What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we start openly enjoying being top of the ladder in peace?

LazyDreamer

Bench
Dunno if it's just me or not...

It seems whenever a Dragons supporter mentions the fact we're top of the ladder & heading towards the minor premiership, we get howled down as chokers. We get howled down because it's still over a month to the finals. We get howled down simply because it's the Dragons.

Well screw 'em. Our last minor premiership was 1985. That year for me was year 12, turning 18, and my first year of playing rugby (eerily, we were also minor premiers, and we also lost out grand final 7-6. Seriously). Too many distractions to fully appreciate the feat at the time.

2009 hasn't been the greatest year for me personally (and if I never hear of July 2009 again, it'll be too soon). The one thing that's been a beacon of light is the form of the mighty Dragons. So I'm gonna keep openly enjoying the fact we're leading the comp and, in a week or two, celebrating the fact we've (hopefully) got the minor premiership wrapped up.

Yes, finals footy is a different ballgame altogether, blah blah blah. Why should that detract from what our side's achieved already? More imoportantly, why shopuld we still be copping it form lessor teams' supporters?

Come finals time, I'll be celebrating the fact the Dragons are there, and hopefully celebrating each & every win they chalk up.

I've had a gutfull of Roosters, Sharks et al supporters howling down the Dragons. They can kiss my ass, coz jealously's a curse!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
if we do choke, i'm telling everyone it's your fault :)

Godz Illa

Coach
I'm already enjoying it! In fact I'm enjoying it so much I can't find time to enjoy the Scum's battle for the spoon! I wish there were more hours in the day

saints4ever

First Grade
Strangely enough the time of July 2009 will forever live in my memory as a very black time as well. And once again, the only thing to look forward to is the Dragons games on the weekend.
Finally knowing I have a team that will turn up EVERY week (so far:D) and gets better and better to watch (so far:D) is unreal for someone born in the year we last won a MP. Ive had to live through 5 GF losses, and cant remember the last time Ive enjoyed the footy this much.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Enjoying while it last. Might last only another week. Might last another few years. Who cares, we are f**king winning !

That being said, if we don't win a premiership under Bennett, I'll be massively disappointed.

boxa777

Coach
The chokers tags generally come from supporters from the two bottom teams - Sharks and Roosters.. This is born out of pure envy because their teams are sh*thouse.

The next tag that gets floated a lot at the moment is that Soward is a grub or diver.. This fantastic piece of insight is generally provided by the Bulldogs supporters who are intimidated beyond belief this season and are especially wary of Soward's ability to hurt them in the big games.

All in all, I say f**k em and just ignore it all until a later date. We have a team that is really putting some serious smiles on all our faces at the moment. Better than any other years that I have seen so I am enjoying it.

saint_girl

Juniors
You got it in one. Jealousy is a curse. I have been hanging out for a year like this since I was born, seeing as I have never seen a Grand Final win for the boys and was too young to remember the minor premiership in '85.

I am soaking it up and rubbing it in the faces of all the people at work, especially a Manly supporter. I hope we go all the way to support my constant celebrations. If not, at least let us have one during the Sir Wayne years.

Doug2234

First Grade
I cope Chokers from Bulldogs fans at work. Bunch of scum they are!!

Saying that the guys calling chokers havent been to a game all year. So seeing as there not real supporters im not worried

silverex

Bench
Enjoying being at the top of the table is a bit like foreplay - it's nice while it's happening but it's not what's really important in the end. :lol:

The most satisfying thing for me about this season is that when you watch the team play, there is a quiet confidence and calmness that wasn't there in previous years. It's not complete mental torture like it was when Browny coached us.

And we are a much better side with Gasnier gone. They are playing more as a team rather than waiting for the miracle try from the star player.

It's great being on top for now but I think everyone with long memories is quietly cautious about declaring this to be our year. We have to get there to the big one yet.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Leaders-R20-09.gif

18to87

First Grade
I cope Chokers from Bulldogs fans at work. Bunch of scum they are!!

Saying that the guys calling chokers havent been to a game all year. So seeing as there not real supporters im not worried

Yeah I cop it from Tigers fans all the time.

gregstar

Referee
you've gotta be there to choke.

furthermore the term choke is bandied about by those with as much knowledge about footy as a broken, rusty pencil sharpener missing its blade.

big pat

Coach
you've gotta be there to choke.

furthermore the term choke is bandied about by those with as much knowledge about footy as a broken, rusty pencil sharpener missing its blade.

and now daveQ enters the fray.:crazy:

vista

Juniors
I don't how they classify us as chokers when we've only been favourites for the '99 GF. Talk about Haters. PS. The view is great from the TOP.