What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canberra VS Parra Match Discussion Thread

fish eel

Immortal
Mortimer and Keating needed to swap tonight. Croker was given the task of rushing up on Mortimer all night. He needs the ball a bit earlier and look to have runners like Hayne and Keating coming off him.

I'm not sure Mortimer should eve be in the side at the moment.

I'd be tempted to move Mateo at 5/8 and leave him out there for 80 minutes.

I thought Feleti spent far too much time on the bench tonight.

Pazza

First Grade
Mortimer and Keating needed to swap tonight. Croker was given the task of rushing up on Mortimer all night. He needs the ball a bit earlier and look to have runners like Hayne and Keating coming off him.

I thought we looked better when Robson was at hooker too. When Matt K. came on they were very disorganised.

i agree, mortimer isn't physical enough to play 5/8. he needs to get the ball early to avoid getting nailed.

KK is a little terror, suited to the 5/8 role!

hindy111

Post Whore
WOW-I thought we would steam roll canbera.I was wrong.
Clearly dont have what it takes this year-Same as the dogs.Other teams look hungrier and more focussed.We had a good run last year and it took a lot out of us.
We may turn it around.But i think it will be hard.The style of footy we played last year with that intensity isnt sustainable for 26 rnds....
I thought our forwards where great and that is the part that worried me the most

Danonthespot

Juniors
Atleast we had a bit of enthusiasm and passion tonight. If we had've played how we played tonight the past 4 weeks we would have strung together a few more wins and would be playing with a bit more confidence and self-belief....somethings we are desperately lacking.
Hindmarsh is playing absolutely terrible in attack, such a waste of an attacking position, but don't think Ando has the balls to drop him. Matt Keating needs to be dropped for good. KK stepped up and had a real go tonight, but nobody was running off him or hitting any good holes.....Tahu needs to run some better lines or do something, he too is a waste of space at the moment.
Hayne needs to play a more Slater type support player and hit offloads from Mateo/Mannah/BSmith etc. at speed.
Mortimer is too small and needs to spend some time at Wenty. Can't believe we resigned him on those $$ at this stage in his career.

It's better to be in a slump now than at the end of the season. As long as we make the finals and hit some confidence and form, we should be right.

CrazyEel

Bench
Oh goody, can't wait to read the players talking it up in the media again this week.

And if DA is serious about form then INu comes in for Reddy next week,

Y2Eel

First Grade
The biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Problem for the eels is we get a small break then we pass the ball to Hindmarsh who walks the ball up we dont keep the pressure up....

Mateo tonight runs of Mortimers hip then get the ball makes a small bust then we go back up to the hit up style play or run it sideways for nothing....

Y2Eel

First Grade
The biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig Problem for the eels is we get a small break then we pass the ball to Hindmarsh who walks the ball up we dont keep the pressure up....

Mateo tonight runs of Mortimers hip then get the ball makes a small bust then we go back up to the hit up style play or run it sideways for nothing....

The Colonel

Immortal
Does anyone rekon reddy will miss a few games after he got on report? Who will replace him if so? Inu?

Let's hope so. The stupid penalty was one thing but passing the ball back inside to the our Canberra players not once but three times after he had been put away down the right side on early tackles was poor. Take the tackle and look to play the ball quickly and they have Canberra backpedalling where they actually look remotely dangerous..

Y2Eel

First Grade
BTW this week Anderson should go to The CEO and Board tell everyone to keep there heads out of the paper...

yy_cheng

Coach
I'm not sure Mortimer should eve be in the side at the moment.

I'd be tempted to move Mateo at 5/8 and leave him out there for 80 minutes.

I thought Feleti spent far too much time on the bench tonight.

As much as I hate Robbo organizing our play, I really agree that Hindy is pedestrian in attack. He stops it dead.

I agree with Mortz too. He should be our 14 from hooker.

1. Burt
2. INU
3. Reddy
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Hayne
7. KK
13. Mateo - for 80 mins
12. Smith
11. Hindy - and to have a break too as Horo is doing real good.
10. Fui
9. Robbo
8, Caylo

14. Mortz
15. Horo
16. Mannah
17. Poore

lzd

Juniors
one stat sums up the night.

D.Mortimeer 26 tackles.

When our number 1 playmaker has to get through that much work in defence, you can't expect him to carry the team offensiively. Not unless his name is Robbie Farah or Cammy Smith, and they've got Marshall and Cronk, not Kris Keating.

Eagerly awaiting the mandatory calls during the week for Cayless to be dumped - 25 tackles, 133 meters, 15 hit ups and aside from Hindmarsh, no one worked harder out there tonight. Our problems lie elsewhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon Inu was unlucky to be dropped, he has been one of our better players

Might be time to get Mateo back to 5/8, Morts isn't working his kicking game is pretty bad atm

Parra Steve

Juniors
Let's hope so. The stupid penalty was one thing but passing the ball back inside to the our Canberra players not once but three times after he had been put away down the right side on early tackles was poor. Take the tackle and look to play the ball quickly and they have Canberra backpedalling where they actually look remotely dangerous..

That was reddy's worst game in the blue and gold, I too think he'll get a couple weeks