What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra Raiders for the spoon ?

Bazal

Post Whore
*Wipes egg from face*

I never though they were specials, thought they'd be in the mix though.... #-o

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I didn't post it in this thread, but I was one of the many people who tipped the Raiders for the spoon. I was wrong and will now gladly eat my share of humble pie. As should these people: (and don't worry, theres plenty more)

dog4life said:
My tip for the spoon:

TIGERS

Raider_69 said:
tigers - the bext cronulla
except replace their premiership drought with a top 8 drought

those bunch of suckers couldnt make the top in a 9 team format

LUKEY said:
By the way my pick for the spoon is tigers.

thickos said:
Fair dinkum if the people that ran the Tigpies put as much effort in as you do in spouting sh*t you might actually have a good team.

:lol:

Thanks for this thread 69.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea ill cop that too
my picks were sharks and tigers #-o

the other popular pick was canberra
look at 1, 2 and 3 :mrgreen: :clap:

Raider_69

Post Whore
true that Paully but 5 rounds in, just wondering if any were willing to conceed defeat :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
ink... boyo, this thread is gonna hurt you and simon... alot of humble pie to to eaten by seasons end, much like myself and the tigers :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
I never picked the Tigers for the spoon, but I still stand by my pick that the Raiders will finish above them.

azza

Juniors
No one with their wits about them is getting carried away. There is obviously a long way to go and I certainly hope the Raiders don't drop off far from where they are at the moment. There are a lot of good teams playing the type of football no one expected them to play. The Tigers and Manly are both doing pretty well but I think the real quiet achievers have been the sharks. IMO they will be a real thorn in the backside of a lot of teams this year and will be tough to beat at home especially.

But, by gee, this thread is sweeeett to look at now :D

fatshark

Bench
Im another who said the Raiders are spoon contenders and also the Knights.
I still think the Raiders will be lucky to scrape into the top 8 though.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
ink... boyo, this thread is gonna hurt you and simon... alot of humble pie to to eaten by seasons end, much like myself and the tigers :lol:

Whys it going to hurt me?

All ive done in this thread is point out to viktoria -viking why Raiders fans push the victim excuse...."Oh they hate us." :blahb:

Going on the Monaghan/Raiders fans incident yesterday, do you wonder why?

I did tip the raiders for last, I think, only as i had about 4 at the bottom, was hard to split em. Looks like I was wrong, along with just about every other league fan in the country.

Raider Ultra

Bench
To make the 8 we've only got to win 7 or 8 more games to get there, if we go by last seasons standings. Personally that isn't my hope for the team. i had a sneeking suspicion we may make the top 4 before the season, hopefully our form can keep up and we stop getting injuries. The only fans that said the Raiders would perform well this season was Raiders fans, and we got shot down for saying it before the season began.

simon says

First Grade
Way too early to start crwoing IMO.....Tigers or Raiders could come last or first.Start pulling this thread out with 4 weeks to go,now is way premature....

Oh and BTW,what happenedto the very interesting and informative Monaghan saga thread....its dissapeared.Shame really,I thought it was an exceelent thread,very interesting.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Id say mod forum Simon
weather it returns is anyones guess

But i concur with benmeyer
i recon your only gonna need 24-28 points to make the 8
we are already on 10 with another bye thats 12, which means IMO to make the 8 we only need to win another 6 or 7 games
Thats enough for me to be 100% convinced we arnt gettin near the spoon :mrgreen:

innsaneink

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
Is this really all you have got insane?? Pathetic, that you have to use something from the past again, get a life.

I didnt drag up this old thread, one of your lot did.

'Get a life' :lol: .....how unique.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea i did ink
you and simon were convinced we were spooners, and you put a ton of shit on the signings of Jason Smith and Matt Adamson... enjoy your humble pie

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Yea i did ink
you and simon were convinced we were spooners, and you put a ton of sh*t on the signings of Jason Smith and Matt Adamson... enjoy your humble pie

Did we?

I see no proof. :lol: