the coffin with Leeds upset win against HKR last round. Looks like no way back for the Frenchies. Shame I was really hoping they could be as successful as the Dragons.
They could, given time. They should have a million pound game between the championship winners and SL losers every third year.

Tigers1986

Juniors
London, Toronto, Leigh, now Toulouse. This method of P/R is flawed and is doing jack all to promote a realistic chance once they arrive. Featherstone will experience it next year.

Licensing system that is re-evaluated every 3 years. Strengthen the Championship and League 1 whilst they're at it. West Wales and Cornwall being lapped each week. Why are West Wales still around? 1 win in 3 years. ooft.

I quite advocate for Richardson's idea of an elite 10 league based purely on licensing. Championship can be 12 sides. League 1 is then 12 sides (I think my math works out). Promotion is applied for on a 3-year basis and subject to license review.

St Helens, Wigan, Leeds, Huddersfield, Castleford, Hull FC, Warrington, Catalans, Toulouse, Hull KR. There's your 10 teams. Wakefield and Salford can go to Championship.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Catalans came last in their first season but were exempt. Imagine what would of happened if they were relegated and went bust. RL would be worse off that is for sure.

jim_57

Staff member
Catalans came last in their first season but were exempt. Imagine what would of happened if they were relegated and went bust. RL would be worse off that is for sure.

London, Toronto, Leigh, now Toulouse. This method of P/R is flawed and is doing jack all to promote a realistic chance once they arrive. Featherstone will experience it next year.

Licensing system that is re-evaluated every 3 years. Strengthen the Championship and League 1 whilst they're at it. West Wales and Cornwall being lapped each week. Why are West Wales still around? 1 win in 3 years. ooft.

I quite advocate for Richardson's idea of an elite 10 league based purely on licensing. Championship can be 12 sides. League 1 is then 12 sides (I think my math works out). Promotion is applied for on a 3-year basis and subject to license review.

St Helens, Wigan, Leeds, Huddersfield, Castleford, Hull FC, Warrington, Catalans, Toulouse, Hull KR. There's your 10 teams. Wakefield and Salford can go to Championship.

Yes “promotion should be earned on the field” apparently. But.. if a club wants to stay up they’ll need to completely overhaul their roster and the players that “earned” it are offloaded to other championship clubs anyway. If they keep most of their roster then the gap is too large and straight back to championship they go.

It’s amateur game mentality and Rugby League isn’t big enough in England to make it work. All so Featherstone, Batley or Doncaster aren’t “shut out” of a division they don’t belong in.

Northern

Juniors
Looks like they are improving. Magic Weekend a big one, but I think they will start to pick up points at home. Looks like just two of them to scrap it out now. Wakey lost to both other teams in bottom three in past two weeks.

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Corey Norman finally played his first game, put a nice kick in for one of their tries. He's still looking rather unfit though, you'd hope he improves

The_Frog

First Grade
Looks like they are deadly serious about staying in SL. It'll be like getting the band back together with Peats, Alvaro and Norman.