What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders for the spoon ?

innsaneink

Referee
Foz said:
The Raiders need 3 (maximum 4) wins to avoid the spoon.
I'd like to be as sure of winning Lotto.

Is that mathematically, 100% certain?

Thatd be 18-20 comp points, does seem a lot for a spooner, though Warriors and Souths ended upon 16 last year.

I guess Wests being 2 points behind and having one bye already also we'd need another 4...5, 6 wins to be absolutly safe, to avoid the spoon?

Its amazing what a good start can do, when you start talking like you club only needs 7 or 8 wins out of 20 odd more games to make the eight.

Raider_69 said:
while jimbos bring back one, i thought i might bring this one back

you lot still convinced we are spoon specials? :lol:

Its a long season mate and all it takes is Smithy to go down and I am confident you will forfill everyones predictions.

Foz

Bench
I'm working on 18 points to be certain of avoiding the spoon.
Canberra have a bye (12pts).
3 wins and your safe I reckon.
4 wins no problem at all.

26 to make the finals. 28 maybe.
I heard one well respected commentator say 24 might be enough to make the 8?
I wouldnt want to be on 24 but who knows?

thickos

First Grade
Last season the spoon team (Souths) finished on 14.

In 2003 - Souths 10.

In 2002 -Dogs 8 but Souths were 14 I think.

No matter how even the competition some team always drags the chain and it seems more than 14 will keep you clear of the spoon.

I'm confident of jagging two more wins in the final 21 rounds.... and isn't it great to prove all you guys, and the experts, wrong 8)

Foz

Bench
thickos said:
Last season the spoon team (Souths) finished on 14.

In 2003 - Souths 10.

In 2002 -Dogs 8 but Souths were 14 I think.

No matter how even the competition some team always drags the chain and it seems more than 14 will keep you clear of the spoon.

I'm confident of jagging two more wins in the final 21 rounds.... and isn't it great to prove all you guys, and the experts, wrong 8)

I thought Souths and the Warriors both got 16points last year?

thickos

First Grade
I think you're right... my mistake. :oops:

Still... it seems to be a pretty consistent figure across the seasons.

Dissapointment for Canberra.

From memeory they were 4-0 at one stage and 14 points from 9 rounds.

Matt Elliott is a good bloke though and I think he got the troops playing with alot of rpide this season. But as people warned them, they didnt have points in them.

RABK

Referee
Raider_Azz said:
:sleeper:

Whilst I am unsure of whether we will make the 8, I am 100% positive of one thing, we will finish above the Tigers.

:lol: :lol:

Cheers.

:LOL:

Raider_69

Post Whore
it wasnt that, in our first few weeks we were able to score a fine amount of points, smithy was killing it
it was that our team was chopped and changed too often as well as elliot doesnt have a back up plan for when smithy isnt firing...

elliot is the best bloke in the world, but a good coach he aint, particually when it comes to the attacking side of league, he has no idea how to handle young halves and backs, we are completely relient on Smith's abilitys, for simply no other reason then elliot has no clue in attack... with less injuries we will make the 8 next year, but whilst elliot is coach we wont win a premiership

but in the same token with elliot we will never win the spoon... we will always be also rans, which simply isnt good enough for the talent we have coming through :(

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:

i wouldnt be laughing mate, im sure i wouldnt have to look to hard to find one of you and your cronies telling all and sundry that you were CERTAIN you wouldnt win the spoon :)

Eddie.

Bench
LUKEY said:
Hey innsaneink, We should be proud of our club as we have seen the win three grandfinals in a actuall life time. Were you alive when Balmain or Wests won one? You are even lucky your team is even in the NRL. :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the way my pick for the spoon is tigers.

Cheers mate.

Eddie.

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Tigers - the bext cronulla :lol:
except replace their premiership drought with a top 8 drought

those bunch of suckers couldnt make the top in a 9 team format :lol:

Shrewd thoughts Raider.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Eddie. said:
Benji did ok this season I thought.

yea he did, kudos to him
Carney has done enough to confirm my belief in him :)
for a glimpse, see the first half of the tigers game a few weeks back :)

Eddie.

Bench
simon says said:
I dont care if you hang sh*t on the club, like you said, every club cops it, but if your going to do it, do it because of the club not because of its supporters

I hate both equally and feel an inate need to comment on your club and its fans stupidity.

Especially when you blokes keep telling me how good you are.When it is obvious(to everyone but lime green landers) that you are not.

Cheers.

Finally a man who knows what he is talking about.