What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captain Crisis

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
That's exactlly what he's asking for Bay..... because you seem to think you can do a much better job, prove it!

You can't prove it though, which shows us that you are full of nothing but hot air.

Azz .. you wouldnt have your head stuck in the same sand pit as lotm's would you ... grow up son.

Raider Azz

Bench
Although I am a bit iffy on management too, the fact is they have come well in the player signings and things are looking good for next year. I am willing to acknowledge that. You are too busy shouted to the heavens for management's heads to give credit where credit is due.

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 - you seem to think that anyone who disagrees with your OPINION is misguided and needs to grow up.

I'll let you in on a little secret mate... people are actually ALLOWED to have opinions different to yours! Hard to understand I know, but it's true!

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
Although I am a bit iffy on management too, the fact is they have come well in the player signings and things are looking good for next year. I am willing to acknowledge that. You are too busy shouted to the heavens for management's heads to give credit where credit is due.

That is not a fact at all Azz ... that has yet to be tested in a full season of NRL Ist grade football.

The fact they got Withers was only beacause St George released him. This guy is a local and from all reports is glad to be back at home with family ... if they couldnt get him to sign on the dotted line my opnion of them would have taken a bigger dip.

Raider_69

Post Whore
here is a simple succession plan:

- Management made aware fans arnt happy
- inquest or what ever is lauched into the operations of our club and submission is made by an independant sorce
- independant sorce then has detailed report on the operations of our club including suggestions, this document made public
- these suggestions are followed up apon be that minimal operational changes or mass culling of people in high positions
- if document says that club is A-ok then fine, its obvious that me, bay and alike are wrong
- if document claims things need to be changed then thats what we do, we get people who know what they are doing and understand how to make a football club successful

As for the coach:
- contract not renewed, if the type of coach we are after isnt availible, Collins takes over short term, no garnetees, no anything, once we snear the signiture we need ie. a bloke who can identify, retain, attract and manage talent snoopy goes back to assistant, if Snoopy gets good results he could be rewarded with the full time job

Bay56

First Grade
skeepe said:
Bay56 - you seem to think that anyone who disagrees with your OPINION is misguided and needs to grow up.

I'll let you in on a little secret mate... people are actually ALLOWED to have opinions different to yours! Hard to understand I know, but it's true!

ohh really skeepe ... you may wish to advise lotm of this as well (afterall he initiated this whole debate with some detailed dissection of my opnions).

have you ever heard of the word "hypocrisy" skippy

lotm

Juniors
awww ... why are you ignoring me bay? i suppose that typifies your maturity.

:lol:

that has yet to be tested in a full season of NRL Ist grade football
hindsight is always 20/20, bay. who would you have liked them to sign? orford? and if he had a terrible season, you'd want to sack management because their signing didn't perform?

fools logic.

:lol:

skeepe

Immortal
Bay56 said:
have you ever heard of the word "hypocrisy" skippy

Yes I have. Although as I have not told other people to "grow up" for offering opinions different to my own, I fail to see how it is relevant.

You see Bay, I would only be hypocritical if I was doing the exact opposite of what I was saying. Look it up if you don't believe me.

lotm

Juniors
bay - you're entitled to your opinion, and i'm entitled to challenge it, and vice versa.

you made the outlandish statement that elliot and all management should be sacked. i asked you to provide me with a succession plan and you failed to do so. as a result, i attacked the imprudence of that statement. you then resorted to personal insults (a symptom of losing a debate). you didn't like being proven wrong, so took the mature option and began ignoring me.

this is a forum (a medium for open debate and discussion). you initiated the personal insults.

lotm

Juniors
now im no business expert or anything, so im sure someone with an idea could do better
absolutely - i wouldn't be against such a plan, but i must not be explaining myself properly.

what i meant was: bay made an imprudent statement about "sacking them all". he never said "there should be an inquiry into the actions of management". he wanted the immediate and unequivocal dismissal of all management. without a plan of who would take over and how, it's extremely poor form.

is that clearer or not?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Raider_69 said:

- inquest or what ever is lauched into the operations of our club and submission is made by an independant sorce
- independant sorce then has detailed report on the operations of our club including suggestions, this document made public
- these suggestions are followed up apon be that minimal operational changes or mass culling of people in high positions
- if document says that club is A-ok then fine, its obvious that me, bay and alike are wrong
- if document claims things need to be changed then thats what we do, we get people who know what they are doing and understand how to make a football club successful

As for the coach:
- contract not renewed, if the type of coach we are after isnt availible, Collins takes over short term, no garnetees, no anything, once we snear the signiture we need ie. a bloke who can identify, retain, attract and manage talent snoopy goes back to assistant, if Snoopy gets good results he could be rewarded with the full time job

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firstly - Find the spell check button champ.

Second - That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

Point 1: Fans arent happy with management? Theres only like 3 fans that arent happy with management. The rest are happy, and looking forward to a big season next year. So get a grip and come back to reality. ;-)

lotm

Juniors
Point 1: Fans arent happy with management? Theres only like 3 fans that arent happy with management. The rest are happy, and looking forward to a big season next year. So get a grip and come back to reality.
there's nothing wrong with reviewing management. they have to be kept on their toes. the review might say management is doing a good job and may arrest the fears of most fans questioning the competence of management.

outlandishly sacking management without a plan of how to progress afterwards is something i have a problem with.

skeepe

Immortal
Antonio: that's just a hypothetical plan, and it's not a bad one. If the majority of fans weren't happy with management, I'm sure we'd know about it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raiders 2005 said:
Raider_69 said:

As for the coach:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Firstly - Find the spell check button champ.

Second - That's the funniest thing I've read on this forum.

Point 1: Fans arent happy with management? Theres only like 3 fans that arent happy with management. The rest are happy, and looking forward to a big season next year. So get a grip and come back to reality. ;-)

firstly, i couldnt give 2 shits about my spelling, as i said i dont really do anything to do with this shit so im sure someone could come up with something better

second - im glad i can amuse you tonio ;-)

Point 1- i know a few fans, alot more then 3 that arnt jumping over the moon over the way management have handle several situations, Davico and Wiki come to mind, and there no need to go for the coach thing cause we all know there is plenty that want him gone

greeneyed

First Grade
There is not one season ticket holder sitting around me who are happy with management. There is very widespread dissatisfaction in my view.

Raider_69

Post Whore
greeneyed said:
There is not one season ticket holder sitting around me who are happy with management. There is very widespread dissatisfaction in my view.

exactly
i know 6 blokes that dont post here that are all livid at management and from what im hearing at the few games i attended, there is plenty more where that came from

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:

:shock: :shock:
susprise surprise ... funny how I've had similar experiences with the unfortunate fact that some wont be renewing their tickets next season .. true fans, dont know, but the fact is they will not pay their hard earned next season.

I work in a rugby union environment and most guys there think that Raiders management is doing just fine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts