What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannings To Qld

jayjayselmes

Juniors
he made a few line breaks what more can we ask of wade??

I hope he hasnt sighned with the bloody kiwis please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iafeta

Referee
Has he been given permission to negotiate?

I'd have to be screwed 4 more points for anti tampering :-(

Utey

Coach
Iafeta said:
Has he been given permission to negotiate?

I'd have to be screwed 4 more points for anti tampering :-(

He wanted a 3 year deal, we only tabled a 2 year. Warriors were after him since Webb was being forced out because of $$$ I think???

Iafeta

Referee
Ok.... Fair enough, guess all Warriors supporters are a little nervy over these things given how the previous regime seemed to handle things.

Stagger eel

Staff member
goodluck to him..

he's definitely not the future at our club, especially when we have the likes of Jarryd, Joel and Kris Inu who could slot in at fullback.

Iafeta

Referee
I've watched him for a few years, I thought he was ordinary at Souths, but I'd seen him before that in Premier League for the Eels and been very impressed by him. He appears to have a very good ability to break the line and churn up a lot of metres on kick return.

It'd be good if he is coming, but, like all fans you get loyally tied to certain players and Brent Webb has been a good servant on and off the field for us so it is a pity his asking price is too much for us. Particularly when you obviously pluck him out of Queensland Cup and develop him the way the Warriors have. Oh well, you then have to look for your replacements and McKinnon is still obviously a very talented player but fullback is congested at the Eels so its time perhaps for him to move on.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Iafeta said:
I've watched him for a few years, I thought he was ordinary at Souths, but I'd seen him before that in Premier League for the Eels and been very impressed by him. He appears to have a very good ability to break the line and churn up a lot of metres on kick return.

It'd be good if he is coming, but, like all fans you get loyally tied to certain players and Brent Webb has been a good servant on and off the field for us so it is a pity his asking price is too much for us. Particularly when you obviously pluck him out of Queensland Cup and develop him the way the Warriors have. Oh well, you then have to look for your replacements and McKinnon is still obviously a very talented player but fullback is congested at the Eels so its time perhaps for him to move on.

Wade is a good fullback no doubt, But Brent's a better player, I don't understand what the Warriors are on about there..

Iafeta

Referee
I think Webb is after c.$350K, Wade is after $200K.

$150K to spend elsewhere and when you've overspent under the previous regime on your book ends, it tends to make sense.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Iafeta said:
I think Webb is after c.$350K, Wade is after $200K.

$150K to spend elsewhere and when you've overspent under the previous regime on your book ends, it tends to make sense.

point taken. that does make sense.

Parra Guru

Coach
Cannings turned out to be a walking brain fart.

Good luck in QLD though...

As for Wade, the Warriors would offer him a sh*tload more than he's worth and probably offered him a 10 year contract :lol: They love mediocre Aussies

the_eel

Juniors
Don't worry about Wade he'll be back again in a couple of years similar to his stint at Souths.....nah just jokes good luck to him he's been very good over the last couple of years for us but i think the time is right for Hayne to step in next season.

PIG

Juniors
If we lose Wade and move Hayne to fullback I wouldn't mind provided we get a better winger than Williams. He's average despite the mega wraps he gets around here. Inu is all class but more of a Willie Tonga style centre in my opinion an would be wasted on the wing.

Backs aren't our problem at all...it's the pussys (excl Fuifui) we have in the engine room.

Utey

Coach
PIG said:
If we lose Wade and move Hayne to fullback I wouldn't mind provided we get a better winger than Williams. He's average despite the mega wraps he gets around here. Inu is all class but more of a Willie Tonga style centre in my opinion an would be wasted on the wing.

Backs aren't our problem at all...it's the pussys (excl Fuifui) we have in the engine room.

Williams isnt average, his proven himself IMO.

Latest posts