What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra VS Parra Match Discussion Thread

salvy71

Juniors
It's hard not to when youve lost 3 in a row and 2 of them include the SHARKS and the raiders at HOME

True - first team to lose to cronulla - a dead set pub team in 13 games and losing to Canberra - who've won 8 of their last 39 away games is very depressing .
KK was one ray of sunshine tonight I guess .

Oh goody, can't wait to read the players talking it up in the media again this week.

And if DA is serious about form then INu comes in for Reddy next week,

Well it was only one game ...but my god Reddy had an absolute shocker!

Not that disappointed with the performance but this game proved once and for all WE NEED A HALFBACK!

The forwards overall had a good game so no one can blame them

Forty20

First Grade
I can't believe you of all people is saying this stuff.
Have you not lived the last 10 years of the Eels?

We have the talent.
We have the playing roster.
We have the coach.
We have the administration.

We started last year the same, and many others.
I'm shocked people are being so pessimistic so early in the season.
This years playing roster is the best we've had for years.
Have faith people.

Suity

Bang on Suity.

It is all too easy to overlook the positives that came out of this game. Robbo gave terrific service from dummy half, mannah and horo had monster games making important tackles and bending the defensive line. Poore played like a representative prop and Caylo shrugged off the rubbish that has been thrown at him to have a great game.

Mateo finally looked like he cared in the final 15 minutes, actually running hard at the defensive line to put them in two minds. Horo is ahead of him in my mind and should probably be starting.

Don't take it away from Canberra either. That was one of their most complete away performances in years. We are shaping up now in the forwards now and fool that I am I will tipping us to ambush souths next week. :D

Lot better effort tonight, give the raiders some credit they were red hot tonight.
Reddy if not suspended should be replaced by Inu, Joel bombed a couple of chances and gave away a dumb penalty in posession. Poore was a lot better tonight.
Inu for Reddy would be the only change I'd make apart from maybe Mitchell in for MK.

fish eel

Immortal
I can't believe you of all people is saying this stuff.
Have you not lived the last 10 years of the Eels?

We have the talent.
We have the playing roster.
We have the coach.
We have the administration.

We started last year the same, and many others.
I'm shocked people are being so pessimistic so early in the season.
This years playing roster is the best we've had for years.
Have faith people.

Suity

I stand my comment we'll miss the finals this year.

You need more than simply having the talent and playing roster, and our roster isnt as good as we think it is.

One thing is for sure, no way in hell we should still be amoung the competition favourites.

Suitman

Post Whore
I stand my comment we'll miss the finals this year.

You need more than simply having the talent and playing roster, and our roster isnt as good as we think it is.

One thing is for sure, no way in hell we should still be amoung the competition favourites.

We were in a far worse situation last year, with a less talented playing squad, and playing far worse.

Short Memories.

*I refuse to post a youtube link for the last statement. I don't want to bore anyone*

Suity

Hindyscrack

Bench
No chance of suprising souths... We have no structure or direction what so ever.

There is some serious talent in our backline that will sit there wasted with our current 9,7,6 options.

Our forwards are easy pickings with one out football, oppostion can put the numbers in the tackles without any fear at all.

fish eel

Immortal
We were in a far worse situation last year, with a less talented playing squad, and playing far worse.

Short Memories.

*I refuse to post a youtube link for the last statement. I don't want to bore anyone*

Suity

Yes, we were, but this isn't last year. We cant keep going back to 'last year we turned it around'.

Our team has massive problems ATM. We've scored 8,0 and 14 against three teams that leak points.

We're 1 from 5 and a long way off the pace needed to compete against South Sydney next weekend. It's not do or die next week, but geeze that time is almost coming IMO.

*a youtube link would have been a welcome diversion from the footy*

CrazyEel

Bench

Short Memories.

Suity
I haven't given up yet but I also think there's a little more wishful thinking in that statement than deep down belief. They will have to win a few more games throught out the first half of the season this year as they will NOT repeat the run they had last year IMO. We do have a strong roster but also some very big weaknesses in very key positions that were not addressed during the off season and will be targeted strongly.

True EEL

Bench
anyone who thinks the 6, 7 and 9 who got changed this week can turn it around in one game is having themselves on.....

for me, i thought those 3 went ok, yes Morts was a down, but he needs to stop talking to the f*%îng media....give them time, Robson in 9 was good i thought

CrazyEel

Bench
Yes, we were, but this isn't last year. We cant keep going back to 'last year we turned it around'.

Our team has massive problems ATM. We've scored 8,0 and 14 against three teams that leak points.

We're 1 from 5 and a long way off the pace needed to compete against South Sydney next weekend. It's not do or die next week, but geeze that time is almost coming IMO.

*a youtube link would have been a welcome diversion from the footy*
No, it wouldn't, please don't encourage him

parra pete

Referee
Whats the go with Bagging Mateo He has been solid in Defense and Setup that second try The raiders are a good young attacking side just ask Parra Pete!

I don't know if you are having a shot at me or not..BUT you are not wrong..they (the Raiders) are a good side and should have beaten Wests Tigers last week after having them well and truly by the nuts coming on to half time.
AND with Joel Monaghan David Milne, Travis Waddell and Justin Carney on the way back from injury...Drury Low, Mick Picker waiting in the wings the Raiders have a good future, especially next season.. if not a contender in 2010..

Parra Steve

Juniors
Our support play wasn't great late in the game someone was lookink for an offload and no one was with him in fact I think m keating turned his back on the ball to discuss the next play