What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carney sacked

Since 73

First Grade
Yep - something dont ring true.

Without pissing on the good news..... A lifelong supporter who loves the sharks and hasnt at least read we have no sponsor - and decides his brand is good for us only AFTER our best player is sacked??

Not last year?..... When he almost won the Dally M and we were top 4 rather than last.

I think we have a kevin rudd type trying to warm himself to us.
"I love the cronulla Tigers and their captain Paulo Gallop."

Last edited:

sharkadelic

Juniors
I read "childhood fan but drifted away" as opposed to stuck solid the whole way through. If he is willing to get on board this basket case roller-coaster club and put his hard earned cabbage into it, he can spin his association however he likes.

Welcome aboard son. The wins are sweet when they finally roll around.

Plastered

Juniors
Exactamundo Sharkadelic. If you asked my mum which league team she has supported all her life she'd say the Sharks, but she couldn't name 1 player or tell you the name of the stadium.

Well done Labour Health, we get the money and you get exposure thanks to the bubbler. Well played.

Ads

First Grade
Load of crap. Just good marketing, look at how much attention they got purely because of the irony. Cant see them sticking around past this season.

Weaponhead

Coach
Load of crap. Just good marketing, look at how much attention they got purely because of the irony. Cant see them sticking around past this season.

That may well be correct but it is still important for us to have a major sponsor as it neutralizes one of the major attack points against the club. Having a major sponsor shows that corporates can get value from the association even if this one is ironic and tactical.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Maybe Ad. Not sure. If the arrangement provides some synergies then who knows. Thought i heard / read that they will be assisting us with our Asada compliance stuff. Sure could use that help. We are helping them as well. Id never heard of the efers before Friday. Now I love em!

Card Shark

Immortal
That may well be correct but it is still important for us to have a major sponsor as it neutralizes one of the major attack points against the club. Having a major sponsor shows that corporates can get value from the association even if this one is ironic and tactical.

Agree weapon, fills a bloody big (embarrassing) void on our jumpers.

Marchad

Juniors
I can see them sticking around. The more employers control what there employees do on there time off the bigger the drug and alcohol testing industry grows.

stevie013

Juniors
Was that you I saw celebrating a try on Saturday night on Fox ?

wouldnt have a clue mate. i was quite full of liquid before i got there so i would forget about us getting flogged. so seeing myself on the big screen, nope, no idea if that happened either.....hahaha

:crazy:

stevie013

Juniors
Couldn't have been a better close up - unless we saw the bloodshot eyes ;-)

oh dear. it couldnt have been me, i would have text messages from everyone saying they saw my stupid mug on tele....hahaha

i wear glasses now cardy, so it may have been some poor bastard that looks a bit like me...

taipan

Referee
We aint doing to badly, seeing we are coming last,had a photo of TC's finest 15 seconds of fame,ASADA issue hanging around like a fa*t in a lift,a coach who can't get near the place,fines.

Why? Committed supporters who have stuck with them through thick and thin.The Sharks still resonate within the local community because there are many good guys in the club,and smaller businesses have held strongly .And the last fortnight has shown a team with committed young newcomers plus a few hard heads,can perform the impossible.
Thus we get a major sponsor which is a good look and silenced the knockers.

That's why this club despite the crap ,management issues ,and near death syndrome over decades, is still for me to this day,the club I first watched and committed to.

Imagine (hello John Lennon) what this club will be like with coin behind it and no ASADA.The future is bright,the future is Sharksville unlimited.

Omnishark2

Juniors
We aint doing to badly, seeing we are coming last,had a photo of TC's finest 15 seconds of fame,ASADA issue hanging around like a fa*t in a lift,a coach who can't get near the place,fines.

Why? Committed supporters who have stuck with them through thick and thin.The Sharks still resonate within the local community because there are many good guys in the club,and smaller businesses have held strongly .And the last fortnight has shown a team with committed young newcomers plus a few hard heads,can perform the impossible.
Thus we get a major sponsor which is a good look and silenced the knockers.

That's why this club despite the crap ,management issues ,and near death syndrome over decades, is still for me to this day,the club I first watched and committed to.

Well said mate ... couldn't agree more !!!
Community support has survived everything that's been thrown at it over the years (and there have been some real lean years) ... nothing short of a nuclear holocaust will wipe it out !