What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Crisis

Brimmer

Juniors
With all due respect Jed... where was his direction this year?

2004, Canberra had the attacking prowess of the swiss army.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Woolford is a solid player. No doubt about it. But I think 05' should be his last year especially if we sign Withers. IMO Withers is already a better player and will provide more impact from dummy-half but Wollford will NEVER be shunted from the no.9 while Elliot is in charge.

greeneyed

First Grade
I note Woolford didn't walk away with any guarantees that the captaincy is still his: the coach said this would be discussed further early next year. Where there is smoke.....

The interesting thing was that Woolford got the promise of the captaincy a while back when he was considering a transfer to the Eels.

It seems to me he will be replaced next year in the role by Clinton. And the current captain will walk to an English club in 2006.

Bay56

First Grade
One more loyal player, who gives his all for the club, shafted.

If this story is true my opinion of managment and coach takes one more mighty dip .... they obviously have learnt nothing from the Stuart/Clyde debacle ... and neither have some of you 'fans'.

I have witnessed germ playing with near a broken shoulder .... the title of captain courages is well earned.

I have said it before and will say it again ... the sooner that big hose is utilised in the boardroom the better and the sooner Elliot leaves even better.

Makes I sick reading this sort of shit.

Anonymous

Juniors
Who didn't see somthing like this coming? Seriously can we go through a season without any major disasters?

Choc may be a fine player, but I'm of the opinion that a fullback can't be a too effective skipper as they're too far removed from the game most of the time.

If I'd give it to anyone, I'd give it to Marty as it'd force him to step up and he's a long term option.

But I'd leave it with Germ for another year.

Bay56

First Grade
jed said:
The conspiracy theorist in me tends to think though that giving Schif the captaincy would be akin to dangling a carrot in front of him to re-sign for '06 onwards.

If thats the only reason schif would stay a Raider I say f**k him off ... pride in wearing the green jumper, thats what's important, not having the 'c' by your name..

This story is a fine example of shooting the messenger ... germ is critical of managment's recruiting performance and all of a sudden the knives are out.

What message does this send to our youngsters when not even the position of captain is given the respect it deserves.

SACK THE f**kING ARSEHOLES AT THE TOP !!! :evil: :evil: :evil: They wouldnt even know if their arse was bored, punched, drilled or screwed.

ball boy

Bench
tim fullback would be perfect captain he is allways up the back orgaising everything anyway and he will just do more of it

SOULS 04

Juniors
honestly i reckon schif would be a better captain as i really dont thing woolford has a good relationship with the refs.

also i'll reserve judgement on woolford until a few rounds into next year. i think his form was well down this year and maybe having a quality hooker in withers woill force him to play.

i think hooker is a position for younger players who can get out of dummy half quickly. woolford just hasnt been doing that this year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Germ is a champion player and a very very smart captain, look at any game, watch our boys, they look buggered, look out on their feet and suddenly germ decides he wants to chat with the ref or has a fit at the ref, he gets called out and 'talked', thats give our fellas another 30 seconds - 1minute to rest, he pushes the envolope but never crosses the line. Also against Newcastle this year he scored us 2 penalties through smart footy play but running over and purposly tripping on fallen/offside markers, including one he pushed down himself! :lol:

he has a very astute football brain, i love the bloke, he is a champion!
But seems the majority think he should move on, i want him to stay with us as long as his body holds up but i think the alua of big money in england will claim Germ :cry:

I dare say he is our smartest captain ever :clap:

I think he should stay captain for this year for sure, making Schif captain for the sole reason of trying to retain him is a load of crap IMO, I agree with what Bay said.

However if we get Withers, I think '05 will definitely be Woolford's last, and while I think he is a champion, I think it's probably best if he did move on to England considering he'd be like 31-32.

skeepe

Immortal
I'd much prefer Woolford. He's a proven performer, loyal, and still one of the best hookers in the game. Withers has had one good season, and you want to shaft the second best hooker we've had for him? Crazy.

SOULS 04

Juniors
nah woolford is still number 1 or me

actually im gonna retract something i said

i think his form was well down this year

where as i do think it was down... our forwards were nothing on what they were last year and for a hooker to be making good runs out of dummy half the forwards have to do the job

lotm

Juniors
and neither have some of you 'fans'.
:lol:

Makes I sick reading this sort of sh*t
what ... sensationalist media propoganda? yeah ... makes me sick, too.

This story is a fine example of shooting the messenger ... germ is critical of managment's recruiting performance and all of a sudden the knives are out.
assuming the story is true ...

it's been confirmed that woolford will be given an offer for post-2005, and the discussion about the captaincy is an annual event. i don't really see the problem. i'm thinking you're searching for reasons to be critical of management rather than think rationally.

SACK THE f***ing ARSEHOLES AT THE TOP !!!
and your succession plan would be ... what? get daley or stuart to coach? good f*cking luck, mate. if you think daley's going to move away from his cooshy job at fox, or stuart away from his highly paid job at the roosters you're naive.

and what about management? who, pray tell, should get the job of managing the raiders? any suggestions?

you can't just say "sack the lot of them" without a succession plan and expect it to be a positive move.

Brimmer

Juniors
I think that anybody using this forum could say they are a genuine fan.

I for one can be very critical of players and personnel at times but it doesn't make me any less of a fan. Anybody who took one look around my bedroom could see I'm a raiders nutter. BUT! I won't blindly follow them. I get the feeling that a few people here may have a more 'emotional' connection to the raiders.

i.e Many of you guys may know the players or indeed they might actually know you. That can tend to cloud your judgement. I mean, back around 1987 Andre Moore from the brisbane bullets Hi-5'd me after an epic game (triple overtime) of basketball and mate... I was an instant fan!

I sometimes read somebody saying... HEY! Don't bag so-and-so because he came up to me and shook my hand... he's a really Good Bloke! OK. If we were talking about NGBL then maybe there would be a point. But we are talking about on field performances. The game of Rugby League.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that these forums are exactly that. A forum. A place where opinions can be shared, discussed and rebutted for all the fans of the game. Most of the time, peoples opinions will differ but it doesn't make any of us less of a fan. If we all had the same view we wouldn't log on here in the first place?

Imagine...

TOPIC: HOW GOOD IS ADAM MOGG!

I THINK HE IS GOOD!

I THINK HE'S UNBELIEVABLE!

I THINK HE'S GREAT!

Pfft...

Kris_man

Bench
yeah, well said brimmer. i think there's only one taboo thing to say, and that's to say someone's not a true fan. like you say, if someone bothers to come on here, esp. if they come on regularly, then it's pretty obvious they're a mad fan. opinions differe, that's it.

SOULS 04

Juniors
and your succession plan would be ... what? get daley or stuart to coach? good f*cking luck, mate. if you think daley's going to move away from his cooshy job at fox, or stuart away from his highly paid job at the roosters you're naive.

and what about management? who, pray tell, should get the job of managing the raiders? any suggestions?

you can't just say "sack the lot of them" without a succession plan and expect it to be a positive move.

well said.
hold on im sure me and my mates could run the whole establishment... actually i'll coach.