What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders - crap town, moron fans, pooch rooter culture

skeepe

Immortal
Interesting in relation to this comment and your thoughts on the Raiders alleged drinking culture, the Raiders fans I have met always seem to be big piss heads. I wonder if it filters from the fans upwards, or it's just a way to pass the time in the A.C.T generally?

He's from Penriff. Don't think I need to expand on that any further. :p

Did this thread go the way you thought it would macavity? Classic LU meltdown :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
One trait of a QLD bogan (aka rum pig) is the ownership of anything Bundy Rum, especially tattoos or car stickers.
So QLD bogans drink bundy... what kind of bogans drink a combination of vodka cruisers and vodka milkshakes? Because I'm in that category of bogan.

Slackboy72

Coach
So QLD bogans drink bundy... what kind of bogans drink a combination of vodka cruisers and vodka milkshakes? Because I'm in that category of bogan.

Ghey ones.

Seriously Canberra is just a large town but way too short of anything approaching a critical mass where you get a 'microcosm' such as in Melbourne or Sydney.
As such Canberra is what you make of it. Great place to raise a family but crap place if you're not.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Interesting in relation to this comment and your thoughts on the Raiders alleged drinking culture, the Raiders fans I have met always seem to be big piss heads. I wonder if it filters from the fans upwards, or it's just a way to pass the time in the A.C.T generally?

I live in sydney dude, have all my life, im moving to canberra soon. Penrith represents :lol: We're all piss heads here

Evenflow

Bench
Canberra ain't Victoriania.

People like _Johnsy go to Victoriania for a holiday, as apparently his tastes matured, most others go to quality places overseas for that.

Canberra, went there once, will do me.

Didn't take long for the inferiority complex to kick in yet again, a thread about Canberra which had sweet FA to do with Victoria yet the latter is brought up 5 minutes later in the first post. It's every bit as sad as what it is funny :lol:

gronkathon

First Grade
Any town with a football team that has a utter genius like "The Chief" on it's board of directors automatically loses any right to criticise any other town ever

_Johnsy

Referee
Any town with a football team that has a utter genius like "The Chief" on it's board of directors automatically loses any right to criticise any other town ever

add;

Any town with a football team that has a utter genius like "I don't have the backbone to honour a contract TALLIS" employed, automatically loses any right to criticise any other town ever

cleary89

Coach
Newcastle full of them. Struggletown Queanbeyan is like Manhattan compared to Newcastle. Where do you start:
Maitand
Mayfield
Stockton
Kurri
Cessnock
West Wallsend
Windale

You forgot Swansea. Delivering pizzas there is bad.

But then again, Windale is probably the worst.

Third Bugler

Juniors
Great thread wonder boy....

Why do you even care? Yes the majority of clubs have had a drinking culture, the same as the majority of society. Many people on the forum are overly subjective, just like many people in society. I've lost count of the amount of people here that say Canberra Raiders supporters are like this, St George supporters are like that. In reality people on here know of a handful of supporters from a club that annoys them with their behaviour in a certain area and then that person generalises and puts everyone from that club in the same basket. It's the way the human mind works in a lot of people. Otherwise their wouldn't be racists, homophobes ect out there.

Youse NewkArsle barsteds are all like that...

macavity

Referee
You forgot Swansea. Delivering pizzas there is bad.

But then again, Windale is probably the worst.

Windale is bad.

Apparently Swansea is Bears territory now though.

Newcastle is strange in that they put heaps of houso in some really beautiful places (Stockton, Merewether, Newcastle East, Belmont North, Swansea - basically all along the coast).

There are literally 2 million dollar houses next to old houso blocks.

Still a fantastic place to live though - although we are happy you all think it is shyt, as we don't want you living here!

and as for Mr Angry. im gunna make the assumption that you live south of tom ugleys bridge and therefore dont leave the shire. ever

the rest of sydney, has gone backwards in terms of friendliness and cleanliness in the last 5 years.

what happened?

Since R69 doesn't want to discuss the fact that pretty much all clubs have some sort of skeleton in their closet in the other thread, we can discuss it here as he has invited us to do.

I think Canberra is under an obligation to sack everyone who attended the infamous mad monday (guilt by association being in vogue at present), and educate those left over that no (and woof) means no, and that they should be mindful of teeth when they get their junk out, especially when they have smeared peanut butter all over it and there is a labrador close by (those dogs will eat anything).

discuss.

Classic.

skeepe

Immortal
and as for Mr Angry. im gunna make the assumption that you live south of tom ugleys bridge and therefore dont leave the shire. ever

the rest of sydney, has gone backwards in terms of friendliness and cleanliness in the last 5 years.

what happened?

Agree with that. I used to love Sydney as a place to live. Lived there for 3 years and had an absolute ball.

Go there now and it's seriously just awful. It's filthy, there's a much higher proportion of wankers and aggressive idiots, and it's impossible to have fun without an overbearing idiot with a security badge ruining your night. I'd much rather hang out in St Kilda or Melbourne CBD than ANY of the night spots in Sydney.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Agree with that. I used to love Sydney as a place to live. Lived there for 3 years and had an absolute ball.

Go there now and it's seriously just awful. It's filthy, there's a much higher proportion of wankers and aggressive idiots, and it's impossible to have fun without an overbearing idiot with a security badge ruining your night. I'd much rather hang out in St Kilda or Melbourne CBD than ANY of the night spots in Sydney.

It doesn't help that most bouncers are roided-up criminals themselves!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

what happened?
Mate I live in Brisbane. I grew up and lived quite a few years in Sydney. As an adult I lived in Ultimo for about 6 years. But I have been in Brisbane for about 10 years now. I loved living in Perth.

Personally I would never live in Melbourne, have to go there often and don't like the place one bit. But Adelaide is the last place in Australia I would live. Both Newy and Canberra I would prefer to Victoriania and it's geniused cousin Adelaide.

I would rather be in Sydney, but my wife and kids are happy in Brissy.