What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAp rules changed. Why?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dogs & Warriors both got their salary cap limits lowered as part of their punishment.
Why did the Storm not have that problem?

PJ

First Grade
I think it is because they were allowed to reduce the contracts for their players whereas the Storm are not allowed to do that, they need to release players and pay those remaining their existing contract price.

Surely

Post Whore
I wouldn't be expecting the NRL will try to uncover any more rorts for a few seasons. They wont want the publicity.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
ahhh got ya PJ.I guess they learnt that mistake after the Dogs were cuaght rorting then went out the next year with the same team, less Lolesi & won the comp.
It makes you think that if the tax man required 10 years of records how many would have been caught?
It also makes you think that maybe the Pennies & the Tiges were only team in the NRL ever, that won a legit title.? I also have doubts about the Pennys team though.

I think the theory that "he who spends the most, wins the most " is irrefutable now.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think it is because they were allowed to reduce the contracts for their players whereas the Storm are not allowed to do that, they need to release players and pay those remaining their existing contract price.
well it seems that not the case after Smiths press release stating they will take pay cuts.